Page 156 of 176 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Manu has played 5/8 and fullback this year for the roosters and has killed it in both positions, he's just a footballer he can play any position
    Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Agreed. He is one of a very few players that is world class in all positions from 1 to 6.
    I get why people are saying that getting a top 9 is a bigger priority BUT, we are very average in the 5/8 position and he would lift our team in both attack and defence.
    As stated above he is a class player in any back line position and there is no way we should not be trying to sign one of the most talented players that is potentially coming off contract. The board would be negligent if they didn't pursue him.

I wish we weren’t mentioned in the mix for Manu and snuck in under the radar which seems more like our way. I feel we pin too much hope on Sami … Don pound for pound was a better player and we now seem to have a pool emerging that are better. Pity about Spry too. I have good faith in our system.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

It sounds like it is the manager that has leaked that we are interested.
    Another that is off contract in 2022 is Dylan Brown at the Eels....

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    It sounds like it is the manager that has leaked that we are interested.
    Another that is off contract in 2022 is Dylan Brown at the Eels....
    That makes sense bc we're pretty tight lipped about recruitment

Dylan Brown doesn't do it for me personally. I feel like I'm in the minority on that but I see him as a good defensive half with not much in the kitbag

Hey guys does anyone have any update on how Vika Sikahele is going I seen that he is playing Burleigh 20s. Cole Geyer seems to have gone to the storm next year on a developmental deal. Any other 9s a prospect @mdrew
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Immortal

Vika Sikahele has been very very good for the Burleigh Colts side mate, probably their best in the weeks heading into the latest lock down. His contract expires at the end of this year and he is also Colts eligible in 2022.

Oskar Bryant is probably the best hooker prospect in the Titans Development Program and has played well for both PBC and Tweed Heads in the MM Cup.

Another PBC hooker in Tanu Nona is also Titans contracted and has really come on this season and is MM Cup eligible in 2022.

So we have a few very good hooking prospects in the JTS Program that are not too far away from coming to prominence outside the junior rugby league ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    Hey guys does anyone have any update on how Vika Sikahele is going I seen that he is playing Burleigh 20s. Cole Geyer seems to have gone to the storm next year on a developmental deal. Any other 9s a prospect @mdrew

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    Vaka has a fair way to go IMO, although he got limited opportunity with injury and COVID implications. He came over to be in the JTS system on a 1 year gig but don't know if it'll go any further. Hope he sticks around though, he can play, just needs more time in the Aus system even if it is just at Burleigh.

Yes Cole signed with Melbourne which is a huge miss by us IMO

Oskar Bryant is the 9 from PBC/Tweed MM going full-time with NRL next year on a development contract

mdrew will be able to elaborate further. He's got a few good prospects he can tell you about

EDIT - he's spoken!
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 11-08-21 at 05:20 PM.

Junior

Do you think if Ash performs well over the next 2 games we will offer him another contract?? I think we should resign him. As others have said on here he is the best available on the market at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Do you think if Ash performs well over the next 2 games we will offer him another contract?? I think we should resign him. As others have said on here he is the best available on the market at the moment
    I think if the Titans had interest in signing him he would have been offered a contract by now.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    When I first saw him come into grade I thought his long term position would be centre, but after seeing him fill in there and fail to defend anything sent his way, I have changed my mind. I don't think he will ever be more than an adequate winger.
    Yea I think origin might have completely shot his confidence hopefully he can get back to NRL level soon

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Yea I think origin might have completely shot his confidence hopefully he can get back to NRL level soon
    I don't think he was much at NRL level when he was picked for Origin - how he was picked is one of life's great mysteries.
    He was very average in hit ups considering his size and the much smaller Corey T and Greg Marzhew show him each week how it should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    I think as you said he is the best available on the market, but I dont think its worth using another roster space on another half. Maybe if one atleast went elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I don't think he was much at NRL level when he was picked for Origin - how he was picked is one of life's great mysteries.
    He was very average in hit ups considering his size and the much smaller Corey T and Greg Marzhew show him each week how it should be done.
    He couldn't even make the NRL squad for us and got picked out of pure necessity of injuries. The NRL and Origin world soon worked out why he isn't deserving of a jersey at any stage in the future, injuries or otherwise.

Our retention program i am happy with and who we have signed to come to the club next year. However I would like to see Dark comeback ( move Ese Ese on to make this happen ) and the most important part of that puzzle is a hooker. I wonder if Ryan Simpkins would like to come to the Coast ? I know he is signed with the Tigers for a bit but contracts change a lot now days. Also if Taylor stays on at $250k I would be happy with that gives us plenty of depth in the halves going forward.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Mo has rejected our initial extension offer. Time to sharpen the pencil