Page 59 of 176 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 109 159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Thanks mate, looks to be light on his feet which is always good.

- - - Updated - - -

We have the luxury of waiting as not a single club anywhere in the world is looking at him it appears. Amazing how far he has fallen, same trajectory as Milford.
    We don't have the luxury to wait if we want to replace him with a quality half. We can't be held to ransom again because there aren't any decent halfs on the market like the last time he stitched us up with this deal.

Banned

Mitch Rein was alright tonight
    He is all heart and soul

Ash Taylor needs to go asap, we need to take one of these marque halves whilst we have the opportunity. I don't even want him on a $300k deal

Banned

I rather get Drew Hutchinson at least he defends

First Grader

The roster we have are not a top 8 side and we need to make some tough decisions. I would not resign Taylor, Proctor, Don, Pearson, whitbred and would try and move on Wallace and subsidise his contract. We really need a quality centre and 5/8 and some toughness in the forwards with Capewell, Nathan Brown, Sua and Staggs/Coates as priority targets. 5/8 is a real problem due to not much quality but we cannot continue with Ash. I would even go with Milford st half his current price as he had a decent game last night and maybe Holbrook can work some magic with him to at least play consistently and at value he would be paid as

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    The roster we have are not a top 8 side and we need to make some tough decisions. I would not resign Taylor, Proctor, Don, Pearson, whitbred and would try and move on Wallace and subsidise his contract. We really need a quality centre and 5/8 and some toughness in the forwards with Capewell, Nathan Brown, Sua and Staggs/Coates as priority targets. 5/8 is a real problem due to not much quality but we cannot continue with Ash. I would even go with Milford st half his current price as he had a decent game last night and maybe Holbrook can work some magic with him to at least play consistently and at value he would be paid as
    Yeah yeah we fell into some hype. Our roster still needs massive reshaping.
    Lower the expectations for this year and save ourselves the misery.

What concerns me is that from the outside it looks like we are being massively passive in the player market. You don't see us linked to any of these marquee halves and even the latest I read was that D Clarke knocked back our offer and the Cheese talk has died down. I know SJ is hot and cold but would be a hell of a lot better than what we currently have and if we sit on our hands and do nothing for too long we will be stuck with re-signing what we have.

Surely Holbrook and co aren't satisfied with our current roster? I would hope they are making offers behind closed doors.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    What concerns me is that from the outside it looks like we are being massively passive in the player market. You don't see us linked to any of these marquee halves and even the latest I read was that D Clarke knocked back our offer and the Cheese talk has died down. I know SJ is hot and cold but would be a hell of a lot better than what we currently have and if we sit on our hands and do nothing for too long we will be stuck with re-signing what we have.

Surely Holbrook and co aren't satisfied with our current roster? I would hope they are making offers behind closed doors.
    Not sure how SJ helps our defence.

I hate to say it but we need Jimmy Maloney! He is a winner! And has that mongrel factor we haven’t had since bird!

I really wanna know how we are the only club that can never produce decent outside backs, correct me if I'm wrong brimson and Kelly are the only ones in how many years, Sami showed promise but has been so average lately. All our young outside backs that you read so much hype about always turn into duds, hope JoJo fifita breaks that curse but even he is like a year or two away

Just saw on Facebook, so not sure if true but it states that Darryl Clark has agreed to sign with us from 2022. A good friend in the UK and a massive fan and on the staff at St Helens RLC, tagged us in the article.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I really wanna know how we are the only club that can never produce decent outside backs, correct me if I'm wrong brimson and Kelly are the only ones in how many years, Sami showed promise but has been so average lately. All our young outside backs that you read so much hype about always turn into duds, hope JoJo fifita breaks that curse but even he is like a year or two away
    Kelly left then returned. Hymel Hunt and the young winger of the Rabbits were with us. They are both first graders in a good team although not stars. Rapana made a first grade career. Who else comes to mind. The future of GM (formerly GL) is still a question. Who else comes to mind?

QLD Cup

I feel like it is because we have consistently blocked the pathways of outside backs coming through. Dale Colpey, Brenko Lee, Jonus Pearson, Daniel Vidot, and to a lesser extent Don are some recent names that we have played on the wing instead of giving a junior a crack. All of these players would not be and are not first grade players at other clubs, yet we pick them and expect different results.

You can see our juniors would choose to leave rather than hanging around and hoping that literally every other wing and centre in the squad gets injured before they get a crack

Sezer scores 2 tries as Huddersfield beat Leeds overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I feel like it is because we have consistently blocked the pathways of outside backs coming through. Dale Colpey, Brenko Lee, Jonus Pearson, Daniel Vidot, and to a lesser extent Don are some recent names that we have played on the wing instead of giving a junior a crack. All of these players would not be and are not first grade players at other clubs, yet we pick them and expect different results.

You can see our juniors would choose to leave rather than hanging around and hoping that literally every other wing and centre in the squad gets injured before they get a crack
    I think we just haven't really had the quality coming through our system to be honest, which is mostly down to the club historically struggling to recruit the best within their catchment area. Clubs were raiding our junior area quite comfortably and the Titans either missed the boat or just couldn't compete financially, and didn't have much to offer otherwise - lets face it we weren't exactly appealing. 2018 they had an overhaul of the junior system and loaded up with more resources to make a proper go at it (which has been very succesful to date - some fantastic players across all age groups), but we won't see these kids until 2023+ when a few filter through to the top squad.