Page 17 of 176 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Maybe I'm being a conspiracist but I'm not buying the "manager made a mistake and forgot to send us an email" story. So he remembers every single club except one? Sure....

Could it be that Brandon's manager knows that we have signed Cam Smith and therefore knows that we do not need a hooker. You'd think being involved with the club either he or Brandon know what Cam is doing so maybe they have the inside information that he's on his way to the GC.

Only guessing but there's gotta be more to it than a simple error
    Last edited by BundyTitan; 07-12-20 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Maybe I'm being a conspiracist but I'm not buying the "manager made a mistake and forgot to send us an email" story. So he remembers every single club except one? Sure....

Could it be that Brandon's manager knows that we have signed Cam Smith and therefore knows that we do not need a hooker. You'd think being involved with the club either he or Brandon know what Cam is doing so maybe they have the inside information that he's on his way to the GC.

Only guessing but there's gotta be more to it than a simple error
    I sort of agree with your theory. Surely if Cam Smith is retiring he would have announced it - don't tell me he doesn't know if he wants to play again. With the house purchase, kids in GC school etc things look pretty clear to me. Cam would be my third option out of the Storm hookers but he was still among the best players on Grand Final day and would offer us plenty - as long as his mind is right that it is not a retirement contract.

He'd be 2nd option for me. BSmith plus having to give the Storm a quality player... na

I think it would have to be between us and the tigers, but tigers do have young Simpkin they are blooding surely were the most attractive team to sign for with Tino and fifita here now and our promising end to the year

Hooker is the most scarce position in the NRL for a game-changing player and is the most important piece of our puzzle. I'm glad we're chasing him hard and we'd be silly not to.

I know exactly who I'd be offering to Melbourne in return as well.

Cam is a genius. He can control the game tempo. He can turn the heat up on the opposition, and he can slow the game down to give his players a rest if needed. He's level headed and inspiring to his teammates. He's a very smart, tough footballer.

Harry Grant is a game breaker in the truest sense. He is also a calm and calculating player that can play off the cuff/what's in front of him...or he can "see" a play forming in the next few tackles. He's tough, humble, footy smart and calm.

The Cheese is an emotional player that uses brute strength and bullheadedness to get results. He plays his best footy when his blood is up...but that can also be selfish footy. Angry footy usually amounts to penalties or injuries. He's tough, no doubt...but the opposition can get under his skin easily and he enjoys personal battles on the field.

I don't think it's hard to see why a coach of Craig Bellamy's calibre will...

1 - Give Cam all the time in the world to decide if he wants to go around again.

2 - Not let Harry Grant leave.

3 - Will let Brandon Smith go after 2021.

Would be happy with the Cheese. The club needs to fight like a dog and get this deal done preferably for next year. Make it happen club.
    Psmitty

I honestly think why we were left of the email list is that we have already done the deal with them and this is the only way they can break the news is saying he has been offered to all other clubs
    Fifita has said he wants B Smith to be here so with that and now this I think we have already done a swap seal with a player
    Peachy is my pick as a player to swap as he does add something to the Storms or we do have Wallace as well and storms have lost Tino maybe it a 2 for 1 offer lol as our forwards are a plenty this year
    My way of thinking we have a B Smith here for kick off in 2021

Might be why we singed Mcintyre from the tigers as I couldn't work out why we needed another backrower maybe it was to cover the mooted swap player oh got to love conspiracy theories

I've noticed as well that fox has reported B.smiths parents will be relocating to Brisbane next year from New Zealand. His two brothers live there also. Would put us or Brisbane in the box seat and seeing how the latter have gone I reckon he would prefer us playing behind a pack containing tino, mo and fifita.

Junior

on the subject of a good number 9 i would mention Cameron mcinnes not long to run on his contract(not sure when) extra starch in our defence would go a long way to help our backs also has a bit of footy brains and 50odd tackles a game not to bad and he is not a hot head like c smith
    titansfanatic

Inactive User

I don’t mind Rein/TBoyd as our hooker combo with Clark for injuries.
    Rein played some good footy last year.

I’m a bit surprised how much the forum has exploded over an email with us not in it.
    I’m not buying these theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I don’t mind Rein/TBoyd as our hooker combo with Clark for injuries.
    Rein played some good footy last year.

I’m a bit surprised how much the forum has exploded over an email with us not in it.
    I’m not buying these theories.
    What theories aren't you buying Bodsie?

Inactive User

1-CSmith is coming as a result of us not being on the email list
    2-we’ve already made a deal with the Salary Cap cheats for a swap for BSmith
    For the Cheese
    3-that Trump was cheated

Rep Player

Cameron 2021
    Brandon 2022
    Trump 2024