Page 112 of 176 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 122 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2626
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I'm with you on this one JB, I'm more thinking we got enough decent forwards who can cover Tino in McIntyre, Mo, Peachey, Jolifee and now Liu. At the price he is on $700k and the fact he isn't committed to us long term (albeit his player options) i would definitely be entertaining a swap deal like Melbourne suggested with Brandon Smith to get him next year. Our team suddenly looks miles better especially in the spine, and we get a player who competes 100% on every play in attack and defence (our forwards could really follow him as a leader with moving up off the defensive line). But I know most will disagree believing Tino is our saviour and he might end up being that one day, but the day is not now and doesn't appear to be soon.
    He hasn’t quite shown it yet but I believe Tino will be a special player. I think he’s trying to do too much and carry the team on his back and it’s leading to high error and missed tackle rates. Once the other pieces of the team start to fall into place I reckon he’ll grow immensely. Getting toilers like Liu to do the dirty work is a step in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    you aren't funny and neither is your mate willhelm.

Anyway I've thrown them both on ignore now, should have done it earlier.

I didn't see that particular incident, but I just hope we didn't sign him for some stupid amount firstly because of his age and secondly because we don't know how he'd go outside of a good team like the Roosters. Those are my concerns.
    Mate, you're the biggest ****in sook that's ever graced this forum, an absolute punish to read, seriously, such a whinger jesus christ.

The funniest part is i've never spoke to, or know anything about willhelm lmao.

I’d bet the players as a group are pretty tight but the thing that worries me more than recruitment or structure or even defense is what happens behind the posts … those moments where teams can lift each other or adjust strategy or just plain “give a collective hoot” is where I think we lack leadership.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Neither Finuncane or Liu were 80 minute players in the middle last night so that tells me if the signing is true then we will be reshuffling the deck to allow for either of them to have spell which means moving, probably Tino, into the middle after he's already been playing FRF or 2RF as some seem to think he will be playing next year. It doesn't work. Liu played well, was sucking in the big ones but who doesn't. Didn't like the way he backs into tackles but seemed solid in defence.

Based on that game alone and not taking the try into consideration I'd say they were fairly even but if I had to give an award for the better player it would have been Finucane. Longer minutes, 1 less error, more metres from twice as many hit ups. But look at which team scored 46 points and which one scored zero.

Again, the age, for those saying the experience etc, what do you think the Roosters or Melbourne will be replacing them with? Aged, mature and captain like or someone younger who can last 80 (a cam Murray type).

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Neither Finuncane or Liu were 80 minute players in the middle last night so that tells me if the signing is true then we will be reshuffling the deck to allow for either of them to have spell which means moving, probably Tino, into the middle after he's already been playing FRF or 2RF as some seem to think he will be playing next year. It doesn't work. Liu played well, was sucking in the big ones but who doesn't. Didn't like the way he backs into tackles but seemed solid in defence.

Based on that game alone and not taking the try into consideration I'd say they were fairly even but if I had to give an award for the better player it would have been Finucane. Longer minutes, 1 less error, more metres from twice as many hit ups. But look at which team scored 46 points and which one scored zero.

Again, the age, for those saying the experience etc, what do you think the Roosters or Melbourne will be replacing them with? Aged, mature and captain like or someone younger who can last 80 (a cam Murray type).
    Hopefully one day we will have a Roosters- or Storm-like production line so we can replace a 30 year old Finucane with the newer 20 year old model but today we will have to settle for 30 year old 2 time premiership winner Isaac Liu.

On the topic of the Roosters, I know we’re collecting Fifitas but Suluka-Fifita is one I hope we steer well clear of. I was watching the game where Arrow baited him into dogshotting him in the back of the head, then last night the shoulder charge to the head on Munster. Both times he got binned he was shocked and incredulous. What a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

Fair summary but I think it’s worth adding that Liu would cost a fair bit less than Finucane as well

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Hopefully one day we will have a Roosters- or Storm-like production line so we can replace a 30 year old Finucane with the newer 20 year old model but today we will have to settle for 30 year old 2 time premiership winner Isaac Liu.

On the topic of the Roosters, I know we’re collecting Fifitas but Suluka-Fifita is one I hope we steer well clear of. I was watching the game where Arrow baited him into dogshotting him in the back of the head, then last night the shoulder charge to the head on Munster. Both times he got binned he was shocked and incredulous. What a moron.
    I’m hoping with our connection back with all the schools in the area we start getting that pipeline together which will pay dividends in the next few years. The trick I guess is remaining competitive until we don’t have to buy 3/4 of our squad.

Suluka-Fifita is a ********...all aggression and no brain.

I think we need to compare LIU to ESE'ESE as far as I know that is who is leaving
    I would rather LUI to be honest and most likely on less
    I also think Tino is better at 60min the 80 as the speed now days is to make anyone puff
    But Tino is middle forward not edge gets beaten out there you could play Tino for 25 min a start 1st half then last 25 mins 2nd half
    Rotate with Wallace 15 min each half with him would be enough
    Mofo for me would make a better lock /middle forward can play long min and has a low error count
    Jolliffe Lisone and Lui could rotate the last middle forward ad give Mofo a break if needed
    But does not really matter what we do in this department without a Hooker that can control it all
    I must say that Clark has got better but still long way off the NRL level
    I would get H LUKI from the Cowboys to replace Proctor has Pace size and can hurt you in a tackle and only 20 yeah sure need more expeirance but shi# you got to start somewhere to get it we have Stone and can shift Fifita to right side and play Fermor left as well so we do have option there there is another Cowboy I would get as well and we could maybe put him on a Development contract and that is Daejarn Asi looks good as a centre when I seen him Play

I've said it before and I'll say it again (you've got to back yourself lol) Kobe Hetherington would be great value for money. Excellent defender, would tighten up the ruck...and he plays hooker as well as he plays lock (probably even better, all his junior footy and a lot of Q-cup was in the 9 jersey) He's off contract with the broncos this year.

He's young, competitive, versatile, solid defender, has an excellent passing game and loves the grind. Trouble is...Ikin is probably smart enough to sign him. Mal should shout Kobe's dad a beer and have a yarn about next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Fair summary but I think it’s worth adding that Liu would cost a fair bit less than Finucane as well
    We all wish we could have the Toyota but can only afford the Kia.

Just-a-Fan, if its a swap for Ese-Ese then great swap, 100%. If it's a swap for Peachey I'm not so sure. Will be cheaper but one has more km's and less features.

JB what sort of vehicle would you describe Phil Sami as

Rep Player

Sami is a Lime Scooter

In defence...Sami looks like he's riding a unicycle that somehow or other needs a wheel alignment.

I do like the scooter comment because no one wants to be seen riding one but that analogy has been used, so I'm going to say a used prius that was a taxi. Passenger and side airbags have been disconnected so anyone near him is in a world of hurt.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again (you've got to back yourself lol) Kobe Hetherington would be great value for money. Excellent defender, would tighten up the ruck...and he plays hooker as well as he plays lock (probably even better, all his junior footy and a lot of Q-cup was in the 9 jersey) He's off contract with the broncos this year.

He's young, competitive, versatile, solid defender, has an excellent passing game and loves the grind. Trouble is...Ikin is probably smart enough to sign him. Mal should shout Kobe's dad a beer and have a yarn about next year.
    I thought he had signed with the Bulldogs but may just be a rumour

- - - Updated - - -

Sami is a car with no airbags that has a top speed of 10km an hour and busted steering so it only drives sideways