Page 51 of 176 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    The titans could have some serious funds to splurge next year with 600k this year, Taylor 1 Million, Proctor 600k, Peachey 500k, Rein 300k?
    A lot of clubs have a lot of free cash next year, I just hope we know what we're doing like with the Tino signing and get it early before other clubs start going all in with the leftovers

After waking up today and having a clear head and no longer being pissed off by yesterday's performance, Atay has got to go. A fraction of that $1m could go to so many other halves available Shaun Johnson, Adam Reynolds, Jackson Hastings, Gareth Widdop, Connor Watson, even Kotoni (if he is going to be a 5/8). Let alone our own juniors who may or may not be up for the challenge. I think we have to let Atay go, we've taken the general position away from him, the conversion kicking, has 1 good game for 2 bad games.

We need a hooker and 5/8 ASAP. Big body winger next priority.

Inactive User

I think if I was to look at our halves going forward I would sign Staggs and play Fogarty/Staggs next year and then Staggs/Weaver for a decade.
    If Sexton comes on as well then you’d have Sexton/Weaver as the halves and the luxury of moving Staggs to the centres.
    Tanah Boyd needs to totally focus on becoming a First Grade starting hooker.

I’m saying this because I don’t see us being in a “Premiership Window” for at least two seasons. So we need to continue to build through recruiting young players with ties to the area.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 18-04-21 at 10:42 AM.

I have watched Sexton in his last two games and it just confirmed with me that, at some time this year, he is going to own the half position in the NRL side. Good organiser, good kicking game and takes the line on with speed and a step. Much quicker than Fogarty and a good defender. He is the immediate future whereas Weaver is at least a couple of years away. Interested to know why you don’t have a wrap on Sexton, Bodie? I may be missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I think if I was to look at our halves going forward I would sign Staggs and play Fogarty/Staggs next year and then Staggs/Weaver for a decade.
    If Sexton comes on as well then you’d have Sexton/Weaver as the halves and the luxury of moving Staggs to the centres.
    Tanah Boyd needs to totally focus on becoming a First Grade starting hooker.

I’m saying this because I don’t see us being in a “Premiership Window” for at least two seasons. So we need to continue to build through recruiting young players with ties to the area.
    Burleigh and the titans keep playing him at half. sexton showed him up in rivalry round on the weekend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    I have watched Sexton in his last two games and it just confirmed with me that, at some time this year, he is going to own the half position in the NRL side. Good organiser, good kicking game and takes the line on with speed and a step. Much quicker than Fogarty and a good defender. He is the immediate future whereas Weaver is at least a couple of years away. Interested to know why you don’t have a wrap on Sexton, Bodie? I may be missing something.
    From what I have seen sexton is good but can be flustered and in the 2 weeks i have closely watched him his kicking options arent consistent yet. i wonder also how he would handle second receiver, tweed are playing to his strengths though and i am sure he will develop this season given he couldn't barely play last year with COVID

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    I have no issues with Sexton at all and am hopeful he will be a good first grader for us. It’s more a case that I’m all in for Weaver and see him as someone who’s going to be absolutely exceptional.

QLD Cup

Have you watched much of Weavers games Bods? I don’t know too much about him. I’ve seen a bit of Sexton however and really like the way he plays. To me, he plays very similar to Moses at the Eels. He could probably do with a few extra kg’s put on him before he debuts but if Fogarty went down tomorrow I’d be happy to see him have a run.

My question is though what has happened to Spry? Did he play QCup last weekend?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Have you watched much of Weavers games Bods? I don’t know too much about him. I’ve seen a bit of Sexton however and really like the way he plays. To me, he plays very similar to Moses at the Eels. He could probably do with a few extra kg’s put on him before he debuts but if Fogarty went down tomorrow I’d be happy to see him have a run.

As long as he’s put next to a good second rower I think he’ll be fine. Look at Sam Walker. I wasn’t that skinny when I was 15.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post

Nope. He's currently out of contention for selection at any level.

Inactive User

^^^^ oh boy

I am actually very worried about the season ahead knowing we still have results like what we saw on the weekend in us. I honestly thought that **** was behind us.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Form or behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Form or behaviour?
    I think it's very, very hard for Titans contracted players to play their way out of a QCup team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Injured or we don’t want to know ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Couldn’t agree more with you Bodsie about Weaver but he is a couple of years away. I think they will start to run him against men later this year. Fantastic talent. Has a real football brain.