Page 73 of 176 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2626

Blake Austin nearing NRL return; huge Matt Dufty blow in ‘touch and go’ Dragons talks: Transfer Whispers

Source: FOX SPORTS
    May 19th, 2021 10:27 am

Former Raiders star Blake Austin could soon be back in the NRL with the Gold Coast Titans reportedly emerging as the frontrunner to sign him.

Austin played 88 games for the Green Machine before moving to the Super League in 2018 where he has been playing for Warrington Wolves.

The 30-year-old is off contract at the end of the season and according to League Express has been identified by Titans coach Justin Holbrook as an option to bolster their playmaker stocks.

Ash Taylor is so far without a deal for 2022 while the Titans also have Jamal Fogarty, Tanah Boyd and Toby Sexton on their books.

Austin has found himself out of favour with coach Steve Price, playing just five Super League matches this season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...6a04d94e2e520e
    Psmitty

I've got a conspiracy theory.....

Doesn't Daryl Clark play for Warrington Wolves and Blake Austin plays for the same club, could we be looking at getting them both in which could be beneficial because they have an already established relationship in the spine hmmmnn....

I know Daryl Clark priced himself out, but who knows he might take less, if we can pick up both on Atays contract I will be happy.

I have a feeling Austin will be our 6 next year.
    Psmitty

Watched the Warrington game v Huddersfield yesteday. That Warrington Team is horribly coached (Steve Price go figure) but Clark & Austin were probably the standouts. Sezer was good but he's a 7 through and through.

I still don't necessrily get excited by the rumours linking us to Milford and Austin (Hynes seems like a younger player with similar attributes but word is he wants to be a fullback) but can understand why they're the type of player the club is trying to pursue

God looking through all the different Super League teams line ups you forget how much NRL potential has gone over there, so many faces I forgot.

Matt Parcell, Jake Mamo, Blake Austin, Manu Ma'u, Bevan French, Aidan Sezer

I am sure Holbrook is more up to date with Super League than any of us, but looks like there is some guys we can bring back to Australia some of which are still relatively young.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Watched the Warrington game v Huddersfield yesteday. That Warrington Team is horribly coached (Steve Price go figure) but Clark & Austin were probably the standouts. Sezer was good but he's a 7 through and through.

I still don't necessrily get excited by the rumours linking us to Milford and Austin (Hynes seems like a younger player with similar attributes but word is he wants to be a fullback) but can understand why they're the type of player the club is trying to pursue
    Out of this lot I've got Hynes > Austin > Atay > Milford

HS who would you want in the squad at 5/8, who is also a realistic option (eg off contract)??

I still want Shaun Johnson, I know it's debatable in such a crucial position but don't see who else is better at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    God looking through all the different Super League teams line ups you forget how much NRL potential has gone over there, so many faces I forgot.

Matt Parcell, Jake Mamo, Blake Austin, Manu Ma'u, Bevan French, Aidan Sezer

I am sure Holbrook is more up to date with Super League than any of us, but looks like there is some guys we can bring back to Australia some of which are still relatively young.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of this lot I've got Hynes > Austin > Atay > Milford

HS who would you want in the squad at 5/8, who is also a realistic option (eg off contract)??

I still want Shaun Johnson, I know it's debatable in such a crucial position but don't see who else is better at the moment.
    None of the options get me too pumped up mate but I think it comes down to the price we can secure them for. The club is clearly pursuing a 6 that has some presence and threat with the ball in hand (which Paul Turner has in spades), but are looking for someone with a bit of experience that won't break the bank too much.

Hynes has the most appeal but apparently wants to be a FB and we'd be in a bidding war with Brisbane. He'll end up there as their #1.

I like the way Austin plays and he's probably got the potential to to be the least-disappointing (I'm ashamed to use that as my metric for assessing him) and value for money.

Milford would come down to what price we're paying him.

Johnson I think is chasing some $$ for a retirement contract and could end up in SL. I rate him but he can't stay on the field and I worry about taking on that risk, especially when hé would cost 2-3x as much as the other options.

Ash I don't see the point in re-signing even on a reduced deal. I think the best thing for him is to go to another club or SL and change his environment up.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 19-05-21 at 04:19 PM.

Did we sign Paul Turner or was that wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Did we sign Paul Turner or was that wishful thinking?
    I'm entirely basing my discussion off a pissy article from Badel saying we had so I'm hoping he was right

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations to Titans junior Tony Francis who has signed a development contract and gone full-time with the Titans NRL squad.

Francis has been part of the JTS academy since the start of 2021, and is still Under 19. Marsden High School product who was with the Broncos formerly.

Some highlights for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcQbB49xfg8
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 19-05-21 at 05:22 PM.

Immortal

Tony Francis certainly has the potential to be a very good centre.

I'm entirely basing my discussion off a pissy article from Badel saying we had so I'm hoping he was right

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations to Titans junior Tony Francis who has signed a development contract and gone full-time with the Titans NRL squad.

Francis has been part of the JTS academy since the start of 2021, and is still Under 19. Marsden High School product who was with the Broncos formerly.

Some highlights for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcQbB49xfg8

Looks like a very solid boy.. looks good for a centre..

I thought Paul turner might of been signed for a 5/8th spot?

First Grader

We are a long way off from competing against the top teams and we need to buy quality rather than journeymen such as Austin. I see that the Tigers are making a play for TPJ and Isaako and it is this aggressive approach to recruitment that the Titans need to follow. If we have approx$2.5 million to spend, spend it on quality to improve the squad

- - - Updated - - -

Very impressive skill set looks like a mini version of latrell with his balanced running style

https://www.zerotackle.com/warriors-...-moves-103932/
    This is what I found out about Turner
    I think we also should sound out L Lam see if we can get him
    also there is Reed Mahoney and Jayden Braily worth a chat to in the later part of this year

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    https://www.zerotackle.com/warriors-...-moves-103932/
    This is what I found out about Turner
    I think we also should sound out L Lam see if we can get him
    also there is Reed Mahoney and Jayden Braily worth a chat to in the later part of this year
    I see that the warriors have officially announced his departure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Tony Francis certainly has the potential to be a very good centre.
    Just need some speed outside a lad like that. Bust 'em up and give it the quick guy.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I see that the warriors have officially announced his departure.

- - - Updated - - -

Just need some speed outside a lad like that. Bust 'em up and give it the quick guy.
    Jojo fifita perhaps??