Page 131 of 176 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Broncos forum saying that Milford has agreed to come to the Titans and that Nui is leaving
    Where do you reckon Niu would be going?

IMO he’s an awesome young player considering he’s still 19. Not sure many clubs need a fullback though and tbh I don’t think that’s his position long term. Sooner he accepts he’s a centre and learns to defend there the better
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 26-07-21 at 07:26 PM.

Rep Player

Not really a Milf fan but with the dollars he’s likely to command I’m not hugely bothered if we take a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I don’t see the point of milf. We have an absurd amount of halves on the books and I can’t say it’s night and day between him and Ash. He would have a huge chip on his shoulders and would love nothing more to spite the broncos but like Taylor he just looks cooked
    We do have an absurd number of halves on the books but most are deadset average and the others very unproven. I think the difference between Ash and Milford is that Milford has had it and has lost it and Ash never really had it, once found out.
    I can certainly see the reason people don't want Milford but I reckon if we get him cheap, we don't have much to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

IMO he’s an awesome young player considering he’s still 19. Not sure many clubs need a fullback though and tbh I don’t think that’s his position long term. Sooner he accepts he’s a centre and learns to defend there the better
    I'd take niu in a heart beat.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Not sure HS. Apparently it was mentioned on Nine news that it is unlikely he will be at the Broncos next year. There was a tweet by Nui last year when Fifita left to the Titans that he would follow him but then he signed a 1 year extension with the Broncs this year. The Titans were interested in him some time ago but not sure the current situation.

Pretty sure the Warriors were chasing Niu

Inactive User

I refuse to believe that we are after Milford.
    It makes no sense to me at all.

I'd sign Greg Condon at 5/8 and have him represent Herbert at the judiciary before wanting either Taylor or Milf at this club next year

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'd sign Greg Condon at 5/8 and have him represent Herbert at the judiciary before wanting either Taylor or Milf at this club next year
    Condon at 5/8 on minimum wage as a stop gap as we wait for Jesus to join John the Baptist as our halves combo has merit.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Can't agree with any of that 5Y.
    We defiantly need to sign a 5/8 and hopefully the young stock come thru but that's still little ways off and sometimes it just doesn't go to plan.
    Cant believe anyone would pass on the guy in the below link. Sure he has to rediscover but once out of the toxic Bronco's he more than likely will. It is one hell of a highlights reel (having a little giggle to myself when comparing to a Taylor's one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzpHzR49_Wc
    So the player who has been ordinary the last 2 years is what all the broncos cultures fault? I could show some Taylor YouTube highlights as well but you are only as good as current form. I just don’t see the point when we signed Turner (absolute hyperbole but wasnt he dubbed the next benji) . Sure as I said I’d like for him to become the gun he once was but I don’t see the point in us taking the risk. We aren’t a premiership contender with 1 x gun half looking for a spark. We need an absolute class veteran half to lead our young guns.

All that said if it’s a short contract worth peanuts then I say **** it I’d take him over Ash, I’m tired of seeing him in a titans jersey. At least milf will be hungry to show us what he’s got. We need to try something… we have something potentially special in Sexton but he needs help a Milford out for revenge is better than an apathetic Taylor.
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 26-07-21 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Geez that’s a blast from the past

The Milford signing has to be on peanuts otherwise it makes no sense to me.

PS SJ out indefinitely again with a hamstring injury. This is why I originally didn't want him here next year - he's spending more time off the field injured these days than on it.

Ok if we don't sign Milf who are we playing at 5/8?
    Turner (unproven gamble)
    Boyd (pretty sure he's not up to it)

We'll need to sign someone without a doubt or it is self-destruction time.

I'm happy to take Milf right now. Bring him on!
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 26-07-21 at 08:43 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Ok if we don't sign Milf who are we playing at 5/8?
    Turner (unproven gamble)
    Boyd (pretty sure he's not up to it)

We'll need to sign someone without a doubt or it is self-destruction time.
    Well for starters is a Foges/sexton pairing impossible? You have Turner who is a young upcoming gun who is unproven on a consistent nrl basis vs milf who is that out of form he was sent to QCup so both are equally as risky. What if the same unfit, can’t tackle milf turns up and plays like he did for the donkeys and we are back to square one. For me I’d be trying to poach a Maloney, Austin, Sezet from the superleague a proven veteran on a short term deal.

Boyd was ok but a poor defender but hard to gauge off a few games.

What about JC he was super impressive filling in for AJ and can AJ play 5/8

What about the peach. He seems about the same as Milf but can create when he has to maybe just too bombastic for what we need

I just don’t think we are Milf or bust as far as 2022 is concerned as that’s just a big a risk as Turner. Again either will be an improvement over Ash. If it’s peanuts then. Fair enough but if Ash can’t get 300k for his services I wouldn’t be paying milf much more.

On Niu I’d love to have him but where do you play him. AJ, Thompson and Marzhew have the FB amd Wings locked down
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 26-07-21 at 08:51 PM.

I supported Boyd earlier in the year till we saw more of him and found out he can't tackle, nor did he really look capable of controlling a game.
    I've barely seen anything of Turner but from everything I've read he's a good up & coming talent.
    Fogarty just doesn't do it for me anymore. Looks old, slow and too predictable.
    Ash is cooked, and was outshined by his rookie halves partner in Sexton against the Dragons.

Milford's performances of the past few years have hands-down been some of the worst performances I've seen of any halfback ever. He was THAT bad, and yes, I'd go as far as to say even worse than any of Taylor's cruddy performances. But as MT said, the difference is Milford has shown brilliance in the past, Ash has not. 2015 Milf was incredible, by far the best halfback in the comp that year, full of confidence and his defence wasn't really a big issue either given the players he had around him. I do wonder whether a change of club, scenery, coaching etc could help unlock some of that talent within him again. But it's a huge risk, unless he's only on a very cheap contract.