Page 54 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 154 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

What’s doing with TP and DB

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Lol come on mate.

I cleared up that the reason he wasn’t playing wasn’t because of an injury - a few people had been asking this. Dont see the need to expand any further. I don’t need to “back it up” - I’ve got nothing to prove.

Some of those who have reached out privately I have shared the information with and they know who they are. Don’t think it’s necessary to expand on it in a public post. Not my place to do so.
    I always respect your posts HS, and I think I am pretty moderate, but we will just have to agree to differ on this.

Over the years we have had a few posters on here think they have the inside goss, often they have made it up, found out from a friend of a friend of the butcher etc. They have usually been called out and they stopped, or left. I am sure you are not in this category by a long shot but I just don't think it is right to put a rumour out there and not back it up. Plus I don't think people should have to seek a PM to get the story.

You say it is not your place to expand in a public place but you have essentially hung the bloke out to rumour, in a public place.
    Anyway, rant over, and as I said, I respect your posts....bar one. Cheers mate.

Inactive User

I was pushing for Staggs and now he’s gone I’m not sure where to go next for our halves. I’m not wanting any of Reynolds/Widdop or even Moses.
    Old Gold Coast would do that. Overpay someone to not have passion and get a superannuation top up. Really don’t know where to go now.
    I’d tolerate one more year of Taylor/Fogarty if Taylor is prepared to be paid about $300k. Then we can bring through Sexton/Weaver at the right time.
    We can use the remaining money on Brandon Smith and some front loading of contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I was pushing for Staggs and now he’s gone I’m not sure where to go next for our halves. I’m not wanting any of Reynolds/Widdop or even Moses.
    Old Gold Coast would do that. Overpay someone to not have passion and get a superannuation top up. Really don’t know where to go now.
    I’d tolerate one more year of Taylor/Fogarty if Taylor is prepared to be paid about $300k. Then we can bring through Sexton/Weaver at the right time.
    We can use the remaining money on Brandon Smith and some front loading of contracts.
    I can see where you are coming from Bods but can we really write off another year by sticking with Fogarty/Taylor. I don't really care how low Taylor's wage drops, if he can't do the job required it is not relevant what he is paid.
    I agree with you re Reynolds and Widdop but would be happy to look at Moses or Johnson. I just don't think we can waste a year hoping (and that is what it is, hope) that Sexton and Weaver actually make it. We certainly need to go after Brandon Smith as you say.

Happy to see we won't be getting Staggs, good player but imo sort of overrated and certainly not worth 900k. I'd much rather use that money on a proper five-eighth than a makeshift one.

I'd be telling Ash his services are no longer needed here since even behind this beast forward pack he still hasn't shown any signs of improvement. As for Fogarty, I think he's shown more in his short stint here than Ash has ever shown in his 5 years here. Our biggest priorities now should be our 9 and 6, no ifs, no buts.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 21-04-21 at 08:39 PM.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    As for Fogarty, I think he's shown more in his short stint here than Ash has ever shown in his 5 years here. Our biggest priorities now should be our 9 and 6, no ifs, no buts.
    I don't think that is fair on Ash. His early years were far more impressive than anything Fogarty has done to date.

The problem with Ash is that when we signed him he was an all round package. He was the on field general, the goal kicker, he took the kick off's and he laid on the majority of our scoring plays. Now he does none of that. By lessening his on field work load his flaws become more obvious because he doesn't make up for it in other facets of his game.

I've always been a supporter of Ash but what I find frustrating now is that he doesn't seem to want to be that player anymore. It's obvious that his confidence hasn't completely returned and coupled with the fact that Fogarty has embraced the 'general' role in the team, Ash seems to fall into the background unless he messes up.

IMO, the next month is make or break for Ash. I'm not saying that he has to move back to 7 but he needs to become the dominant playmaker again, just like Munster as a 6 is at the Storm. I've got no doubt that he is the best ball player in our current squad. I just want him to show us that he wants to get back to being that player. The first thing that I would be doing to achieve that if I was him is going to coach and stating that he wants to be taking the re starts again. Kicking the ball out on the full from a kick off is inexcusable, that's an easy win for him. The next would be taking ownership of that last play option.

If Ash can't make it work however, I'd be asking SJ how he feels about playing with Fafita outside him. That would be a frightening proposition for most teams..

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    Looking like Reynolds to Parra which would surely mean they don’t see one of Moses or Brown as the future of the club. Most likely Moses so he could be a good one to chase
    Not that the person in the video is guilty as he didn't do the filming but it might be Dylan that is looking for work elsewhere. I'd take Moses but not with the pay packet he will get from the Donkeys. James Maloney or SJ still an option till these juniors are a yes or a no?

As for Ash, I think we would be flogging a dead horse if we thought he will play better for less. Move on, he never consistently delivered.

Rep Player

Maybe why we pulled our offer for Staggs?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Danny_Wei...24612400988160

Hope we did it intentionally to go after Coates, let them pay over for Kotoni and Piakura. Also reduces their salary going after another half, especially when they signed Danny Levi, extended Herbie and those large contracts they gave to their forwards.

On a complete other note (I know it's the wrong thread), does anyone else think it's worth a gamble putting Tino in second row next season for life after Proctor? Tinos defence is solid and puts him against 2 or 1 defenders rather than 3, let's him play 80min. Also think we stacked in the props with Wallace, Mo, Jolifee, Lisone, Ese'ese, Mcyntre. Food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    On a complete other note (I know it's the wrong thread), does anyone else think it's worth a gamble putting Tino in second row next season for life after Proctor? Tinos defence is solid and puts him against 2 or 1 defenders rather than 3, let's him play 80min. Also think we stacked in the props with Wallace, Mo, Jolifee, Lisone, Ese'ese, Mcyntre. Food for thought
    Tino played 2nd row against the Knights when Sami went off and did absolutely nothing. I think he's a bit too big and not agile enough for 2nd row. We've got a gem of a 2nd rower Fermor just waiting for a shot

Tino has also missed 22 tackles year to date

What do anyone think of Shuster replacing Peachey at lock got size and can tackle 1 on 1 has got silky hands
    I would sign Herbert and bring in JoJo next year to learn of him I think Herbert is starting to look good in the centres
    To me there are not a lot of Hooker around to pick from I do know D Clark from SL so cant comment on him B Smith I pretty sure we missed his boat I think he going to Bulldogs
    Marshell-King no better then Rein What about J Braily I think we can start talk in November
    As a half to replace Taylor, L Lam I think would fill that spot nicely and can Play a bit of a Hooker as well I would also put Fifita right side and bring in Fermor before we loose him

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Fermor. Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    What do anyone think of Shuster replacing Peachey at lock got size and can tackle 1 on 1 has got silky hands
    Schuster is a 5/8 and will be in that position. He is staying at Manly. He is one of rheir best prospects for a while and going nowhere.