Page 39 of 176 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 139 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Staggs would be a good get but he’s overvalued. I’d rather Coates as we will need to replace Don soon and also he’s a local lad. Gives us more money to throw at B Smith too.

Sounds like we'll have a million bucks to spare at the end of the season

I know a lot of people won't agree...but I'd love to get or develop an aggressive front rower. An AFB or JWH type would be awesome. Someone to up the agro with Tino!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I know a lot of people won't agree...but I'd love to get or develop an aggressive front rower. An AFB or JWH type would be awesome. Someone to up the agro with Tino!
    Lisone

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Lisone
    I really like Lisone! Would love to see him develop that mongrel/take no ****e attitude!

First Grader

Holbrook confirmed on NRL 360 that we’re talking to Staggs and Coates. What do we all think? Both would be great but I honestly hope we don’t sign Staggs, he’d be minimum 600k, isn’t a great defender and is coming off an ACL. I think it’s too much to spend on a centre, especially when Jojo sounds like he could be anything. Coates would be great for us but once again I think we’d have to pay at least 400k, which is too much on a winger when we don’t even know if our halves are good enough to mske us contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Holbrook confirmed on NRL 360 that we’re talking to Staggs and Coates. What do we all think? Both would be great but I honestly hope we don’t sign Staggs, he’d be minimum 600k, isn’t a great defender and is coming off an ACL. I think it’s too much to spend on a centre, especially when Jojo sounds like he could be anything. Coates would be great for us but once again I think we’d have to pay at least 400k, which is too much on a winger when we don’t even know if our halves are good enough to mske us contenders.
    I would take Staggs as we need a class centre, however I wouldn't pay 400k for any winger unless he was a super finisher and metre eater such as Sivo, Addo-Carr etc. Your comment about the halves is probably of greater importance but don't forget we have Ash coming off a million dollar contract so we will have plenty of cash to replace him and probably have a little left over. Also not forgetting hooker.
    I guess what I am saying is, get a class hooker and (probably) replace one of the halves before we concentrate on Staggs and others. Other than AJ, our spine remains the weak link.

The catch 22 is there are no realistic options to fix the issues in our spine (other than Reynolds and I don't see him leaving the bunnies) and these guys are off contract now. You either sign the talent available or you regret missing out is my view.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    The catch 22 is there are no realistic options to fix the issues in our spine (other than Reynolds and I don't see him leaving the bunnies) and these guys are off contract now. You either sign the talent available or you regret missing out is my view.
    Tend to agree here. As you say the options for a half (and a 9 until Melbourne ease their stance of B Smith) are really slim and there isn't much available that would be a genuine upgrade at this point. The club would have salary cap strategy/reserved allocation for when those players do become available.

We need to be having active conversations with any player that we can accommodate and that can improve our roster, if and when their management is seeking expressions of interest.

Rep Player

Agree with others that the spine remains the priority but I think a big body winger is a high priority too. I don’t think 500k for Coates is too much. In fact, I think it would be pretty good value. Far better than 700k for Staggs.

That said, we need to throw the kitchen sink at B Smith for 2022. Next priority after that is a running 5/8. Based on what I’ve seen so far I’d like to stick with Fogs as our long term 7. What I would give to get Cody Walker at our club...

I think Coates' aerial ability makes him a pretty unique specimen as a winger. Wait until the media find out (or read my comment and decide to write an article about it) that he's actually best mates with our own Toby Sexton.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I think Coates' aerial ability makes him a pretty unique specimen as a winger. Wait until the media find out (or read my comment and decide to write an article about it) that he's actually best mates with our own Toby Sexton.
    An absolute talent. Also noticed he has a PNG background. https://www.broncos.com.au/teams/tel...xavier-coates/

Agree with the comments above about paying overs for outside backs and that we need to nail down a hooker. I'm not fussed on Stagg.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Coates gets my vote too ... I have faith in both Kelly and Herbert (to a certain extent) with Spry coming on rather than Staggs on big money. I'm glad HS mentioned Sexton because of what little I've seen of him has impressed.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

At the very least make the Broncos pay more and ruin their cap just a little more. Fine either way.

I like the idea of Coates with Thompson on the wing, can actually get some decent kick returns in. Coates aerial ability will mean he's an upgrade on Don.

I like Staggs too, either way of we get 1 and broncos have to pay more to keep the other I will be happy.

Agreed we still need a hooker