Page 56 of 176 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Can anybody remember how well we went last year with Stone replacing the biter? Now Stone imho is not a Tino or even a McIntyre but that right side FUNCTIONED without Proctor ... surely somebody out there recognizes this too, I’m tired of repeating myself.
    Pretty sure it was Fermor who replaced Proctor last year, not Stone? And from what I remember, we leaked more points down that side while Fermor was in the team but I don't think it was Fermor's fault alone. I remember Fermor making a fair few linebreaks as well which Proctor doesn't have the speed or footwork to do. He is honestly one of the most average, boring players in the side, offers nearly nothing anymore, gives away dumb penalties and stifles the attack every time we shift it to that side of the field. I understand we need some older heads in the side but it's not like Proctor is setting much of an example for the younger lads.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 24-04-21 at 03:59 PM.

Rd 15 Fermor was off the bench Stone in for Proctor. Lost to Canberra 16-36 (No Taylor, Mo, Don and Arrow)

Rd 16 Fermor in for Hipgrave Dragons 10 Titans 14 No Don

Rd 17 Fermor in for Hipgrave still. Arrow back, Don back Fermor scored Dogs 14 Titans 18 Fermor moved to the centres from memory during game.

Rd 18 Still Stone and Fermor. Titans 18 Broncos 6

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Rd 15 Fermor was off the bench Stone in for Proctor. Lost to Canberra 16-36 (No Taylor, Mo, Don and Arrow)

Rd 16 Fermor in for Hipgrave Dragons 10 Titans 14 No Don

Rd 17 Fermor in for Hipgrave still. Arrow back, Don back Fermor scored Dogs 14 Titans 18 Fermor moved to the centres from memory during game.

Rd 18 Still Stone and Fermor. Titans 18 Broncos 6
    I stand corrected.

At least it looks like we'll remain in the 8 this week with Sharks about to lose to Dogs

And Raiders losing to Cows
    Last edited by Dobes; 24-04-21 at 08:33 PM.

Fermor primarily covered Kelly on the left edge and Stone covered Proctor on the right but I wasn’t promoting either of them in particular, what I mean is that even an average player like Stone would be a better option than our current co-captain.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

We should be looking at Drinkwater at 6 now he'd be better than ash would combine well with Fogarty similar to lua and Cleary in playstyle not saying talent. And then for hooker go all in at starling or hodgeson from the raiders both too good to not be playing 80 won't be able to keep em both long term

Can't believe they let Dearden go. Far out.

First Grader

Yes Drinkwater would be a big improvement on Ash and cost a lot less. He has a great kicking game and has good speed. He does have flaws on the defensive side but so does Ash. Overall the would be a good pick up as a 5/8

Inactive User

It’s wierd how easily Ash has simply been beaten for speed in defence this year.
    It’s one thing for a little guy to be trampled over but no way Given his talent should Ash be burned for pace and just run past.
    We had such high hopes for him and he’s a lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Yes Drinkwater would be a big improvement on Ash and cost a lot less. He has a great kicking game and has good speed. He does have flaws on the defensive side but so does Ash. Overall the would be a good pick up as a 5/8
    I'm not sure about Drinkwater. I've watched a fair bit of the Cows games this year and he seems very hot and cold. The Cows have signed Townsend and Deardon as their halves for next year so they mustn't rate him that highly either.
    I think we could do better. I agree that Ash has to go but I don't just want a marginal improvement.

Drinkwater does nothing for me either ... for sure we can do better.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

How long is Daejarn Asi signed with the cowboys? He would be a good shout if we wanted to invest in a young guy. He has plenty of speed and is great in attack but also looked like a really solid defender when he played. Would be an upgrade in all categories and is young

- - - Updated - - -

Daejarn also played with Tino Fifita and Boyd at Keebra park

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like he is off contract aswell

Seems like every other club has signing rumours at the moment and we are not linked too anyone. Has anyone heard who we are going after for next year??

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Seems like every other club has signing rumours at the moment and we are not linked too anyone. Has anyone heard who we are going after for next year??
    I would imagine we'd still be talking to Clark (from Super League). Not sure who else though

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    I would imagine we'd still be talking to Clark (from Super League). Not sure who else though
    Hopefully shaun Johnson