Page 171 of 176 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2626
    Inactive User

Fantastic news. Definitely is part of the 5 year plan

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    You beauty
    Probably get picked at 9 ... lol
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Probably get picked at 9 ... lol
    Re-signing is the kiss of death, just ask Marzhew

JC just asking to be dropped next week

Jayden Campbell signs three-year contract extension with Gold Coast Titans[/B]

The Titans have closed the door on a bidding war with NRL rivals and a proposed fourth Queensland team for boom rookie Jayden Campbell after extending his deal at the Gold Coast.

Peter Badel
    and
    Travis Meyn
    The Titans have staved off poaching threats from NRL rivals, including a proposed fourth Queensland team, to secure boom utility back Jayden Campbell to an upgraded deal.

News Corp can reveal Campbell has inked a three-year extension to remain at the Titans until the end of 2024 in a coup for the Gold Coast before Thursday night’s crucial showdown with the Knights at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

The son of Titans legend Preston Campbell made his first-grade debut at the same venue against the Storm in June and he faced Melbourne again last week, impressing the premiers with a two-try haul in just his fourth NRL game.

The 21-year-old was contracted to the Titans until the end of next year, but with the NRL considering a second Brisbane team for entry in 2023 or 2024, Gold Coast hierarchy have emphatically closed the door on a bidding war for Campbell.

It is understood Campbell’s management fielded interest from rival clubs but the livewire fullback or five-eighth said he had no interest in quitting the Titans as he looks to uphold a Gold Coast family legacy.

“I have grown up on the Gold Coast since I was six years old, I’ve played all my footy here so I’m stoked to be staying at the club,” said Campbell, whose father Preston played 103 games as a foundation Titan.

“I feel like I have grown up around the club. I can see where the club is headed the next few years and the Titans have given a lot to me and my family.

“I want to give back to not only the club, but the community as well.

“I remember my dad in the Titans jumper and I always thought he had a cool job.

“For him to come through the Titans, they gave us a really good life up here, the Gold Coast is a beautiful part of the world.

“Growing up playing footy, I have always been loyal. I just love being a one-club person.

“In junior footy I played for the one club and I want to carry that on throughout my whole career. I love the Titans and was happy to do a new deal.

“Even if there was interest from other clubs, I don’t think I would have my heart in leaving because I love it at the Titans ... I feel it’s where I belong.”

The 77kg Campbell has all the attacking instincts and competitive fire of his father and showed he is one of the NRL’s rising stars with his sublime display against the Storm last week.

Campbell is hoping to cement a regular NRL berth next season under Titans coach Justin Holbrook, who lauded his attitude.

“It’s great news for the club,” Holbrook said.

“Obviously Preston (Campbell) is his dad and our club’s number one player, but Jayden has earned this (new contract) in his own right and shown in his four games of NRL what he is capable of.

“He’ll only get better over the next few years. It’s exciting to know that we’ve got a great local junior coming through who will be great for our club.”

In his four games at fullback for the Titans, Campbell has averaged 144 running metres per game, with two try assists, three tries and 19 tackle breaks.

Preston Campbell says he could not be prouder of his son’s rise to the NRL.

“You have to be tough and have a certain sort of strength to play rugby league. Jayden has got that,” he said.

“If you look at his physique, even though he’s trained really hard and is strong enough to play on the big stage, he’s still got a bit of work to do.

“He has worked really hard to condition his body.

“He has surprised a lot of people with his toughness.“

Wow Jayden Campbell is all class listening to some of the stuff he said, couldn't be more excited for an extension and he is everything we want to embody as a Titan moving now and into the future!

JC would've had huge interest. It's awesome to hear these local juniors speak with so much belief about the club and wanting to represent it. In years gone by this was never the case, and this year alone we've heard it from Brimson, Sexton, Marzhew and now JC (who all have a connection to the region and the club, and didn't put themselves in a position to test the market).

Credit has to be given for what is being developed at the club to have these guys wanting to stick around and build something.

Inactive User

The only way we win a Premiership is with Local Juniors or at the very least people from SE QLD and Northern NSW.
    The Superannuation blokes never will pay off for us.

Shallin Fuller done deal on development contract.

Lets see who reports it first. Odds are:

Meyn: $1.50
    Badel: $1.80
    Dominique Loudon: $2.10
    Darveniza: $5.00
    Mole: $9
    Fox Sports staff writer: $12

What are we taking lads
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 25-08-21 at 10:43 AM.

Inactive User

What are we taking lads
    The Mole

What are we taking lads
    DOMINIQUE LOUDON ODDS?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    DOMINIQUE LOUDON ODDS?
    Good point JB, i'll add her in. $2.10.

Isn't notorious for a scoop but has a bit of recent form

Good point JB, i'll add her in. $2.10.

Isn't notorious for a scoop but has a bit of recent form
    LOL depends who reads the forum first and you post HS, great news though

I’m picking Darveniza as he will read it here and write a generic story

Happy with the Fuller signing. I’m hoping Turner recovers because AJ/JC/Sexton/Fuller are all small bodies.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Dominique Loudon: $2.10

What are we taking lads

Travis Meyn & Pete Badel won't get the story off quick enough because they'll only have one hand each on their keyboards while they conjure up new adjectives to add to their annual Titans hit-piece.

Darveniza is a good shout once he figures out who Shallin Fuller is after refreshing the tab he has on your profile posts and sees this.

Mole is too busy bashing some random for criticising Jack De Belin.

Dom Loudon is good here but im going random Fox Sports Staff Writer @ $12 mate.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 25-08-21 at 11:27 AM.