Page 72 of 176 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2626

Blake Austin is a rumored target

Gold Coast Titans have emerged as a potential new home for Warrington’s Blake Austin next year.
    The halfback is a free agent at the end of this season and is set to depart the Wolves. League Express understands the stand-off is one of a number of players Gold Coast are interested in signing.
    The Titans are keen to strengthen their playmaking options. Currently the Queensland club have Ash Taylor, Tanah Boyd, Jamal Fogarty and Toby Sexton.
    Taylor is off-contract at the end of this season and currently unsigned for next year.
As Boyd and Sexton are both only 20, and Sexton has yet to make his NRL debut, Austin would offer much-needed experience to their spine.
    He made more than 100 appearances in the NRL for Penrith, Wests and Canberra between 2011 and 2018 before joining Warrington.
    He signed a three-year deal with the Wolves at the start of 2019.
The 30-year-old has played more than 50 times since then, and has also represented Great Britain, and England at the 2019 Nines World Cup. This season Austin has fallen out of favour and only played three of the club’s five Super League matches.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.totalrl.com/blake-austin-could-become-a-titan/

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know how is form has been recently??

Honestly would still probably bring more than Ash

are we ****ing kidding ourselves?

Oh wow he's only 30. I thought he'd be at least 35 by now.

his season Austin has fallen out of favour and only played three of the club’s five Super League matches.
    That sounds pretty severe. I haven't watched him much in Super League. But I liked his most recent years in the NRL.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Certainly would be an improvement on what we've got but surely wouldn't pay anything except bargain price for him .. I'm sort of hoping that Sexton and/or Campbell get a bench position and blooded this season in prep for next year. I'd really like to make a secret but serious play for Hodgson while clearing some more deadwood.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Hodgson loves to overplay his hand at hooker instead of just giving early ball to the halves, and the Raiders arguably play better without him at 9 hence him coming off the bench last week. I don't think he is what we need

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Hodgson loves to overplay his hand at hooker instead of just giving early ball to the halves, and the Raiders arguably play better without him at 9 hence him coming off the bench last week. I don't think he is what we need
    Not poking you on that and nor am I fan of the Raiders nor Hodgson but that was not his go until Ennis got inside his head ... an organiser who regardless of the media's criticism (Ennis leading the charge) is a class way way way above what we have.

And I'd bet my left nut that the "leak" between NRL360 and Sticky that annoyed Hodgson so much was via slick Mick through Kent too ... just saying. There are so many agendas in that opinionated old boys club e.g Wighton is nothing but a manufactured 5/8 imho and his backline is suffering for it, none more than Croker on that edge.

Personally I'd love to have Sezer back to bring Sexton and company on.
    Last edited by Titanic; 17-05-21 at 04:08 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Personally I'd love to have Sezer back to bring Sexton and company on.[/QUOTE]

Agree on this one. Sezer would bring experience to the role. Is he available? I seem to recall he didn't leave us under good circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    For anyone interested in the highlights of young Jayden Campbell's hatrick on Saturday

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2021/05/...tweed-v-pride/

he's getting better and better
    Classy attack but the defensive efforts are a bother. Should fit right in.
    Seriously though, let's hope he pans out to be a 'goodun'.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Personally I'd love to have Sezer back to bring Sexton and company on.
    Agree on this one. Sezer would bring experience to the role. Is he available? I seem to recall he didn't leave us under good circumstances?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he was a casualty of the DCE signing. Decided to move to Canberra on the back of that, only for DCE to backflip.

I'd sign Nicho Hynes purely off of how hot he is

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    I'd sign Nicho Hynes purely off of how hot he is
    He also apparently came out today saying make me an offer. Or so the head line was prompting, didn't click it

I defiantly think MILF is worth a calculated risk as his current status in the game is directly linked to the disaster that as surrounded him.
    In the right environment he will shine again and hopefully at the Titans his extraordinary abilities are rediscovered.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I defiantly think MILF is worth a calculated risk as his current status in the game is directly linked to the disaster that as surrounded him.
    In the right environment he will shine again and hopefully at the Titans his extraordinary abilities are rediscovered.
    I'm not so sure, we are not the Melbourne Storm where we can bring in journeymen or players down on confidence and they go into a system which let's them thrive again. Let's face that Milford is as much damaged goods as Ash Taylor, I don't think we are the right club to get the best out of either of them.

My opinion is we need to bring in someone who is hungry and is more likely to inspire the team, someone who isn't gun shy and will take some risks. I can't see a dropped bottom lip again when the going gets hard, I want someone with attributes like James Maloney (or even Mitch Moses) who will keep taking shots for a try even if some of the attempts failed....not someone who will withdraw into their shell when we are losing or they make an error.