Page 102 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2626

we might aswell bring back zilly on a 5 year deal let campbell and aj go and re sign proctor. im sure 15 other clubs were witing till 1st of november to poach fogarty from us

I am absolutely stunned. I cannot fathom the need or sense in signing Fogarty to an extension for the 2023 season. I have followed the advice of others on this forum and watched replays of our recent games and they clearly show the deficiencies of Fogarty in most aspects of the game including attack, defence and kicking. It suggests to me that there is some question around the ability of Sexton to make it at NRL level. We know Weaver is a couple of years off but Sexton must be ready to step up next year. He will have played a full year of ISC against men and developed his areas of deficiency. When you look at his contemporaries in the Australian and NZ schoolboys teams of 2019, quite a number have made their NRL debuts. So, in my view, Sexton is considered a risk for first grade in the next couple of years or they consider Fogarty such a vital part of the future success, it was necessary to wrap him up now. As I said in a previous post, I have only attended 2 Tweed games this year and each time Sexton exhibited the skills and control you would want to see from your No.7.
    Also, after HS mentioned Shallin Fuller as a potential half for the future, I took a keen interest in watching him come off the bench against PNG last week. What a debut. One brilliant solo try and two try assists in just over twenty minutes of football. I look forward to watching him develop.
    But I come back to the extension of Fogarty. It seems as though he will be the captain and game manager moving forward…and I suppose we can see KP extended soon. Maybe I am seeing this all wrong but can someone tell me what other NRL side would have Fogarty as their regular half?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    we might aswell bring back zilly on a 5 year deal let campbell and aj go and re sign proctor. im sure 15 other clubs were witing till 1st of november to poach fogarty from us
    Yep. That is the whole point. He was with us next year anyway, he is not a top class half and is barely NRL standard so why tie him up when no other club is going to poach him. Do we really want Fogerty to be the one providing guidance for our young up and coming halves with bad positional play in defence and running sideways in attack instead of learning to straightening the attack to hold the oppositions defensive line to create the overlap. An Adam Reynolds or a Nicho Hynes was what we needed to show the young halves the right lines to run and to get into the top 8 instead of battling for the spoon with a sh!t spine.

The bottom teams are all making moves to improve their sides, the Titans sign a 20 year old 5/8 which brings us 6 halves, a centre who is playing reserve grade and a half who is barely NRL standard.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 24-06-21 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Canterbury- Josh Addo Carr, Matt Burton, Brent Naden
    Drongoes- Adam Reynolds, Brenko Lee and there will be much more to come with their cleanout
    I don't think these examples really support your argument tbh and I wouldn't confuse media noise with actual progressive roster movement. Canterbury allocating so much cap to outside backs is terrible roster management. Brisbane having an exodus of young talent and replacing it with a 30 year old half's retirement fund and Brenko Lee (I mean come on) isn't exactly impressive either. Activity =/= progression.

I've made it pretty clear I don't rate Fogarty but strangely I'm not that bothered if he's been extended and share a similar perspective to Token, Bods & NZT. He's on a low-end salary and is one of the best in the club for leadership, setting high standards at training, off the field conduct, community engagement...sheesh he's pretty much top tier in everything except for what matters on the field. That stuff is pretty fundamental when weve got 4 halves under the age of 22 for next year.

In saying that, I don't think an extension means he's guaranteed to be the 7 for 2022 and 2023 or else that extension would've been longer. It's a cost-effective way to have an option available who fits the culture that the club is trying to build. His performances have been sub-par and he's not going to imrpove a whole lot so I'd almost bet that the club is praying any of the younger brigade show they can take the jersey away from him. The low-cost salary keeps us agile in the market as well if the right player comes up. It's a stability re-signing.

Rep Player

He could potentially be our Sam Williams: a low-cost backup half who’s good to have around the club from a culture/leadership perspective but not in the first 17. That said, he’ll probably be first picked.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    He could potentially be our Sam Williams: a low-cost backup half who’s good to have around the club from a culture/leadership perspective but not in the first 17. That said, he’ll probably be first picked.
    yea thats exactly who he is but even Canberra know that hes not their long term half. i dont hate fogarty hes a solid kinda experienced half who like others have said hes perfect for off field morale and leadership but worry knowing our club he will be another zilly given a free pass into the nrl team regardless of how bad he plays while other young talent leaves and every club improves but us.

Inactive User

I just expect that when the time is right he will drift off back to Burleigh and be a great Back up 1/2 or 5/8 to the outstanding young first grade duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I just expect that when the time is right he will drift off back to Burleigh and be a great Back up 1/2 or 5/8 to the outstanding young first grade duo.
    This is where my thoughts fall. There must be a plan in place as we only extended him for a year. The plan might be to develop Boyd , Sexton and Weaver over that next two years. I’m ok with extending Fog for the year on hope that we are going to develop those 3 and we have that lad from the Warriors to add to the halves scramble. I trust this process.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Sport Confidential:
    Broncos close in on Kurt Capewell as Titans and Bulldogs circle Tevita Pangai Jnr

YES PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    This is where my thoughts fall. There must be a plan in place as we only extended him for a year. The plan might be to develop Boyd , Sexton and Weaver over that next two years. I’m ok with extending Fog for the year on hope that we are going to develop those 3 and we have that lad from the Warriors to add to the halves scramble. I trust this process.
    I don't have a problem extending Fogarty if it is on a low cost contract, although as others have said, why so early.
    As for developing Boyd, Sexton and Weaver - perhaps the last two but I have seen enough of Boyd to satisfy me that he will not reach a decent NRL standard. Waiting and hoping that Sexton and Weaver will make it is not acceptable to me as if they don't then we have just wasted seasons. Sorry Bods, but 5 year plans are for losers. I think Gus's 5 year plan at Penrith is now in to the 8th year. Looking great now, but 8 years is too long to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Sport Confidential:
    Broncos close in on Kurt Capewell as Titans and Bulldogs circle Tevita Pangai Jnr

YES PLEASE
    I don't know about TPJ honestly. Plays with a lot of heart and passion, something we need at this club but boy is his discipline poor. Just not the sharpest tool in the shed unfortunately. Still, he's a far better player than Proctor, Stone and Fermor.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 24-06-21 at 08:03 PM.

Rep Player

Pangai? You’ve gotta be kidding me. We need a leader, not another loose cannon. I thought Pangai was off to the Tigers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Pangai? You’ve gotta be kidding me. We need a leader, not another loose cannon. I thought Pangai was off to the Tigers anyway.
    Yeah he's had his issues but the bloke was far from Brisbane's worst in recent months. Discipline and consistency are his biggest issues and unfortunately I doubt this club would be able to fix that.

Inactive User

If we signed TPJ then we’d have to get rid of Peachey.
    I don’t think I like that.

My wish list Finucane, Smith and Maloney/Johnson
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.