Page 158 of 176 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    $650k for me, local junior who has made good, would not set a good message for the team/community if he leaves.

I have no inside info but hard to see him leaving.

This would be my price as well.

- - - Updated - - -

On the Proctor extension , as the Club took the option up does the club get to decide on a price ? Or is it agreed upon as part of the contract previously signed ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    This would be my price as well.

- - - Updated - - -

On the Proctor extension , as the Club took the option up does the club get to decide on a price ? Or is it agreed upon as part of the contract previously signed ?
    I'd say they would've determined the amount when they activiated the extension because he had no other options except for SL. In general if a club had a fixed figure for a club-option that was above what they'd need to pay, they'd just re-negotiate the amount at the time anyway.

How good was Brandon Smith last night?

CT mentions Blake Austin in his own thread so I’m moving over here.
    Pretty sure it was debated here previously but I wonder how beneficial a Austin - Clark coup would actually be?

Bit of an older article
    https://www.zerotackle.com/former-ra...s-2021-104483/

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    $650k for me, local junior who has made good, would not set a good message for the team/community if he leaves.

I have no inside info but hard to see him leaving.
    Yeah I think thats fair, 650k would be max for me. He is young, has the potential to be one of the games best and a Gold Coast local. He's not worth elite money at this stage so hopefully he stays but if another team wants to open the chequebook then all the power to them

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    How good was Brandon Smith last night?
    So good. His asking price will be much higher after this season that it was 12 months ago.

This will be contentious but in recent times the general consensus when looking at Melbournes priority re-signings has always been that Grant > Smith. Is this still the case?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    So good. His asking price will be much higher after this season that it was 12 months ago.

This will be contentious but in recent times the general consensus when looking at Melbournes priority re-signings has always been that Grant > Smith. Is this still the case?
    I don't think Grant has had enough playtime to make a fair assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I don't think Grant has had enough playtime to make a fair assessment.
    Maybe not, but regardless they’re going to have to make an assessment very soon because November 1 is creeping up.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Yeah I think thats fair, 650k would be max for me. He is young, has the potential to be one of the games best and a Gold Coast local. He's not worth elite money at this stage so hopefully he stays but if another team wants to open the chequebook then all the power to them
    TBH pretty sure this is the type of culture we are trying to avoid with players trying to milk every cent and will only lead to same old same failure.
    So policy rule should be any players chasing top dollars and find willing replacements that want to build something special.
    Anything over 600k at this stage is overs for MO IMO so lets not get to sentimental (he’s not a match winner).

Rep Player

I think I'd be willing to go a bit higher than others for Mo. I see Tino as an 800k player and would put Mo around the 700k mark. This is contingent on Mo being our work horse and Tino the hitman and surrounding them with cheap toilers like Jolliffe and McIntyre.

This is all probably bull**** because I have no inside working knowledge of NRL roster management, but I base this on figures I've seen reported for other equivalent players.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    TBH pretty sure this is the type of culture we are trying to avoid with players trying to milk every cent and will only lead to same old same failure.
    So policy rule should be any players chasing top dollars and find willing replacements that want to build something special.
    Anything over 600k at this stage is overs for MO IMO so lets not get to sentimental (he’s not a match winner).
    Spot on

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Nothing Sentimental about it. Mo is worth building around at 21 when we are paying Peachy and Proctor around 600k. 650k for a long-term deal would be a steal if he continues to progress. Still averaging 145m a game this season. Still in the top 25 in the NRL for post contact metres even in a "down season". Mo is the exactly the kind of player we should be keeping especially when we are paying lesser players around the same. Any more though and at this stage it would be too much. I agree we cant be the club the pays overs anymore but I think there is also a risk/reward that would need to be calculated and Mo at that price would be low risk/high reward whereas say look what the sharks paid for Finucane (or us with Ese Ese)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I think I'd be willing to go a bit higher than others for Mo. I see Tino as an 800k player and would put Mo around the 700k mark. This is contingent on Mo being our work horse and Tino the hitman and surrounding them with cheap toilers like Jolliffe and McIntyre.

This is all probably bull**** because I have no inside working knowledge of NRL roster management, but I base this on figures I've seen reported for other equivalent players.
    Spot on mate. People forget Mo is also only 21. His best football years are ahead. Obviously 650k would be absolute max and not a cent more but I think if you are going on potential its worth it and there are lesser players on more
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 13-08-21 at 11:19 AM.

First Grader

I am under the impression the salary cap has been reduced, a 700k player now should be on 650ish or so. Hasn't the TV rights deal been reduced? I think clubs will be far more hesitant to throw money around like they did.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...60ef382916256b

It would be completely deflating to be facing another season of Pepsi at the expense of losing Mo. I’ll admit to being a fan of the move of Proctor into the middle rotation but only because it gets him out of clogging that now functioning right edge. Along with the Ese’ese disaster we have a few disfunctional pieces of our roster to address.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    It would be completely deflating to be facing another season of Pepsi at the expense of losing Mo. I’ll admit to being a fan of the move of Proctor into the middle rotation but only because it gets him out of clogging that now functioning right edge. Along with the Ese’ese disaster we have a few disfunctional pieces of our roster to address.
    It wouldn't be at the expense of Mo though as they play different positions and Pepsi is apparently on peanuts anyway.