Page 37 of 176 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Will you stop it already
    Proctor and Jamal were today named Captains
    It’s not happening

Go Mitch Rein
    Go Mitch Rein with bells on it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Go Cam Smith

Smith announced retirement and ends speculation ... now let’s get on with it.
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...ca57a8540024d3
    Last edited by Titanic; 10-03-21 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Did he actually say it? The article says, "Cameron Smith has retired from professional rugby league, his former club the Melbourne Storm have announced."
    Psmitty

Inactive User

Oh thank god it’s over
    It was a dead horse getting flogged from Mid January onwards
    Maybe get around Rein now....

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Did he actually say it? The article says, "Cameron Smith has retired from professional rugby league, his former club the Melbourne Storm have announced."
    It was on Storms twitter feed.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...HeonMn9myOW6JM

But this has quotes from Cam

Now that this is done and dusted. What do we do with Cameron Smiths money in the bank. Who should we go after or should we front load some contracts??

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Now that this is done and dusted. What do we do with Cameron Smiths money in the bank. Who should we go after or should we front load some contracts??
    Yeah was just thinking about that.
    I’d front load and go get Brandon Smith for 2022 and beyond.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 10-03-21 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yeah was just thinking about that.
    I’d front load and go get for Brandon Smith for 2022 and beyond.
    I like that idea bodsy, I'm just a bit weary of clubs like broncos and warriors having huge pockets of cash next season that they throw ludacris money at players and drive up the price

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Ten bucks says he's donning a Titans jersey by Round 10.

To celebrate the occasion.

EwFdGEBVEAI8Cm1.jpg
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

To celebrate the occasion.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I like the idea of chasing starling. Not sure of his availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Ten bucks says he's donning a Titans jersey by Round 10.
    Toads ole fruit, you didn’t stipulate as a player ... I’d have a piece of that tenner but considering he’s living on the Coast he could be spotted anywhere

Renouf: Star recruits will bring Titans long-awaited golden era
    Steve Renouf http://www.nrl.com

This year could be the launching pad for that era of Gold Coast Titans success that has never come.

With the signing of David Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, the Titans have two young players who really could become a big part of making the Gold Coast a force.

This is a club that’s been through its tough times.

We’ve had the Giants, the Seagulls, the Chargers and now the Titans. But what we’ve never had on the Gold Coast is a team consistently making the finals and challenging for a premiership.

But I really like the way the Titans are looking and feeling right now.

I was there last week around the club and it just felt to me like this was a team on the up.

They’ve lost Jai Arrow which I think is a big loss for them, but other than that they seem to have everything going well for them right now and with coach Justin Holbrook they seem to be a club in demand.

Over the years players have never necessarily wanted to go to the Gold Coast.

You look at the rosters they’ve had and that’s no disrespect to the players or the club, but it’s just the way it has been.

But now I think it’s a different story. I think we will see more players want to go there, players will want to line up alongside those two young forwards who will not only lead the Titans to future success but will be key players for Queensland’s State of Origin side for the next decade.

To be honest, I was amazed at how well Fa’asuamaleaui played during Origin last year because I didn’t expect him to do what he did.

That’s not being harsh on him, he was just unstoppable and his work rate was just on another level to anything I’d seen from him at the Melbourne Storm.

The most impressive thing too was that he seemed to go to that next level really easily and that in itself is a big bonus for the Titans.

He has shown he can do that across an Origin series as a player. It’s now about settling in and producing that sort of performance week to week.

Having met him and seeing what he has done on the field, I think he's got the head to do it.

I reckon he can easily adapt and be consistent for the Titans.

I believe Fifita can handle the pressure that will come with being the marquee signing for the Titans.

I’ve had a bit to do with Fifita over the years. We interviewed him for our Deadly Choices program when he was 11 and the commitment he has shown to go from catching a train for two hours to and from school every day to being a star in the NRL shows he has what it takes to be the best.

He will be an asset for the Titans. He is a polite giant and the way he goes about his business on and off the field will do wonders for the club.

When we talk about good forward packs in the Telstra Premiership, I think the Titans are a team we now need to add to the conversation.

It’s not just Fifita and Fa’asuamaleaui, but Moeaki Fotuaika, Herman Ese’ese, Kevin Proctor and Jarrod Wallace - who looks fitter than he has ever looked and has set himself as a senior player there now.

They are a formidable team and it’s going to be exciting to see how Jamal Fogarty, Ash Taylor and AJ Brimson play behind a pack that has the potential to be as good as any in the NRL.