Page 44 of 176 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by titansfanatic View Post
    watched last nights wolves game D Clark scored a try set up by other clark rest of the game he did not show any thing worth mentioning i would not swap mitch rein as he is improving every game under coach one of the best player he had a great game and his defence is spot on also titans Clark is a great backup
    just saying
    Hi, messaging from the UK - but a Hull FC fan. Please take Darryl Clark! He is a fantastic hooker. I would say he is in the top 2 with James Roby, and I don't think you'll find an English fan who doesn't think he is better than Josh Hodgson. He plays with intensity, strong in D, blistering pace, great on his feet, he would be your first choice, no doubt. Warrington were awful at the weekend, the fans can't wait to see Steve Price leave, so don't judge him on that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Irregs16 View Post
    Hi, messaging from the UK - but a Hull FC fan. Please take Darryl Clark! He is a fantastic hooker. I would say he is in the top 2 with James Roby, and I don't think you'll find an English fan who doesn't think he is better than Josh Hodgson. He plays with intensity, strong in D, blistering pace, great on his feet, he would be your first choice, no doubt. Warrington were awful at the weekend, the fans can't wait to see Steve Price leave, so don't judge him on that performance.
    Mate, fantastic post - thank you for taking the time to share your insight. Are Warrington a team that you think a player will stick around for? What is the general opinion on Justin Holbrook amongst SL fans?

Any news on the Staggs decision? He was meant to tell the Titans on Monday what his decision was.
    Psmitty

Great to have some UK knowledge on here, would be great to hear your take on any other in the Super League the Titans get linked too

Thank you so much for coming over and giving us some insight from the UK!

I'm quite a fan of the ESL and I like Hull FC too. Was tempted to by their alternate jersey this year. I still might!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Any news on the Staggs decision? He was meant to tell the Titans on Monday what his decision was.
    STAGGS TO STAY AT BRONCOS

The Broncos are reportedly set to secure the services of star centre Kotoni Staggs on a monster four-year-deal.

The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie reported the Broncos are in the box seat to beat out approaches from three NRL rivals to sign Staggs on a long-term extension.

“The mail I am getting is that he will stay at the Broncos,” Ritchie said on The Big Sports Breakfast.

“It is more likely now than unlikely. It will be a four-year-deal worth about $2.8 million, which is a huge contract for a centre.

“That is about $700,000 a year. There is a suggestion there might be an announcement later this week or early next week.

“He certainly could have potentially got more money in Sydney. He had been linked to Parramatta and the Bulldogs. Also the Gold Coast are still very keen on him.

“It would be a huge boost for the Broncos. They have had a few players leave and Brisbane need a PR kill. They need Staggs to stay and the suggestions are he will stay.”

The 22-year-old has scored 23 tries in 47 games for the Broncos since his debut in 2018.

Staggs has also represented his native Tonga and was considered a lock for an Origin debut last year before his season ending knee injury.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...456831b6f13a36

Rep Player

That would be a great outcome. Broncs overpay for a centre with defensive issues who will agitate to switch to the halves. Hopefully we swoop in and steal Coates now.

Happy for Kotoni to stay on that sort of money. Also happy for us not to overpay centres. Keep the powder dry and keep a spot ready to see what Jojo Fifita can do with it in a seasons time but until then just persist with Patty Herbert, Spry and Marzhew.

I also think there is some serious value in having the Donks overpay to keep some of these guys, pushing them closer to the cap and making any potential Brimson, Moe or Tino conversations run smoother when they eventually come knocking down their doors.

Xavier Coates on the other hand is a legitimate X-factor winger who would've been the real player to chase of all of them IMO.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Happy for Kotoni to stay on that sort of money. Also happy for us not to overpay centres. Keep the powder dry and keep a spot ready to see what Jojo Fifita can do with it in a seasons time but until then just persist with Patty Herbert, Spry and Marzhew.

I also think there is some serious value in having the Donks overpay to keep some of these guys, pushing them closer to the cap and making any potential Brimson, Moe or Tino conversations run smoother when they eventually come knocking down their doors.

Xavier Coates on the other hand is a legitimate X-factor winger who would've been the real player to chase of all of them IMO.
    Agree with every word of this

Any one for Moses Mbye or Dane Gagai? Seems like those two are coming available.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Any one for Moses Mbye or Dane Gagai? Seems like those two are coming available.
    Perhaps consider Gagai but not Mbye who I think is one of the most over rated players I have seen for the wage he is on. Seems a nice bloke but I think people have been waiting 6-7 years for him to be player we thought he might be one day.

Rep Player

No to both. Mbye because of ability, Gagai because of value.

Agree on no to both.

Would consider Gagai on a reduced deal but I don't see him accepting anything under 500k

Also happy for the Broncos to pay overs. They are going to get a lot of this with us and a new Brisbane club stealing their lunch.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I’m a big no to them all ... M’Bye was never able to develop as the 5/8 he was originally as he was forced into another package, Gagai is too rocks and diamonds for me. Happy for Staggs to stay at the ‘Ponies because he’s overpriced, not connected to the Coast, we can groom our own and I don’t want us to be known as feeding off the ‘Ponies pool.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.