Page 65 of 176 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 165 ... LastLast

I wouldn't touch milf with a 10' pole

NRL 2021: Gold Coast Titans make huge offer for Brisbane Broncos winger Xavier Coates

Broncos star Xavier Coates has been tipped to join Melbourne next year, but the Gold Coast Titans have made a huge attempt to snare the Origin winger’s signature.

Travis Meyn
    and
    Peter Badel

The Gold Coast Titans have not given up hope of snaring Origin star Xavier Coates after tabling the richest deal of the four clubs jostling for the Broncos winger’s signature.

Coates is expected to make a decision on where his future lies over the weekend and has been widely-tipped to join reigning premiers Melbourne on a two-year deal from 2022.

However the Broncos and Titans believe they are still in the hunt for Coates, whose management has insisted the speedster is yet to make a formal decision on his future.

The Titans have tabled a two-year contract worth more than $1 million, dwarfing the deal on offer from Melbourne.

The Broncos’ proposal is around $500,000-a-season while the Cowboys are believed to be outsiders in the battle for Coates.

Titans coach Justin Holbrook said he was in the dark about the Coates situation but admitted his speed would be an asset for the Gold Coast.

“I haven’t heard, I’m only going off what I’ve seen,” he said.

“Melbourne seems his preferred option so I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes there. We don’t know.

“He is very fast. Josh Addo-Carr (Storm winger) showed with a bit of speed you can score some tries (six against Souths), it’s a pretty good asset.”

Coates’ manager Nash Dawson met with Broncos boss Dave Donaghy on Friday and assured the club Coates had not made a final decision.

Coates has strong ties to the Gold Coast, having grown up in the region, and the Storm are privately concerned about the Titans’ bid.

Broncos players have also got in Coates’ ear since a report broke on Wednesday that he would be signing with the Storm, urging him to remain at Red Hill and help rebuild Brisbane under coach Kevin Walters.

Broncos prop Payne Haas said the ultra-successful Storm were an attractive proposition, but he hoped Coates would remain loyal to Brisbane.

“It’s Xavier’s choice at the end of the day but we have a young guy that’s on the up,” he said.

“‘Kevvie’ is the right man for the job and Dave Donaghy has come in as new CEO. I feel like the club is going to be on the up again and get back to what the Broncos used to be.

“I understand how Xavier feels because I almost joined the Storm.

“Several of us guys have put faith in the Broncos, it’s got such a rich history, so hopefully Xavier wants to be part of making Brisbane a winning club again.”

Coates’ fellow winger at the Broncos, Corey Oates, said the 20-year-old had to do what was best for his future.

“Everyone would be chasing him, Melbourne is just the big name everyone is throwing out there,” Oates said.

“He is a young fella and I’m sure he knows what’s right and best for himself.

“It’s always great to keep young talent that you have coming through. You want to keep them as long as you can.

“At the end of the day it’s a business. Clubs all look at it the same way.

“As players it’s what we love to do. It’s our career. He’s got to think of all of that.

“He is a huge talent. Look at how big he is and he’s got more growth in him. I’m sure he will make the right decision.”

Not sure how I feel about 500k/year but would be a great buy for the club if we could pull it off

Are we that desperate for a winger?

First Grader

Thats alot of money when we still need a half and hooker

I wouldn’t pay that much for Coates. The figure might not even be accurate. I think we probably are offering a bit less because we are his home town and he should come live at the Gold Coast for less.

are we ****ing serious? Coates is good but not THAT good. Just let Melbourne have him ffs.

Question: Is anyone on this forum The Don or Pagey on the bloody Drongos forum. Honestly it cheeses me off reading how friendly they are with those scumbags. Oh and that dick Bronco Bill is Jedhead on their forum. He is relentless about putting **** on us. I go there every now and then to watch them implode when they lose, so quite often

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I wouldn't touch milf with a 10' pole
    There are many milfs that I would touch with my pole, just not that one.

I just looked at the broncos forum for the first time and there is so much Titans hate on there it is completely ridiculous. The signings thread had three whole pages talking **** about the titans and having a sook because we offered coates a contract

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    I just looked at the broncos forum for the first time and there is so much Titans hate on there it is completely ridiculous. The signings thread had three whole pages talking **** about the titans and having a sook because we offered coates a contract
    Glorious innit?

Xavier to somewhere but not the Broncos. Guessing Storm?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Xavier to somewhere but not the Broncos. Guessing Storm?
    Yep storm announced the signing earlier today

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Yep storm announced the signing earlier today
    Glad Kevvie came out and said they'd keep him a couple of days ago. Hahaha

Hope we start extending and signing some people soon.

Looks like Joseph Vuna is back training full time with the NRL squad. Wonder if he's been signed on a development deal.

He plays a different game to our current back rowers..defensively very strong and can put a shot on. He's certainly helped Toby Sexton out by detering traffic away from that channel.