Page 129 of 176 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2626
    Immortal

It would certainly be a rare scenerio but Thomas Weaver is mature enough to be able to handle the step up if that is the path that is taken with him.

It would not surprise if after the completion of his school boy commitments this season that Thomas Weaver gets a game or two in Colts towards the end of this year just to get his feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    Is that something often? And how would that affect his development?

TITANS SET SIGHTS ON ORIGIN DYNAMO – BUT FIFITAREMAINS ISSUE
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

TITANS coach Justin Holbrook has spoken about his desire to bring NSW Origin star Dale Finucane to the Gold Coast and defended his use of inconsistent David Fifita.

The Titans are one of six clubs in the race to sign Finucane as he weighs up leaving the Melbourne Storm for a lucrative contract elsewhere.

The Gold Coast already boast a host of quality young forwards in the likes of Queensland Origin stars Moeaki Fotuaika, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Fifita, while New Zealand Test prop Isaac Liu will join the club next year.

But Holbrook thinks an experienced campaigner in Finucane could provide the leadership needed to mould the Titans into an NRL finals force.

Holbrook played down the Gold Coast’s pursuit of Finucane but said he would be a quality acquisition. “A player of his experience and professionalism, the way he plays ... is why so many clubs have shown interest.”

Holbrook has more pressing issues on his plate. The Titans are floundering in 11th spot on the ladder, now two wins out of the top eight after Canberra’s upset win against Parramatta on Thursday night.

They are desperate to beat the Dragons at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday afternoon in what shapes as a must-win clash. To do that, the Titans will need more from Fifita, who was benched after 30 minutes in last week’s loss to the Eels.

The Gold Coast’s highest-paid player on $1.1 million this season, Fifita has this week been accused of being “lazy” and not getting involved enough. Holbrook admitted the Titans needed Fifita to fire.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Finucane has signed with the Sharks for 4 years so we can put that to bed and extend Mo

QLD Cup

Looks like we were never really in the race for Finucane. Makes sense when we just bought Liu.

Good extend Mo and sign a bloody Hooker already

- - - Updated - - -

Don't care if we have to think outside the box and look at Matt Parcell in super league, check out Blayke Brailey at the Sharks depending on where Cam McInnes plays next year, Tom Starling will surely get agitated if Hodgson keeps starting, could even look at Connor Watson for 9, and the obvious one is Brandon Smith for 2023. Just get someone good

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot Daryl Clarke too

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Finucane has signed with the Sharks for 4 years so we can put that to bed and extend Mo
    Good stuff

4 years is way too much risk no matter how good Finucane is

We'll be going hard for Brandon Smith in 2023 I reckon. Ezra a huge fan. Expect we'll be tabling in the vicinity of 800k+ a season, easily.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    We'll be going hard for Brandon Smith in 2023 I reckon. Ezra a huge fan. Expect we'll be tabling in the vicinity of 800k+ a season, easily.
    Saw an article today saying that Cheese is happy playing lock and Bellamy wants to re-sign him on big dollars as Finucane’s replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I hope this is true HS I was on the fence with him at the start of the year 50/50, but seeing how well he has been playing since he has slimmed down and how much work he does in defense I believe he should be our number 1 target signing. I don't think he would be able to turn down the money and the qld lifestyle. I just hope we sign him this year (after Nov 1) to give more weight for an early release.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Good stuff

4 years is way too much risk no matter how good Finucane is
    Agreed mate 4 years for an ageing Finucane when the game is speeding up and he will be on huge dollars (I know Liu is a year older but shorter contract and a lot cheaper I imagine).

Look id love the cheese but I doesn’t seem like he wants to leave the storm and as long as Bellamy is there I can’t see it happening. The sad thing is I know for an absolute fact of Cam Smith stayed on Grant was keen to sign with us.

I think Smith is worth marquee coin, especially with the shortage of quality hookers in the NRL. He’s changed his output a bit to play bigger minutes but what he’s shown this year on both sides of the ball is massive.

Re Finucane - I thought Liu was a year older too but they’re actually born same year, something like 4 months apart. 4 year deal was obv what got it over the line but I agree it’s too long. He’ll be 34 and hes already experiencing some pretty regular injury woes.

Inactive User

I’m relieved we didn’t get Finucane

First Grader

I doubt we will get Smith

Comfortable even relieved we’re not getting Finucane … our team will be one year older and a lot smarter in 2022. Today’s team with Turner, JC, Liu minus Taylor, Proctor and Rein plus a 9 is about the best I can ask for.

I think we are short a strike center, pity about Spry, although Marsters should be there about.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Comfortable even relieved we’re not getting Finucane … our team will be one year older and a lot smarter in 2022. Today’s team with Turner, JC, Liu minus Taylor, Proctor and Rein plus a 9 is about the best I can ask for.

I think we are short a strike center, pity about Spry, although Marsters should be there about.
    Marsters might get a run next week with Herbert on report