Page 101 of 176 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2626
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    We need to move on Proctor and Peachy this year who are both off contract. Stone and Fermor are back up at best and we need to get some quality. Finucane is off contract and would bring the professionalism, is a strong leader, and has the desire to compete which we need desperately.
    Out of all the off contract players on the market, Finucane would be my top priority. We desperately need leaders.

Can’t agree with letting Peachey go though. He has been one of our best this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Out of all the off contract players on the market, Finucane would be my top priority. We desperately need leaders.

Can’t agree with letting Peachey go though. He has been one of our best this year.
    Don't disagree but I will keep saying it until I am blue in the face - we need a hooker and at least one half before we worry about other positions. We signed two of the best forwards on the off season but they are being wasted as we have no creativity to get them going.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Don't disagree but I will keep saying it until I am blue in the face - we need a hooker and at least one half before we worry about other positions. We signed two of the best forwards on the off season but they are being wasted as we have no creativity to get them going.
    With you MT

That last sentence is spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Dymock is the only one I’d consider boning right now.
    I'm actually not sure he's a bottom mate, but an interesting choice nonetheless, I'm a Lenihan guy personally of the 3.

First Grader

Fogerty has got a 12 months extension to 2023. FMD

Fogerty has got a 12 months extension to 2023. FMD
    Jamal Fogarty secures new deal at Gold Coast Titans, Ash Taylor fighting for his future
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

Ash Taylor’s future is at the crossroads after the Titans handed halfback Jamal Fogarty a contract extension on the Gold Coast.

The Titans have shown their faith in Jamal Fogarty by handing the halfback a 12-month extension, leaving $1 million scrumbase partner Ash Taylor fighting for his NRL career at the Gold Coast.

News Corp can reveal Fogarty, who was already contracted until the end of 2022, has agreed to terms on a one-year upgrade, ensuring the Titans co-captain will remain at Parkwood for the 2023 season.

But the retention of Fogarty could have dire repercussions for his five-eighth partner Taylor, who remains off-contract and is in danger of being squeezed out as money runs out under the Titans’ salary cap.

Just 15 months ago, Fogarty was on a train-and-trial contract but the former Burleigh Bears playmaker has made outstanding progress, becoming the Titans’ first-choice halfback and ascending to the co-captaincy.

Now Titans coach Justin Holbrook is backing Fogarty for the future, handing the 27-year-old an extended term at the Gold Coast scrumbase in the club’s quest to become a premiership force.

Fogarty’s career was at the crossroads two years ago after he struggled to break through during a stint in Sydney at Parramatta but the Indigenous playmaker has made the most of his return to the Titans club with whom he debuted in 2017.

A former social worker, Fogarty has now amassed 35 NRL games for the Titans and is determined to be a pivotal figure in turning the Titans into a consistent finals team.

“It’s been a crazy 12 months for me,” Fogarty told News Corp last month.

“I had an awesome job with youth justice and I was actually content with what I had at Burleigh.

“Then the Titans called me for a meeting and I thought this is definitely my last chance to crack the NRL, so I’m not going to pass it up.

“At the start of last year, I had only done three training sessions and I’d signed a development deal at 26.

“I said to them if you can meet my working wage, I will join the Titans.

“I knew if I could rip in and bump myself into the top 17 somehow, I might be able to finally make it.

“The time away from the NRL gave me perspective.”

While Fogarty is on the rise at the Titans, Taylor could be headed for a painful fall.

The former Broncos playmaker was the club’s next big thing when he signed a $1 million-a-season in 2017, but since signing the mega deal, Taylor has failed to live up to his potential at the Coast.

The Titans have yet to offer Taylor a new deal and with promising playmaker Toby Sexton coming through the ranks, the 26-year-old could be headed for the exits.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

hahaha what

Well that'll do me, club must be looking at a different game to all of us

Inactive User

It fits in with my belief we are in year 2 of a 5 year plan. Fogs is a low money half that is a conduit and mentor to bringing through Sexton/Weaver to be fully unleashed in years 4 and 5.

First Grader

There was no need to extend his contract for a further 12 months. He was already under contract for next year so why the rush as it is not that he is in demand from any club. They could have bided their time and wait till next year to see where the club is at or what is available.

It ties our hands for a further 12 months which there was no need to.

Our roster management continues to be amateur whilst other clubs in the same predicament are aggressive in the market place to improve their squads

There was no need to extend his contract for a further 12 months. He was already under contract for next year so why the rush as it is not that he is in demand from any club. They could have bided their time and wait till next year to see where the club is at or what is available.

Our roster management continues to be amateur whilst other clubs in the same predicament are aggressive in the market place to improve their squads
    We don’t know if it’s a fully paid twelve months or a budget deal. Given he was on 80k a year 12 months ago I’d hazard it’s most likely a cheap ( in relative terms) 200k or so contract to give us depth while we train weaver sexton and boyd. Boyd is a 5/8, sexton and weaver are halfbacks. Sexton is raw in cup but has developed a controlling mentality and a defensive mindset with tweed. Weaver is 2-3 years away from debuting, he only just finished a successful Mal Meninga cup campaign with tweed. Next year he’s due for colts or cup depending on how his development goes for the rest of this year in school cup and local a grade

I get we all had high hopes with the Fifita signing. But the hayne fiasco of 2016 should remind us all a team is built holistically and we need more than 6 months together to build proper teamwork and combinations. Also if the rules could stop changing every 3 months that would be a big help too

Sorry, which teams are the ones in similar predicaments to us that are constantly upgrading their squads?.

