Page 21 of 176 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Spry has extended for a further 2 years
    Fantastic news, still has a lot of development to do but definitely has the potential after seeing the later rounds in the season. Add that with Brian Kelly extension and I'm glad the club is future proofing themselves

Am I correct that this the same Treymain Spry extension the club announced in September?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Am I correct that this the same Treymain Spry extension the club announced in September?
    Yea Im sure this was already announced around the end of the season

First Grader

Don’t know but it was reported in yesterday’s Gold Coast Bulletin so I’d assume it was recent but who knows

Any positive media is great media ... I can’t help but comment on the desperation at the ‘Ponies to generate anything positive at all ... laugh loudly every day.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

You’re entirely correct re the forwards mate, but wouldn’t underestimate the role the 9 can play in dictating this. I think good forwards will become better forwards with certain hookers controlling that part of the game.

100% mate..differing opinions are what makes this place go round
    Absolutely. Every successful team has a quality spine, and the 9 is a huge part of that. These days, I reckon it goes a little further beyond the 1, 6, 7 and 9. I think the bench has to be full on. The bench has to be quality. Long gone are the days when a bench was made up of blokes that could "do the job".

The 14 thru 17 have to be able to add to the side when they come on. They need skill, power, aggression and that will to win.

Can't wait to see how we go next year. It's only a short off season...but it's dragging for me!!!

Also @Titanic...after reading the Titans news every morning...I like to meditate on the possibilities of our success next year. The deafening silence offered up by the bronco supporters up here is very helpful with that meditation. I Love it!!

Inactive User

So both Meninga and Mitchell have said we’ve had no discussions with CSmith.
    Do we believe them?

Brent Read has reported that Brandon Smith's preference is South East Queensland for 2022. Parents are relocating to Brisbane and brothers live there. Leaves the donkeys and us to fight it out.

Link:https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...eaad217b81af55

Read (who I think is the most reliable journo) also said Cam Smith is still a bit indecisive and theres a playing or coaching contract at the Titans waiting for him if he wants it.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by brennosboys17 View Post
    Brent Read has reported that Brandon Smith's preference is South East Queensland for 2022. Parents are relocating to Brisbane and brothers live there. Leaves the donkeys and us to fight it out.

Link:https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...eaad217b81af55
    You’d have to therefore conclude that the Drongoes are the front runners for BSmith.
    I just wonder whether we are still as Paul Kent said “heavily chasing Harry Grant”.

Rep Player

I think Brandon Smith to Titans in 2022 is a done deal, they're just nutting out the finer details now. I think the omission of the Titans from his manager's email was a genuine mistake and they were just doing due diligence in shopping him around to ensure he gets what he's worth. I can respect that and would expect it from any player of Smith's calibre in the same situation. Worst case, if Smith goes to Broncos, we get Turpin.

I suspect that Tino has been instrumental in our signing of Fifita and (presumed) signing of Smith. What great value he is for his reported 700k contract which many turned their noses up at before this season. He also strikes me as someone who has future leadership potential, even beyond our former warhorse Jai Arrow.

If we get Cam for 2021, it's just gravy. If not, we soldier on with Rein, who I think can do a respectable if not spectacular job. I am still optimistic that we will have Cam for 2021 because it makes no sense to release Peats otherwise. Particularly with the recent article suggesting that Tanah is no longer considered a hooker and has adjusted his training regime accordingly. Surely we don't run with Rein and Erin Clark as the only hookers on our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I think Brandon Smith to Titans in 2022 is a done deal, they're just nutting out the finer details now. I think the omission of the Titans from his manager's email was a genuine mistake and they were just doing due diligence in shopping him around to ensure he gets what he's worth. I can respect that and would expect it from any player of Smith's calibre in the same situation. Worst case, if Smith goes to Broncos, we get Turpin.

I suspect that Tino has been instrumental in our signing of Fifita and (presumed) signing of Smith. What great value he is for his reported 700k contract which many turned their noses up at before this season. He also strikes me as someone who has future leadership potential, even beyond our former warhorse Jai Arrow.

If we get Cam for 2021, it's just gravy. If not, we soldier on with Rein, who I think can do a respectable if not spectacular job. I am still optimistic that we will have Cam for 2021 because it makes no sense to release Peats otherwise. Particularly with the recent article suggesting that Tanah is no longer considered a hooker and has adjusted his training regime accordingly. Surely we don't run with Rein and Erin Clark as the only hookers on our roster.
    What makes you think we are just working out the finer details of b smith? Inside knowledge or a guess? The bulletin reporter already came out and said it was a little mistake we were off the list and was quickly fixed up.. be great if we had b smith next year or the year after but not getting my hopes up

Rep Player

No inside knowledge. Just extrapolating from what has been reported.

Inactive User

I think the club should tell the media it’s having a press conference about a huge addition to the club.....

And then roll out Brad Davis as the new assistant coach

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post

G'day Willhelm, where did you read that Tanah is no longer considered a hooker? I think he's a half, but I just read an article yesterday where Holbrook was quoted as saying he's happy with either Rein, Clark or Boyd in the 9.