Page 114 of 176 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry just read Nikorima is staying at Warriors so blow what I just said out of the water

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.zerotackle.com/warriors-...l-news-103799/
    That article was from May 1st so I think the more recent info and rumours would still stand so you maybe still correct. I would have thought if we did land him he would be taking Reins spot or the sub hooker role.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    That article was from May 1st so I think the more recent info and rumours would still stand so you maybe still correct. I would have thought if we did land him he would be taking Reins spot or the sub hooker role.
    I hope we get him now all the others seem taken. I was thinking he would go in to the halves but you are probably right in that he may be hooker. Truth is that he could take his pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Agree 100 per cent. The decisive decision making by fhis club is non existent. They have had 15 rounds to make a decision on Taylor and the others coming off contract and should know now what they are going to do.

This inaction in decision making puts next year and future years behind and we wonder why we fail to improve as a club
    That article in the Bulletin today about Taylor must have been a gee up. I recall reading alnost word for word articles about Taylor for the last couple of years. If they havent made their minds up about him by now then spare us. I am sure they have and it is just a case of keeping things going until seasons end.

You’re on the money MT. Holbrook plays a straight bat to the media whenever it comes to recruitment and rightly so…being too transparent is a media frenzy and messy disruption waiting to happen.

They’ve absolutely made the call on Taylor. The clubs recruitment and retention decisions not being woven through the papers is a good thing and shows stability internally without information leaking. I think this is being interpreted as inaction which is unfortunate because I really don’t think that’s the case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    You’re on the money MT. Holbrook plays a straight bat to the media whenever it comes to recruitment and rightly so…being too transparent is a media frenzy and messy disruption waiting to happen.

They’ve absolutely made the call on Taylor. The clubs recruitment and retention decisions not being woven through the papers is a good thing and shows stability internally without information leaking. I think this is being interpreted as inaction which is unfortunate because I really don’t think that’s the case at all.
    Yep and I have no trouble with the club doing it this way HS. The journos must love the transfer stuff as it saves them from going out and finding decent stories to write. This mid season transfer crap just lands in their laps, unfortunately to me just shows all that is wrong with our transfer system. With Ash, I just wonder when the doomsday call will arrive - they will do well to keep it quiet until the last round. I feel a bit for him as it seems that despite all the halves feeding frenzy, no one seems interested in him. Technically he has been on the market since last November.
    I just hope the Titans have the signings for the spine covered, because we are way short as things stand.

They’ve absolutely made the call on Taylor.
    Well this is baffling to me.
    Why the hell would we continue to play Taylor? I see zero benefit sticking with the guy already at his limitations and no upside to be had for anyone. (Unless that is...you mean we are keeping him?..heaven help us.)
    Sure Hurricane would like to think the session isn’t over and just maybe Taylor could come good but let me tell you Taylor @ 6 ain’t going to help ya old mate…or is it simply that he feels obligated to play Taylor because of his overbearing price tag? Doesn’t matter what way you look at it this is dumb business/football. (There must be more to this as it just doesn’t add up to me.)

As I’ve previously said Brimson should now be at 6 and Campbell @ fullback or Thompson.

I can definitely see the Peach appeal..but I’m really firmly in the camp that his defensive liability is a bigger problem than it seems because we’re more attuned to highlighting our easy-to-exploit defensive woes with our goal line D on the edges. The most important defensive stat in the 2021 game across 80 minutes of football - tackles won - he’s far too ineffective for a middle forward to do the fundamentals of his job and his diamond moments (which seem to exclusively be against weakened or poor teams) doesn’t do enough to excuse those negs and makes him an unreliable enough option if we want to compete with the top teams IMO.

He’s amazing for a few sets a game when we’re in good ball but I think we can still score points without him.

Got to give him and/or Holbrook credit though…Peach was playing deadset horrible before about halfway through last season and he’s improved dramatically.
    Agree with all this, no tears here if we don't re-sign Peachey...playing better than he was before Holbrook arrived but still an awful defender.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Well this is baffling to me.
    Why the hell would we continue to play Taylor? I see zero benefit sticking with the guy already at his limitations and no upside to be had for anyone. (Unless that is...you mean we are keeping him?..heaven help us.)
    Sure Hurricane would like to think the session isn’t over and just maybe Taylor could come good but let me tell you Taylor @ 6 ain’t going to help ya old mate…or is it simply that he feels obligated to play Taylor because of his overbearing price tag? Doesn’t matter what way you look at it this is dumb business/football. (There must be more to this as it just doesn’t add up to me.)

As I’ve previously said Brimson should now be at 6 and Campbell @ fullback or Thompson.
    I guess it's just that they still see him as the best option at 5/8 (which isn't that unpopular of an opinion as he isn't the worst of our problems). Brimson 6 and JC at 1 I'd love to see as well but I guess we don't really know whether that's going to be an improvement so I can understand the hesitation.

I think dropping someone just because they're not going to be here when you don't have a proven equivalent or better option has the potential to be dumb business/football in itself, but I can definitely see where you're coming from

Yes i see HS but the thing is for me…I'd take Sami at 5/8 over Taylor if you get my oxymoron drift. I just don't rate him on any level.

Saw this this morning. About St Helens after Proctor.

E03D6F9E-118B-4D11-9C92-0B5CDC8334BB.png
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

God I hope it’s true.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

Heard that last year too and we fell for it. He needs to go over there for a retirement contract. Hopefully his double on the weekend helps with the transition.

I think looking at his Instagram he has started a business with someone else and I thought he wanted to be a fire person. So he might not be likely to go OS.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know what the announcement is going to be today ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Anyone know what the announcement is going to be today ?
    No idea. This is the first I've heard about it.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Joliffe re-signed until end of 2024. Extending his current contract that expired end of 2022.

Inactive User

Year 2 of the 5 year plan coming along nicely aside from the signing of Liu.