Page 162 of 176 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Why even post that wh?
    I almost fell for it.

it was just a lighthearted joke tbh.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I almost fell for it.

it was just a lighthearted joke tbh.
    Thanks GT101

Aaron Booth an NRL journeyman sitting behind Grant, Smith and Smoothy, not too much to get excited by.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Aaron Booth an NRL journeyman sitting behind Grant, Smith and Smoothy, not too much to get excited by.
    He’s 25 and only just cracking first grade now, although I did read that he had some bad recurring injuries. I’m not particularly excited though who knows, maybe he will turn out to be another astute cheap signing like Lisone or Fermor.

Booth could be amazing and we wouldn’t even know. Being stuck behind the two best hookers in the comp and a young guy isn’t exactly a bad thing. The storm have great talent identification and hooker is by far the most successful position they have produced e.g cam, Brandon and Harry. If he’s had injuries that means he has more potential to play well.

Yeah I don't think it's one to get overly excited by. He seems a popular and likeable bloke that Melbourne saw enough in from a train and trial to deem him worthy of being in an NRL squad, but for us it's really a minimum contract pickup that brings an alternative style to Clark.

I've got a feeling that we have been paying Rein a fair bit more than he was worth as well because he was Garth Brennan's pet player. Loved him.

Don't forget that we got Nathan Friend from Storm because he was stuck behind Smith at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gcboyz View Post
    Don't forget that we got Nathan Friend from Storm because he was stuck behind Smith at the time.
    Yeah but this bloke is behind three. I'd suggest our hooker problems remain unresolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yeah but this bloke is behind three. I'd suggest our hooker problems remain unresolved.
    They’ll remain unsolved until we spend big in 2023 mate. Availability on the market doesn’t allow for much more unfortunately. Need every penny to go big for Smith or Grant when they become available.

Yea clearly the club sees hooker is a problem but no point overpaying and making it worse, hopefully booth can kick on and be a bit better then Clarke or rein till we land a big fish

Segeyaro and Norman as a package anyone … just joking fellas, relax.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Segeyaro and Norman as a package anyone … just joking fellas, relax.
    how dare you

cue the low IQ outrage crew

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    They’ll remain unsolved until we spend big in 2023 mate. Availability on the market doesn’t allow for much more unfortunately. Need every penny to go big for Smith or Grant when they become available.
    Yeah that seems the unfortunate reality, as well as halves, now that we signed no one who was on the market. I just hate the thought of next season being a write off which I think it will be. Last season I went back to a 4 game membership after being a full season western Titanium member since day 1. With the positive signings I went back to full season again this year but I can see myself cutting back again next season unless we fix up our spine. I just can't justify spending $1200 on memberships when the same **** keeps getting dished up week after week.
    Nothing changes.

I can see the forum next season just repeating the comments of this season where we just talk about mediocre hooker options and mediocre halves options. I am over it to be honest. Needless to say I don't agree with 5 year plans. I am reminded of the five year plan that Brad Arthur had for Parramatta (after the Messiah that he was supposed to be, left Manly) - he has been there 8 seasons and they are miles off.

Immortal

Over the off-season I would put Fogerty in at hooker and see how he goes there and if he handles it he may be a good option off the bench as a player who can cover the halves and hooker.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Over the off-season I would put Fogerty in at hooker and see how he goes there and if he handles it he may be a good option off the bench as a player who can cover the halves and hooker.
    Respect your opinion mate but Fogarty is not NRL standard and that is a case of re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. (sorry to use your name T).