Page 134 of 176 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2626
    Rep Player

Good stuff lads

Inactive User

It’s looking more likely by the day. It’s terribly distressing.
    This cannot be happening but it seems like it is.

We might be only offering Milford 250k on a one year deal. If he wants to stay in Brisbane than it’s smart business to get Milford on a highly reduced deal. The fact that we apparently haven’t offered Reynolds and Hynes deals make me think that we are hoping our young halves and turner work out. If that’s the case than Milford would be low risk high reward to fill in.

Also does anyone know if marzew has signed for next year? He ran for around 200 meters last week and looked good.

Rep Player

While I rate Reynolds highly, he's a similar type of half to Fogarty and Sexton. Obviously he's a lot better than either of them, at least at this stage of Sexton's career, but he commands a lot more $$ and would've been a shorter term option. I know others have expressed disappointment if not outright incredulity at the fact we didn't chase Reynolds but what if we had got him on big $$ only for Sexton to leave? The coaching staff have seen a lot more of Sexton than we have and obviously rate him enough to upgrade him on a long term deal. 500 k/year is insane for a rookie. Potentially he could be a 10+ year halfback for us, so we need to find a complementary 5/8 for him. Milford has that skillset and if he comes cheap and Holbrook backs himself to coach him back to a decent standard then I say take the punt.

For every time someone says he has the skill set I'll say he hasn't shown it in 3-4 years. That is where my issues lie. He is going to go to a third of his wage possibly on a one year deal. This guy won't put his body on the line for us defensively as he will be worries about next years contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    It’s looking more likely by the day. It’s terribly distressing.
    This cannot be happening but it seems like it is.
    I’m obviously missing something here but what’s distressing about an opportunity of signing potentially one of the best 5/8 in the comp when considering we actually don’t have a 5/8. Don’t worry about price he will be well and truly unders.

Not sure I like the talk of him coming here for the rest of the year also. Wow this Taylor and Milf drama is like picking between a s**t sandwich or a poop pie.
    Psmitty

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Not sure I like the talk of him coming here for the rest of the year also. Wow this Taylor and Milf drama is like picking between a s**t sandwich or a poop pie.
    If he fails, we stick him in QCup and play Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Hopefully they are both in the side in-form and carving it up

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Then we have more cap space, top 30 players tied up in useless halfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Hahahahaha

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I’m obviously missing something here but what’s distressing about an opportunity of signing potentially one of the best 5/8 in the comp when considering we actually don’t have a 5/8. Don’t worry about price he will be well and truly unders.
    It’s distressing because he sucks and it might allow another club to swoop on one of our future halves who I know are fantastic.

Totally confused about what it means for 2021 stability of the team and for 2022 stability of cap … can he play 9 = lol
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

We got too many bloody halves on our books already and we don't need a fractured Milford here even on $250k per year. That 5/8 spot is open for Turner, Jayden Campbell, Tanah Boyd, Weaver, hell even AJ (throw in Sexton if some believe he compliments Fogarty - which I don't think he does). Milf is not worth the risk of losing one of our guys, it is very different if it was someone who was likely to bring us instant uplift for next year but this is just a gamble. I want to see Turner and JC fight for that 5/8 spot over the next 2 years, they both appear to be dynamic (JC needs to bulk up a little still).

We need a hooker, our secondary position should be a big bodied winger (plenty on the market atm) in case Marzhew or Thompson get injured, and could double up as potential centre cover.

No to Milford we don't need lack of confidence in our young ranks, bring in winners on and off the field to uplift our young guns.

I was just about to post my only worry about getting Milf right now was his recent knee operation but reading further into The Australian article BT posted it states he’s travelling pretty good by the sounds.

“Milford trained strongly at Red Hill on Tuesday and Brisbane football boss Ben Ikin said the Broncos would consider an immediate switch for the former Queensland Origin utility."

Inactive User

Getting Milford is the sort of rush of blood stupid signing that Garth would have done