Page 75 of 176 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2626

This is really huge news given how important he is in the clubs trajectory.

I'm entirely comfortable with the length of the contract as well. It's a 4 year extension on top of his existing contract. The alternative was he goes to market in November and we end up with the bidding nightmare and disruption of potentially losing the one player that typifies what the future of the club is about. A 4 year extension for an origin quality, 22 year old fullback that is the best local junior we've ever produced, loves the club, and lives and breathes the Gold Coast? No brainer.

Stoked. He's great for our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I'm entirely basing my discussion off a pissy article from Badel saying we had so I'm hoping he was right

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations to Titans junior Tony Francis who has signed a development contract and gone full-time with the Titans NRL squad.

Francis has been part of the JTS academy since the start of 2021, and is still Under 19. Marsden High School product who was with the Broncos formerly.

Some highlights for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcQbB49xfg8
    Fairly pedestrian for an outside back but that's some damn impressive highlights.

This is really huge news given how important he is in the clubs trajectory.

I'm entirely comfortable with the length of the contract as well. It's a 4 year extension on top of his existing contract. The alternative was he goes to market in November and we end up with the bidding nightmare and disruption of potentially losing the one player that typifies what the future of the club is about. A 4 year extension for an origin quality, 22 year old fullback that is the best local junior we've ever produced, loves the club, and lives and breathes the Gold Coast? No brainer.
    Agree with some of the sentiments that I feel 5 years is probably a tad too long... But agree with everything you've said here about it being very important for the clubs future. AJ belongs on the GC

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    Agree with some of the sentiments that I feel 5 years is probably a tad too long... But agree with everything you've said here about it being very important for the clubs future. AJ belongs on the GC
    My user name being a pisstake on the ridiculous unwarranted contract Zilly was given, Im happy to extend AJ 5 years. He's only 22, seems to be getting better each year and is a good pillar to rebuild our club off. AJ, Mo, Tino, Fifita are going to be key to our success moving forward. The club needs to now build the team around them through astute signings and some junior development coming through.

Inactive User

Given my daughters favourite Teddy Bear is named AJ Brimson this is good news

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    100% agree with everything there. I don't know what it is but I've been saying it a lot this year that he doesn't look quite as elusive as he did last year, plus I think he's lost a little bit of speed too. Probably a symptom of the lisfranc injury at the start of the year, but didn't I hear somewhere that he's had an ongoing groin niggle for a while too? 5 years is too long for my liking.
    We could sign Nathan Cleary on 200k/year and you would still find something to whinge about.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    We could sign Nathan Cleary on 200k/year and you would still find something to whinge about.
    Sorry for having an opinion. Why have a go at me specifically when I was just agreeing with the person I quoted?

I love AJ. I'm just weary of 5-year deals after 10 years of the club being bogged down with dead weight because of them. But it's 4 years on top of this current year as HS said, plus the price seems good too so I'm happy with that part.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 20-05-21 at 03:55 PM.

A 4 year extension for an origin quality, 22 year old fullback that is the best local junior we've ever produced, loves the club, and lives and breathes the Gold Coast? No brainer.
    It's a fantastic signing and shows loyalty and belief. He is an excitement machine in a key position. Plus he has a great personality that the fans enjoy.

I think he has been a little off this year, but he has also been one of our most consistent triers. I think he will have a big Origin campaign.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Great news, hopefully it starts a few more dominos falling with some more contract extensions.

Unpopular opinion but I would like to sign peachey again. 2 year deal second year in clubs favour.

We dont need Cleary. We have Ash.

Happy with the signing of AJ. He is a local junior, all round nice guy and a excitement machine.
    Even though the numbers are probably just made up. I wonder what he would have got on the open market? 750 seems like a fair deal.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    We dont need Cleary. We have Ash.
    Haha

What year is it?

Haha

What year is it?
    I am tapping in to Bods 5 year plan. Ash will be useful when he turns 31. A late bloomer for sure.
    Back to topic - I hope the 4 year extension is just that and not the usual 3 year deal with an option in his favour. We must now lock up Tino, with no escape clauses this time.