Page 135 of 176 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Getting Milford is the sort of rush of blood stupid signing that Garth would have done
    I doubt Milf would play under him

Anyone know how much we are offering to the Milf or how much the Milf wants?
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Anyone know how much we are offering to the Milf or how much the Milf wants?

I found this reference from an older article that would suggest 400K may be the going rate (I recon he would want 500K)

Garry reports that the club would have to pay around $700,000 of Bird’s salary if they are to offload his $975,000 deal, while they’ll have to chip in roughly $600,000 to get rid of Milford’s $1 million 2021 salary.

What ever it is just needs to be tied to performance because it works both ways as well you don’t wan’t a performing star thinking they’re undervalued or things won’t work out.

For a million everyone would say a big no to him but for $200,000 I think a lot would say yes he would be good for that price. I can't see him accepting $400,000 when he originally wanted $600k. I am not sure what dollar figure we need for it to be a good buy. Hollbrook has said previously they won't be paying overs for a player again so that does give me some confidence.
    Psmitty

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I found this reference from an older article that would suggest 400K may be the going rate (I recon he would want 500K)

Garry reports that the club would have to pay around $700,000 of Bird’s salary if they are to offload his $975,000 deal, while they’ll have to chip in roughly $600,000 to get rid of Milford’s $1 million 2021 salary.

What ever it is just needs to be tied to performance because it works both ways as well you don’t wan’t a performing star thinking they’re undervalued or things won’t work out.
    What was the date on that?

400k doesn't sound too far off but I'd be going for 350k for 1 year with club option for 2nd year. I think the fact that playing for us would enable him to stay close to family would be a big factor.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    For a million everyone would say a big no to him but for $200,000 I think a lot would say yes he would be good for that price. I can't see him accepting $400,000 when he originally wanted $600k. I am not sure what dollar figure we need for it to be a good buy. Hollbrook has said previously they won't be paying overs for a player again so that does give me some confidence.
    Yes I have a lot of confidence in Hurricane also even though I don't think he should be playing Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    What was the date on that?

400k doesn't sound too far off but I'd be going for 350k for 1 year with club option for 2nd year. I think the fact that playing for us would enable him to stay close to family would be a big factor.
    28/07/2020
    https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-lea...lers-c-1199203

Your on the right track wh but I think the option should lock him up longer

He has no contract to be propped up by the Broncos for next year so we would pay 100% of his contract we offer. THere are 5 games left for this year so this years salary cap would be very minimal and I doubt the Broncos would pay anything considering how much they're in the hole for getting rid of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    He has no contract to be propped up by the Broncos for next year so we would pay 100% of his contract we offer. THere are 5 games left for this year so this years salary cap would be very minimal and I doubt the Broncos would pay anything considering how much they're in the hole for getting rid of everyone else.
    What the hell are you talking about JB

ps. Sorry mate didn't mean to sound rude but I thought this was a given
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 28-07-21 at 04:57 PM.

Rep Player

He wasn't saying that the contract would be subsidised. He was citing the article to get an estimate of his value. At the time (July 2020), the Broncos were willing to subsidise 600k of his 1m contract, so his value was 400k. Given the lack of interest since and family ties in the region one would think he would now be closer to 300-350k for the Titans.

Rep Player

Around a 350k prove it deal for 1 year is all I’m comfortable with. Can’t pay overs for past glory as Milf has shown exactly zero this season so I don’t expect him to put on a Titans jersey and suddenly play out of his skin. Will be happy to be proven wrong but worst case you have a quality backup

Man this is perplexing. Swapping a down on confidence turd for another down on confidence turd. While we are screaming for a quality hooker. I do agree with the consensus that Milford has shown more than Taylor. I really liked Taylor, so much promise. But as the saying goes "you can't make strawberry jam out of pigsh*t." We tried pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    He wasn't saying that the contract would be subsidised. He was citing the article to get an estimate of his value. At the time (July 2020), the Broncos were willing to subsidise 600k of his 1m contract, so his value was 400k. Given the lack of interest since and family ties in the region one would think he would now be closer to 300-350k for the Titans.
    The way I read it was they are willing to pay him to go away at the end of last year. $400k being his going rate at the start of this season would mean that his going rate would be half that now as he has been woeful this year and isn't even playing in the NRL in a team near the bottom of the table.

NRL 360 talking about Souths talking to him or saying to him, keep us in mind. Please let him go there.

Roosters and Storm in multimillion-dollar tug of war for Brandon Smith

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...q-RAwI1uUyI9qA

What's plan B?

Roosters and Storm in multimillion-dollar tug of war for Brandon Smith

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...q-RAwI1uUyI9qA
    What's plan B?
    Get CS to train Clark to become the best he possible can (train any of our youger stock at the same time)