Page 107 of 176 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2626

Big fan of Liu. Underrated player because of who else is on his team sheet at the roosters.

Would be a great get.

Like this is if we can make this happen. Solid middle who Roosters play at 13 when Radley is out and Prop otherwise. Wondering where we see him. Bye bye Ese Ese if this happens.��

No one worried that a 30 year old won't keep up with the pace of the game which is a lot of our problem already?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    No one worried that a 30 year old won't keep up with the pace of the game which is a lot of our problem already?
    Finucane is 29 yet most of us want him.

Liu would be fantastic especially as I doubt he would be on huge coin. Give us an experienced, hard forward who will get through the dirty work every week.

Don't even know why we are considering another forward in Liu, we have enough middle forwards we have a lot bigger issues at hooker and 5/8 where we desperately need players. Why don't we just copy broncos and spend our whole salary cap on the forward pack hmmmm

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Don't even know why we are considering another forward in Liu, we have enough middle forwards we have a lot bigger issues at hooker and 5/8 where we desperately need players. Why don't we just copy broncos and spend our whole salary cap on the forward pack hmmmm
    Probably replacing Ese’ese if the rumours are true about the Cowboys wanting him.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I am, that's why I haven't said anything on Finucane. James Tamou was touted as a great signing by the Tigers who'd bring toughness and great leadership qualities to their forward pack...the bloke can barely get half a game. Finucane is a great leader no doubt but has a shady injury history and isn't young anymore. Easy pass from me.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 28-06-21 at 03:19 PM.

Rep Player

Seems a bit of a sideways step and not a fan of 3 years for a 30 year old prop. Even if Ese Ese leaves we still have Joliffe and Lisone already on the books I just think we have bigger needs elsewere and is he better than those 2? For the right money I guess. 6,7,9, Proctors replacement and a blistering pace strike centre/winger who can tackle are the more pressing needs.

Tbf, Tamou is 3 years older and a much different player. I think even when he signed with the Tigers it was generally accepted he wasn't great on the field anymore but brought leadership and experience. I think he's a prime example of a player that doesn't adapt well to the new rules.

Liu is more athletic, better laterally, good at winning the ruck and generally very efficient in the middle. Finucane similar. Both are performing well under the new rules. I just hope we aren't going over the top with $$. Given his age, three years seems a bit excessive too if I'm being critical.

My take is that we quite clearly make some poor decisions defensively (or are working in a terrible system) to let points in on the line, but we also spend a lot of time letting teams roll into our 20 because we're losing the ruck in the middle. Tino isn't very efficient defensively, Wallace is sloppy, and Peachey/Rein get carried. I've mentioned it before but I really think it's a key part of our roster we're missing. Worst team at the comp at grinding against momentum.

I do agree that a 9 is the priority though. On both sides of the ball. Unfortunatley there is simply no one available.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 28-06-21 at 04:14 PM.

I think our 9 's will be Clark and Nikorima as our 14 next year. Just a guess, but everyone else is tied up.

We don't want to become a retirement village for aging, experience because we have a supposed young immature pack. KP is 32, Myles was 103, Boyd (well that was just a bad signing fullstop), Zeb Taia, Pettybourne would have been in his 30's, did Shillington retire before playing a game, I can't remember? Probably others and the game is a lot faster now but we are still looking for "experience". Anyway, it is what it is. Club will do what it thinks is right. If we don't re-sign KP then I'll be happier, but if we do then I dunno wtf is going on anymore.

Rep Player

Nah JB, Shillo the Pillow played.

I see we have signed Aston Bai as a development player according to the mole.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I see we have signed Aston Bai as a development player according to the mole.
    He's been with us for ages...part of our JTS system.

Edit: apologies it’s his brother Cooper Bai that’s been with us for a while now. Didn’t even know Aston was signed tbh. In fact I’m sure he isn’t?
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 29-06-21 at 11:05 AM.

SON OF STORM CULT HERO SIGNS WITH TITANS
    The son of former Storm cult hero Marcus Bai has signed to play with the Titans next season.

A rangy 16-year-old lock, Aston Bai captained Marymount College to win the Gold Coast Titans Schools Cup last weekend.

The Titans have had their eye on the youngster for some time and have signed him in their pathways program as a development player.

Dad Marcus is still a legendary figure in Melbourne, where he played nearly 150 games for the Storm, scoring many spectacular tries.

But the PNG Test star also began his top grade career on the Gold Coast, playing one season with the then Chargers before being snapped up by the Storm.

- - - Updated - - -

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mole-penrith-panthers-viliame-kikau-newcastle-knights-brodie-jones-gold-coast-titans-aston-bai/322f8277-1d94-4519-b314-8f305dd96615