I'll try put my bias aside for a second here but if I'm going to be honest, the Titans are one of, if not the most aggressive in terms of roster movements over the past 12-18 months. It hasn't translated to on-field success yet, sure, but I will absolutely not agree with anyone who has truly kept an eye on what the roster looked like in 2019/2020 to now and has arrived at the conclusion that we are not an aggressive entity in the market place on all recruitment, retention & releases fronts. If it were true that the Titans have decided now would be a good time to sit on their hands (they haven't), even then, a 12-month extension for Fogarty likely wouldn't push us off into salary cap abyss anyway.

I'm not an overboard Fogarty guy or anything for the record, I think he's.. okay?, I'm just not going to lose sleep over an extension of a guy who may be on 400K a year.

I'm kind of happy where the list is at, it's clear the issues with this team are deeper than how poor our hooker rotation is, but for the most part other than the obvious 9,7,6, I think the shell of a successful squad is there.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 23-06-21 at 11:46 PM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Sorry, which teams are the ones in similar predicaments to us that are constantly upgrading their squads?.

I'll try put my bias aside for a second here but if I'm going to be honest, the Titans are one of, if not the most aggressive in terms of roster movements over the past 12-18 months. It hasn't translated to on-field success yet, sure, but I will absolutely not agree with anyone who has truly kept an eye on what the roster looked like in 2019/2020 to now and has arrived at the conclusion that we are not an aggressive entity in the market place on all recruitment, retention & releases fronts. If it were true that the Titans have decided now would be a good time to sit on their hands (they haven't), even then, a 12-month extension for Fogarty likely wouldn't push us off into salary cap abyss anyway.

I'm not an overboard Fogarty guy or anything for the record, I think he's.. okay?, I'm just not going to lose sleep over an extension of a guy who may be on 400K a year.

I'm kind of happy where the list is at, it's clear the issues with this team are deeper than how poor our hooker rotation is, but for the most part other than the obvious 9,7,6, I think the shell of a successful squad is there.
    Canterbury- Josh Addo Carr, Matt Burton, Brent Naden
    Drongoes- Adam Reynolds, Brenko Lee and there will be much more to come with their cleanout

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Jamal Fogarty secures new deal at Gold Coast Titans, Ash Taylor fighting for his future
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

Ash Taylor’s future is at the crossroads after the Titans handed halfback Jamal Fogarty a contract extension on the Gold Coast.

The Titans have shown their faith in Jamal Fogarty by handing the halfback a 12-month extension, leaving $1 million scrumbase partner Ash Taylor fighting for his NRL career at the Gold Coast.

News Corp can reveal Fogarty, who was already contracted until the end of 2022, has agreed to terms on a one-year upgrade, ensuring the Titans co-captain will remain at Parkwood for the 2023 season.

But the retention of Fogarty could have dire repercussions for his five-eighth partner Taylor, who remains off-contract and is in danger of being squeezed out as money runs out under the Titans’ salary cap.

Just 15 months ago, Fogarty was on a train-and-trial contract but the former Burleigh Bears playmaker has made outstanding progress, becoming the Titans’ first-choice halfback and ascending to the co-captaincy.

Now Titans coach Justin Holbrook is backing Fogarty for the future, handing the 27-year-old an extended term at the Gold Coast scrumbase in the club’s quest to become a premiership force.

Fogarty’s career was at the crossroads two years ago after he struggled to break through during a stint in Sydney at Parramatta but the Indigenous playmaker has made the most of his return to the Titans club with whom he debuted in 2017.

A former social worker, Fogarty has now amassed 35 NRL games for the Titans and is determined to be a pivotal figure in turning the Titans into a consistent finals team.

“It’s been a crazy 12 months for me,” Fogarty told News Corp last month.

“I had an awesome job with youth justice and I was actually content with what I had at Burleigh.

“Then the Titans called me for a meeting and I thought this is definitely my last chance to crack the NRL, so I’m not going to pass it up.

“At the start of last year, I had only done three training sessions and I’d signed a development deal at 26.

“I said to them if you can meet my working wage, I will join the Titans.

“I knew if I could rip in and bump myself into the top 17 somehow, I might be able to finally make it.

“The time away from the NRL gave me perspective.”

While Fogarty is on the rise at the Titans, Taylor could be headed for a painful fall.

The former Broncos playmaker was the club’s next big thing when he signed a $1 million-a-season in 2017, but since signing the mega deal, Taylor has failed to live up to his potential at the Coast.

The Titans have yet to offer Taylor a new deal and with promising playmaker Toby Sexton coming through the ranks, the 26-year-old could be headed for the exits.
    That will absolutely ****ing do me. Does the club actually watch the same games we do. Why in the absolute hell would you extend him another year. He’s already on the books for next year.

So we’ve done next to nothing in recruitment for next year except add another year onto an out of form player who can’t manage a game to save his life. If that’s not the most titans thing to do ever.

It’s starting to become clear this club doesn’t get it. Happy to accept mediocrity. We’ve learnt absolutely **** all
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 24-06-21 at 07:14 AM.

Canterbury- Josh Addo Carr, Matt Burton, Brent Naden
    Drongoes- Adam Reynolds, Brenko Lee and there will be much more to come with their cleanout
    St George is another. Sharks are having a clean out and upgrade. Warriors even took advantage of Townsend till the end of year before he goes to the Cowboys (and yes he would be an upgrade for us at the moment).

Idiotic move that reminds me of the Brennan upgrade. Stupid club on and off the field.