Page 133 of 176 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2626

If we going for low value signing I would even take Kodi Nikorima > Milford > Taylor. At least Nikorima is up on confident for a similar type of player and can also cover hooker...just a thought with rumours of him wanting to return to qld and NZ signing Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    If we going for low value signing I would even take Kodi Nikorima > Milford > Taylor. At least Nikorima is up on confident for a similar type of player and can also cover hooker...just a thought with rumours of him wanting to return to qld and NZ signing Johnson
    Nikorima re-signed/took up his player option with the Warriors even after Johnson signed so sadly he's not an option otherwise I'd agree with you

Inactive User

Whenever I watch the Drongoes play Milford is totally woeful in both attack and defence plus we have Sexton, Turner, Boyd, Fogarty and then very soon Weaver.
    I think this is an appalling move.
    Stick to the 5 year plan.

I would like an experienced half but there are none available so I think we are best to stick with Turner, Sexton, Fogarty and Boyd and wait for one to come available. Going down the Milf path is no better then sticking with what we have. We all just have to face the fact that our halves will be average next year unless someone becomes available. I think patience is the key and try and develop a gem in the ones we already have in the mean time.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Difference is, as HS said, Milf has age on his side to turn things around whereas Maloney is only downhill from here. I'm not saying Milf will turn back to his best but it's only really been the last 3 years he has been terrible and a lot of that could be attributed to playing in a toxic Brisbane side with no support in the halves for him (he hasn't had a real HB beside him since Hunt left).

I am definitely in the minority but I think he can definitely turn it around a bit with a change of scenery. He will never get back to the form of 2015ish but could possibly at least give us a running, attacking 5/8. Once again ONLY if he isn't on anything crazy like the 600k he was demanding from clubs.
    He has youth but we have zero history as a club in bringing the best out of players by getting them back to their best or keeping them at their best. Culture at Broncos may be terrible but he has known all year that he won't be re-signed and hasn't shown an ounce of talent to make me think he should play in the NRL. I'd prefer to not sign him, I'll go out on a limb and say no one else will either, and let Turner have a go, if he isn't what we hoped for, knock on Milfs door next year and offer him a trial and train contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Nikorima re-signed/took up his player option with the Warriors even after Johnson signed so sadly he's not an option otherwise I'd agree with you
    Bummer I didn't know that, not many options out there

Rep Player

I’ll leave it to the club I’m sure they have plan A, B and C in mind for 2022 but I still don’t think we are milf or perish.

The Titans have held talks with Anthony Milford’s management as the Gold Coast explore the prospect of an immediate transfer and a longer-term lifeline for the fallen Broncos star.

News Corp can reveal the Titans have emerged as a contender for Milford’s signature, with the Broncos’ Queensland rivals having another six days to snare the unwanted Brisbane playmaker before the NRL’s August 2 transfer deadline.

Parramatta made inquiries with the Broncos last week about a possible late-season shift for Milford, but the Eels’ decision to abort their poaching raid has opened the door for a number of NRL rivals.

Watch The 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Live & On-Demand on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >

Milford has been linked with a move to South Sydney next season, but the Titans remain in the frame after expressing interest in Brisbane’s $1 million man following a fresh round of talks in recent days.

On the outer at the Broncos, Milford is itching for some NRL game time this season after making a successful recovery from knee surgery six weeks ago.

Anthony Milford could make a mid-season move to the Titans.
    Anthony Milford could make a mid-season move to the Titans.
    That opens the door for the Gold Coast, who could benefit from Milford’s big-match experience in the halves as the Titans prepare for a desperate six-week battle to make this year’s playoffs.

The 10th-placed Titans are one win outside the top eight and they could do with back-up at the scrumbase after debuting 20-year-old halfback Toby Sexton last week following an injury to first-choice No.7 Jamal Fogarty.

Should the Titans fail to broker an immediate transfer, Gold Coast recruitment chiefs are open to the prospect of Milford arriving at Parkwood next season on a deal well below his current $1 million contract at the Broncos.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch the world's best shows on BINGE Get BINGE Basic from only $10/mth

The Titans baulked at Milford’s $600,000 price tag earlier this season, but the Coast have not ruled out making a play for the 189-game veteran at a reduced rate.

Milford was outstanding in Brisbane’s 2015 grand-final loss — he almost won the Clive Churchill Medal ahead of Cowboys champion Johnathan Thurston — and Souths coach Wayne Bennett is a huge fan of the five-eighth dynamo he formerly coached at the Broncos.

Milford trained strongly at Red Hill on Tuesday and Brisbane football boss Ben Ikin said the Broncos would consider an immediate switch for the former Queensland Origin utility.

The Titans are considering a move for unwanted Bronco Anthony Milford.
    The Titans are considering a move for unwanted Bronco Anthony Milford.
    “We had this conversation when other clubs were interested and we said then we would be open to the conversation (of a release) if something got presented to us,” Ikin said. “We will consider an immediate release for ‘Milf’ on its merits ... if and when it arrives.”

Milford is open to relocating to Sydney next year but a move to the Titans would enable him to remain living in Brisbane with his wife and two young daughters.

It is understood the Titans are not committed to signing off-contract five-eighth Ash Taylor next year and part of his $1 million salary could fund the acquisition of Milford.

Broncos prop Payne Haas is adamant Milford is not a spent force in the NRL and could be a match-winner for the Titans or Souths.

“I think we’ve all seen Milf’s potential,” he said. “It sucks to see him leave.

“Milf is such a good bloke and I’m pretty sure he can bring a lot to any team he goes to.

More Coverage

Haas on hold: Broncos bosses baulk at $10m deal NRL players to be banned from pubs and clubs
    “He is a special player and it might be good for him to get a change.

“I’m pretty sure we haven’t seen the best of him. He is still young, he is only 27 so he has a long future ahead of him.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...df7372ada5cda6
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Not a fan of getting Milf but if they didn't want him at $600k then we can assume that his price is maybe $500k or less. If you can get the best of him for a reduced rate it maybe ok.
    Psmitty

In what world is a has been Qcup player worth $600k? I mean he got the Payne Haas endorsement but runs on the board aren't there.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    In what world is a has been Qcup player worth $600k? I mean he got the Payne Haas endorsement but runs on the board aren't there.
    He’s not. We turned him down at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    He’s not. We turned him down at that price.
    The Titans baulked at Milford’s $600,000 price tag earlier this season, but the Coast have not ruled out making a play for the 189-game veteran at a reduced rate.

What price would you pay Willhelm?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

What price would you pay Willhelm?
    About $3.50

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    About $3.50
    God damn Loch Ness Milford!

I ain't got no tree fiddy.

It was at this point we realised we weren't buying no 5/8, it was the Loch Ness monster.