Page 50 of 176 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 150 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I haven’t logged on in a long time but check the forum regularly and enjoy the posts.
    I’m very happy with the recruitment since Holbrook has arrived. I think we have done very well getting the most out of the lower paid players. Lisone, Clark, Don, Thompson, Herbert and especially Jolliffe. It’s these lower payed players that really make a team. All these players consistently performing has helped tino, Fifita and Brimson perform without as much pressure. Some of our “superstars” are able to have an off week because the rest step up. Also the only reason we can pay overs for Fifita and co is because the guys are filling in on the cheap. It’s great to dream about a rep player in every position but unless your the roosters it’s not possible.
    100% mate. From memory Thompson’s contract was reported as being around 150-200k/year. Can you believe that?

Broncos make rich offer to retain star winger Xavier Coates

The Broncos have reportedly stepped up their bid to retain Queensland State of Origin star Xavier Coates.

Coates is one of the club’s biggest names off-contract at the end of the 2021 season — but they are reportedly in a war with the Titans and Storm to secure his signature.

The Courier-Mail reports the Broncos have offered Coates a three-year, $1.5 million deal in response to a reported $1.7 million offer from the Titans.

The report indicates Coates will strongly consider a move to the Storm should Craig Bellamy choose to remain at the club beyond 2021.

According to the report, The Broncos are most nervous about retaining Coates and star centre Kotoni Staggs out of the host of star players out of contract this season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...1779fcd6b03a7d
    Psmitty

Hopefully this forces the Broncos to pay overs for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83
    Hi everyone,
    I haven’t logged on in a long time but check the forum regularly and enjoy the posts.
    I’m very happy with the recruitment since Holbrook has arrived. I think we have done very well getting the most out of the lower paid players. Lisone, Clark, Don, Thompson, Herbert and especially Jolliffe. It’s these lower payed players that really make a team. All these players consistently performing has helped tino, Fifita and Brimson perform without as much pressure. Some of our “superstars” are able to have an off week because the rest step up. Also the only reason we can pay overs for Fifita and co is because the guys are filling in on the cheap. It’s great to dream about a rep player in every position but unless your the roosters it’s not possible.
    I totally agree. I'm very proud of the direction of the club and coach, and how the players have responded. I'm proud and excited to see these unsung players perform and see their drive. It's a million miles from where we were a couple years ago. No superstar was going to save us.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Hopefully this forces the Broncos to pay overs for players.

I totally agree. I'm very proud of the direction of the club and coach, and how the players have responded. I'm proud and excited to see these unsung players perform and see their drive. It's a million miles from where we were a couple years ago. No superstar was going to save us.
    You know what? You are spot on! I'm a bit angry/tired and emotional right now...but you have nailed it with your assessment.

First Grader

I can’t copy and paste but the DT are saying Staggs is a raging hot favourite to sign with the Titans using Taylor’s money

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I can’t copy and paste but the DT are saying Staggs is a raging hot favourite to sign with the Titans using Taylor’s money
    Wtf please no. He’s not worth that much. I thought he had already re-signed with the Broncos anyway?

I'm torn.

From what I watched of Staggs playing in the 6 towards the end of last year...he looked really good. BUT...he was playing in a sh1t team.

Stuff it, this actually really hurts me to say, because I really, really wanted Ash to come good.....sign Staggs if we can.

Not a fan of Staggs myself.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'd rather Ash become super consistent, but how much more time do we give him?

Staggs is overpaid for a centre but if it is to pay half and he is as good as everyone is saying I can see the argument.

We already have 600k remaining plus Taylor money and some other stuff

Our off contract players for next year are:
    Tanah Boyd, Anthony Don, Darius Farmer, Patrick Herbert, Sam McIntyre, Tyrone Peachey, Jonus Pearson, Mitch Rein, Sam Stone, Ashley Taylor, Jai Whitbread

Players to resign:
    Don (he costs nothing)
    Boyd
    Farmer
    McIntyre
    Peachey (but not for too much)
    Herbert (maybe)

Some Off contract players who would be more than handy:
    Connor Watson
    Shaun Johnson
    Lachlan Lewis
    Mitchell Kenny
    Dale Finucane
    Kurt Capewell
    Xavier Coates
    Bunty Afoa
    Nation Brown
    Benji Marshall
    Dane Gagi
    Jordan Rapana
    Jaydn Su’a
    Jazz Tevaga
    Sam Walker
    Paul Turner
    Sean O’Sullivan
    Kurt Mann

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...67cef63c066834

SHOOSH

Outstanding centre Kotoni Staggs may have told Broncos teammates he’s staying in Brisbane but we’re told this is not actually the case. It’s more than likely he’s leaving and the Titans are raging hot favourites. They will be cashed up with the money they save on Ash Taylor’s $1 million contract which finishes this year

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...67cef63c066834

SHOOSH

Outstanding centre Kotoni Staggs may have told Broncos teammates he’s staying in Brisbane but we’re told this is not actually the case. It’s more than likely he’s leaving and the Titans are raging hot favourites. They will be cashed up with the money they save on Ash Taylor’s $1 million contract which finishes this year
    I swear I heard something similair with a certain Bronco last year and we all know how that turned out

- - - Updated - - -

It would be funny if broncos thought they were keeping Staggs so tried to raise Taylor’s money by giving him a decent contract and then we take Staggs from under their noses last second and they are stuck with overpaying Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I'd rather Ash become super consistent, but how much more time do we give him?
    Ash has been super consistent for a while now.
    He ran out of time last year.

First Grader

The titans could have some serious funds to splurge next year with 600k this year, Taylor 1 Million, Proctor 600k, Peachey 500k, Rein 300k?