Page 174 of 176 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Peachy is in discussions with the Eels and apparently wanting to go back to Sydney
    good, they can have him.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Peachy is in discussions with the Eels and apparently wanting to go back to Sydney
    We are just right for halves/backrower/utility players. Let him go. Don’t go throwing money at him.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...455c3a5f60bb91
    We have signed khan pereira to our top 30 on two years. I can’t access the full article.
    Last edited by Titans83; 28-08-21 at 07:16 PM.

Inactive User

Wouldn’t it be something if Khan Pereira and JFifita were our wingers.
    That actually is in the 5 year plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I still think in the 5 year plan out halves has to be Weaver and Sexton and I see now that JC will have to be FB because he’s not really a utility player.
    Where does that put AJ?
    He played 5/8 for Brennan and I wasn’t impressed at all.
    Nobody has supported me yet but he’s long term contracted why not be our #14 (when at full strength) and try and get him to play maybe the last 50mins of the match as a Damian Cook type of hooker.
    Is it too radical?
    I think AJ would make a good center he's pretty good defensively runs a good line and just needs early ball from the halves out wide he can be dangerous and better defensively then say bk

Banned

When Don gets a send off
    Don't you think Ash Taylor and Mitch Rein also deserve a farewell game for their service

I’m all for sending all departing players off, just not by including them in the team … convoy of utes, make announcements and drive them around the field at half time.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...455c3a5f60bb91
    We have signed khan pereira to our top 30 on two years. I can’t access the full article.
    Fastest Gold Coast Titan in club history, Alofiana Khan-Pereira, signs multi-year extension

The fastest Titan in history has celebrated the birth of his first child by signing a multi-year contract extension to join the Titans Top 30 squad for the first time.
    Nic Darveniza
    Nic Darveniza
    EXCLUSIVE
    Follow
    @NicDarveniza
    2 min read
    August 28, 2021 - 6:28PM
    Gold Coast Bulletin

THE fastest Gold Coast Titans player in history has celebrated the birth of his first child by signing a two-year contract extension to join the Titans Top 30 squad for the first time.

Development squad member Alofiana Khan-Pereira, 19, hit a top speed of 36.5km/h in a Rugby League Gold Coast A Grade match last season.

It eclipsed the 35.9km/h top speed Phillip ‘The Hound’ Sami reached chasing down Josh Addo-Carr in 2019 to earn his nickname and the previous title of Gold Coast’s fastest player.

Khan-Pereira impressed coaches with his application to training, piling on eight kilograms of muscle to reach his current playing weight of 84kg.

His reward was a significant payrise and a two-year opportunity to unleash his speed on the rest of the NRL.

Khan-Pereira said the birth of his son Prince two weeks ago had added fuel to a lifelong desire to be a part of the first Titans premiership-winning team.

“It was indescribable,” the teenager said on becoming a dad.

“Seeing him now, seeing him in person, it’s one of the best feelings.

“Having a baby is a different kind of love. I’d do anything for him.

“If anything it gives me a boost, makes me want to run even faster.”

Khan-Pereira has cheered for the Titans since moving to the region from Lismore as a nine-year-old.

He was witnessed the highs and lows and is desperate to help the Titans succeed.

“I’ve been with the Titans junior programs since I was 16,” he said.

“They were the first club to sign me up so I’d love to help them get that first premiership.

“Me and my dad has a sit-down a while ago, like ‘imagine being in the team that finally wins that first premiership.’

“I’m always thinking about that perspective. It would be amazing.”

Such is the Titans regard for Khan-Pereira’s speed the club signed him to a full-time senior contract before making his Intrust Super Cup debut.

There are shades of a young Addo-Carr in the Keebra Park graduate’s game, with deadly speed and sharp instincts that give him opportunities to use it to full effect.

Since being released from the Titans bubble to gain more senior football experience Khan-Pereira has scored six tries in two starts for Burleigh in local A Grade.

On Saturday he will line up against Israel Folau’s Southport Tigers at Owen Park at 3pm.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

PEACHEY NEXT TITAN ON CHOPPING BLOCK

Former NSW Origin utility Tyrone Peachey is facing a $300,000 pay cut to continue his NRL career as the Gold Coast Titans complete a $2 million roster purge that is expected to see Ash Taylor leave the club.

Peachey remains without a contract for 2022 and has only received lukewarm interest on the open market.

On a deal worth $550,000 this season, the Titans have discussed offering Peachey around $200,000 to remain at the club.

Intent on securing $400,000 next year, Peachey has switched managers and been shopped to rival clubs.

The Titans are clearing the decks and are expected to farewell up to 10 players at season’s end.

Taylor was dropped for Thursday night’s crucial game against Newcastle and has not been offered a deal, with coach Justin Holbrook expected to experiment with AJ Brimson and Jayden Campbell at five-eighth next year.

Holbrook maintained he hasn’t made a decision on Taylor’s future, however the writing appears to be on the wall for the $1 million man.

“Nothing has changed on that front to what I’ve been answering the last four or five weeks,” he said.

“It’s open. We haven’t made a decision there. It (dropping Taylor) is no big statement of mine.

“It’s not a yes or no on his future.”

Holbrook said the same applied to Peachey, who he picked at No. 6 for the Knights game in Taylor’s place.

“It’s obviously getting to the crunch end and we’re worrying about the next game rather than the future,” he said.

The Titans have also not offered new deals to Mitch Rein, Jonus Pearson, and Darius Farmer while Sam Stone and Jai Whitbread will head to England.

Centre Treymain Spry was released mid-season and veteran winger Anthony Don will retire.

Ok that is one positive that the club's moved forward, we don't need Peachey, I wouldn't even give him 200k I'd throw that at magoulious to be back up lock he can ballplay but not as reckless as Peachey

All of the players listed I would let go as well. The club seems to be able to identify the deadwood and get rid of them. They also have done well identifying some quality players on the cheap. I’m excited to think who they have to replace these guys.
    Also spare a thought for all these guys being let go. It’s a cruel game professional sport and some of these guys careers might be over. Just a good year at the right time or not having injuries can be the difference to owning a home or not.

Stoked for Lofi. Not big for a winger but he’s tough, high effort and bloody quick. Another product of the junior system who speaks of what it means to bring success to the club. You love to see it

What about McIntyre??????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    What about McIntyre??????????????????????
    Thought he had signed for 1 year only but nrl has him here next year.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/01/23/...clubs2/#titans

Quote Originally Posted by TitansState View Post
    Thought he had signed for 1 year only but nrl has him here next year.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/01/23/...clubs2/#titans
    It’s confusing as in Zero Tackle it has him only for 2021.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady