Page 122 of 176 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 132 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Don't know if this has been previously discussed on here but wouldn't Lachlan Lewis make sense to add to our squad?
    No, not because of his silly little incident yesterday and therefore he'd fit right in but rather he goes hard and I think he's got real potential @ 5/8. (Qlder to boot and might just get the King on side…not sure how that helps but anyway.)
    I think we should sign him purely based on what he did to that grub Cody Walker, someone's needed to do it for a while. $1m a season

Don't know if this has been previously discussed on here but wouldn't Lachlan Lewis make sense to add to our squad?
    No, not because of his silly little incident yesterday and therefore he'd fit right in but rather he goes hard and I think he's got real potential @ 5/8. (Qlder to boot and might just get the King on side…not sure how that helps but anyway.)
    A big no from me

Yeah I don't see much in Lewis. Low skillset, plays slow and doesn't have a very high ceiling. Hard pass.

Have watched him in the hope that some of his uncle’s magic would evolve but I’m in the “no” corner too only because we so badly need a star 9 and no more mediocrity.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Don’t think Lewis would’ve ever played first grade if it weren’t for his name

Luke brooks is being shopped around to clubs, thoughts?

I’m feeling the method in Bod’s madness with his 5 year plan is really a great way to cope with the disappointment of our current squad. And sure apparently we are now going to better at developing our young talent but as others have eluded to on here we still need a present plan that enables competitiveness and keeps the standard moving in an upward trajectory (which I feel is definitely not happening at present). My personal view is that our halves have to lay this foundation and that is impossible within the current squad.

My thoughts on Lewis are he is just starting to mature into a solid 5/8 and more in the mould of a 5/8 that makes the players around him better. Not saying he is the silver bullet moving forward but maybe just the type this squad needs now?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Luke brooks is being shopped around to clubs, thoughts?
    Absolutely not

First Grader

I wish the Titans lock up Mo as 1 Nov is getting nearer with Broncos letting go 2 front rowers and the possibility of a new Brisbane team in 2023. Not sure the holdup when they extend Fogerty ffs

RAIDERS SNUB TAYLOR

Canberra turned down the chance to sign Ash Taylor on a cutprice deal as the $1million playmaker struggles to find a club for 2022.

Taylor is off contract this year and the Raiders would be a perfect fit given they lost George Williams, who returned home to England.

Sam Williams is set to sign a contract extension with the club, but Taylor won’t be linking up with the Green Machine any time soon.

“I think he was offered to the Raiders for around $300,000 and there wasn’t much interest,” Channel 9’s Danny Weidler told the Big Sports Breakfast.

“That’s quite a big tumble for a guy who was the next big thing at the Broncos, then he went to the Gold Coast on a $1million a year.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...3286c61f8e1778
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    RAIDERS SNUB TAYLOR

Canberra turned down the chance to sign Ash Taylor on a cutprice deal as the $1million playmaker struggles to find a club for 2022.

Taylor is off contract this year and the Raiders would be a perfect fit given they lost George Williams, who returned home to England.

Sam Williams is set to sign a contract extension with the club, but Taylor won’t be linking up with the Green Machine any time soon.

“I think he was offered to the Raiders for around $300,000 and there wasn’t much interest,” Channel 9’s Danny Weidler told the Big Sports Breakfast.

“That’s quite a big tumble for a guy who was the next big thing at the Broncos, then he went to the Gold Coast on a $1million a year.”

I feel for the guy! Mental health can be a killer.. but he didn’t come here on a mil, he signed that after a year of being here.. but whatever they wanna print.. wish the best for him.. maybe super league might be the go for him..

Can anyone post the story and spry on the gc bulletin?

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    RAIDERS SNUB TAYLOR

Explains why he went all-in to have a blinder against the Riaders

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Explains why he went all-in to have a blinder against the Riaders
    For mine the bar has been set so low for us that when a half gives a bit of early ball, makes a tackle or a kick come off a shin for a try assist in a game we should really say “gee that half is playing out of his skin”.

For mine the bar has been set so low for us that when a half gives a bit of early ball, makes a tackle or a kick come off a shin for a try assist in a game we should really say “gee that half is playing out of his skin”.
    I was moreso referring to his effort particularly on D but how good someone performs is always relative and by his standards he was very good.

Not $1mil good and nor does it undo any of the past but he still played his best game in quite some time. My point was just that it was timely given the opposition

Rep Player

Still unsure what Foges has done to get an extension this year but I understand why no one wants ash even at a cut price deal. He’s cooked. Look at the game against the eels. He goes missing, misses 10+ tackles and is cannot lead the pack. Then he fires that cut out bullet pass to put the winger over. There is glimpses of what he could of been but he’s done as far as NRL goes. Maybe a stint in the super league and a NRL swan song somewhere.

I hope to god the club knows what they have in Sexton and he is ready to go once the time comes or Turner turns out to be a steal as next year looks grim. 6,7,9. No more proctor or Sami. I’m praying the club is going to pull out a few aces soon otherwise what is the plan for 2022