Page 132 of 176 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2626

I think they’re wanting a 6 that can create and run the ball well, given we’ll have either Sexton or Fogs in the 7. I.e. they want complementary halves that bring different skill sets - Luai & Cleary / Reynolds & Walker esque
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 27-07-21 at 06:42 AM.

Yes I know HS but if not Milf who?

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Yes I know HS but if not Milf who?
    That’s what I mean sorry mate, it gives merit to why they could be chasing Milford.

I’m wary based on his current form (and however long) but there’s been some good comments in here about where there could be value in signing him if the price is right
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 26-07-21 at 08:23 PM.

It kinda makes sense if we have Sexton at 7 who's a mix of Flannagan and Cronk note sure who he's most like yet, but looks like we are targeting a running 6 and ash kinda showed on the weekend he couldn't step up and guide the team around the park or run like Milford

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    That’s what I mean sorry mate, it gives merit to why they could be chasing Milford.

I’m wary based on his current form (and however long) but there’s been some good comments in here about where there could be value in signing him if the price is right
    I think the Bronco’s train wreck started back in 2018 so that’s close enough to 4 years of system turmoil.
    Most players form/confidence would be impacted pretty heavily if not shattered during this period and especially a half like Milf who’s reliant upon his forward’s form (unlike someone like Haas who can run a bit of his own race).

Anyway what I’m trying to say is it has been utter mayhem at the Broncos for close on four years and this has exaggerated Milf’s poor form so I think who ever picks him up is in for one hell of a bargain.

Yes that’s the last thing I’ll say on Milf

One swallow doesn’t make a summer and fingers crossed Sexton kicks on … Milford would be behind Maloney or Sezer on my wish list but in front of the rest available including Taylor who has lost his way.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I'll just live in hope that the club is using the media and player agents to their advantage while they negotiate with someone worthwhile and from left field that hasn't been mentioned.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'll just live in hope that the club is using the media and player agents to their advantage while they negotiate with someone worthwhile and from left field that hasn't been mentioned.
    Sounds like we did and got Sharks to overpay for Finucane

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    One swallow doesn’t make a summer and fingers crossed Sexton kicks on … Milford would be behind Maloney or Sezer on my wish list but in front of the rest available including Taylor who has lost his way.
    I liked the look of Sexton however if we were to buy a player to help him develop Maloney would be my pick. Sezer would be great too. Could you imagine Maloney behind our pack ?? In watching some of the games there does seem a disconnect between Clarke and Fogs I hope it’s sorted now. Clarke is developing well so I’d like to see how he goes but agree with most that we need a good Hooker to bring our forwards on to the ball and now Bellamy is staying at the Storm you would think that The Cheese stays in Melbourne.

On Milf there was a Year where his running game tore teams to shreds including ours if he could get back to that I’m in but I feel that he has lost a little pace and not the player of that year any more.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I liked the look of Sexton however if we were to buy a player to help him develop Maloney would be my pick. Sezer would be great too. Could you imagine Maloney behind our pack ?? In watching some of the games there does seem a disconnect between Clarke and Fogs I hope it’s sorted now. Clarke is developing well so I’d like to see how he goes but agree with most that we need a good Hooker to bring our forwards on to the ball and now Bellamy is staying at the Storm you would think that The Cheese stays in Melbourne.

On Milf there was a Year where his running game tore teams to shreds including ours if he could get back to that I’m in but I feel that he has lost a little pace and not the player of that year any more.
    Maloney is 35 years old so I think he’d be 1 year max. Imagining him behind our pack is a dream in attack but a nightmare in defense. I’d rather bring Sezer home.

Sezer just signed a new multi-year deal overseas so he's out and no thank you to Maloney. Way past his best, too old and the last thing this team needs is more defensive liabilities.

Milford could be worth the risk ONLY if he is on low coin (350k or less)

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Sezer just signed a new multi-year deal overseas so he's out and no thank you to Maloney. Way past his best, too old and the last thing this team needs is more defensive liabilities.

Milford could be worth the risk ONLY if he is on low coin (350k or less)
    Same way some of us are viewing Milford but we some are hung up on highlight reels from 7 years ago

I love Maloney but I think he's a 1 year stop-gap and nothing more whereas Milford could potentially (I say this loosely) provide a longer term option. 27 and 35 are a fair bit apart

In saying that, I can see why people would prefer that 1 year stop gap until a better long-term option becomes available whether that be by going to market or internally

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Same way some of us are viewing Milford but we some are hung up on highlight reels from 7 years ago
    Difference is, as HS said, Milf has age on his side to turn things around whereas Maloney is only downhill from here. I'm not saying Milf will turn back to his best but it's only really been the last 3 years he has been terrible and a lot of that could be attributed to playing in a toxic Brisbane side with no support in the halves for him (he hasn't had a real HB beside him since Hunt left).

I am definitely in the minority but I think he can definitely turn it around a bit with a change of scenery. He will never get back to the form of 2015ish but could possibly at least give us a running, attacking 5/8. Once again ONLY if he isn't on anything crazy like the 600k he was demanding from clubs.

Bit of a weak take on my part but i'm actually gutted for Ash that things have ended up the way they have, at one point in time Ash Taylor was a real glimmer of hope for this franchise and one of my favourites to play for the team. Super curious about what's happened to him, money? injuries? mental health? Garth Brennan?, we'll never find out but I feel like those that saw him come through can only look back and think "what happened here??".

Milford, actually, would be a signing I can get behind. Low-cost likely, prove-it deal, fresh start, fits as the running 6 we've needed for some time, think the only downside would be does he take minutes from a Paul Turner or a Toby Sexton? Either way, he wouldn't be someone Holbrook would be forced to play if he's underperforming, and IMO Turner would be a 14 to start the season anyway. Love me a good Milf.