Page 15 of 176 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast
    First Grader

I posted this in a thread in reddit so ill copy paste it here.

I know hes not apart of this article but I honestly think ash Taylor is going to have the best season of his career next year (better than when he was 2nd in TA to Thurston).

Absolutely no pressure as everybody has bashed him for years to the point nobody expects him to be a superstar anymore.

He will have much more talent around him than he's ever had and with hopefully alot of go forward off our pack.

Jamal fogarty running the show so he isn't expected to direct the team. Most importantly hes been playing happy. That last 8 or 9 games he really started to seem happy, enjoying his football.

He still has the talent, it was the mental demons due to the pressure of expectation. Hes already said he will take a pay cut, as if he has come to terms with hes not worth the money he is paid. To me it seems like hes not playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders anymore.

Although I think Taylor improved last year I think he is still at best an average half. Lots talked positively about LG also but he is faded into nothing. I hope I am proved wrong but I think he is soft and makes far too many mistakes mixed with moments of good. I would like to see Boyd given a shot and Taylor moved on at the end of next year.
    Psmitty

This just my thinking only but Ash Taylor will have a great season but will sing with the broncos for 2022 season taking the MILF spot
    I have nothing to back this up its just a gut feeling
    I think we have his spot covered with Boyd and Sexton to be honest but would look at player like Sam Walker I think is coming off a contract and even L Lewis would give us some depth
    Hooker for me is the spot we lack have done sense Friend left I would be happy with a few off them I wanted harry grant before this year Block of cheese yeah bring him in that will make D Fifita happy but a true leader and plays every game at 100% is Cam Mcinnes
    Mcinnes is a true leader great passing both sides can put on 50 60 tackles a game and still run for 60 80 meter only 26 I think so has got some really good years left

Can w break his finger before he goes back to the Broncos.

If Ash has a break out season then it will be due to the contract he wants next. We sign Fogarty to take the pressure off, we sign a kicker to take the pressure off, we may as well play another half to really take the pressure off him.

Stand out season will be the Ferminator if he gets a run.

For the record I would like Taylor to stay. We haven't seen the best of him yet and his growth under Holbrook has been significant. I think herbert, if he locks down a spot will really add some emphasis to our backline. Likewise I think Pearson or spry will be playing regular first grade by the end of the year and don will purely be depth.

Inactive User

Any halves strategy contractually needs to be based around Tom Weaver being our 7 from 2023 onwards if not before. (Every chance he could even be the #7 in 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Any halves strategy contractually needs to be based around Tom Weaver being our 7 from 2023 onwards if not before. (Every chance he could even be the #7 in 2022)
    My pick is for Toby Sexton. Yet to see him play with the big boys, but for my money he has all the tools required to be a star halfback.

I'd have Weaver a fair bit ahead of Sexton in terms of where they were at at the same age. We're comparing potential with potential thought which means little in the big picture, especially for a half.

Keano Kini is another who i'll be watching with interest.

For what it’s worth I think the Chocolate mob put up a good argument for the electric elusive half in Luai ... I do feel Taylor has quite a bit more to offer and Fogarty is my favorite since Sezer, sorry HS that’s not you :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

GL is the player to watch for me. I reckon he’ll force his way into the squad mid season after demonstrating his try scoring ability via the QCup. I’m also a big fan of Spry. Both players have the raw talent and excitement that our outside backs have lacked since the Mead/Gordon days.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/gareth-...6-d7db142275d4

If this is true that Widdop will accept $300k per season because he wants to come back to Australia, I think it is definitely worth a look into at our clubs. If Jamal Fogarty goes down we can't replace him with our current roster, Widdop is not at the height of his career but is a great player

Would you drop Fogarty or Taylor for him? His too good to leave out

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Would you drop Fogarty or Taylor for him? His too good to leave out
    I would give Ash and Jamal first crack, but if they don't perform I would put him in without hesitation. If he does only want $300k it's definitely worth some depth in the halves

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/gareth-...6-d7db142275d4

If this is true that Widdop will accept $300k per season because he wants to come back to Australia, I think it is definitely worth a look into at our clubs. If Jamal Fogarty goes down we can't replace him with our current roster, Widdop is not at the height of his career but is a great player

I would use Boyd.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I would use Boyd.
    Ditto
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.