Page 125 of 176 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2626
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    My bad mate.. Could easily be seen as a legit take on this forum.
    Haha no worries mate I definitely understand where you are coming from. when I posted it I’m like I hope people understand I’m taking the piss. That’s why special K got the mention

Canberra doing to Parramatta what we couldn't do to them last week.

Eels Papalii 174 metres, 26 tackles, none missed, on a quarter of Fifita's pay cheque. Does that every week. Isn't that what we should expect out of a $1.2 million backrower?
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 22-07-21 at 08:45 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Canberra doing to Parramatta what we couldn't do to them last week.

Eels Papalii 174 metres, 26 tackles, none missed, on a quarter of Fifita's pay cheque. Does that every week.
    Alternatively, Eels are failing to do to Canberra what we did to them 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Alternatively, Eels are failing to do to Canberra what we did to them 3 weeks ago.
    Let's be honest, Canberra were complete garbage when we played them. They were a totally different team tonight, and just knocked off a team in the top 4. We haven't beaten a team in the 8 all year (apart from Canberra a few weeks ago).

It's unfortunate many people don't want to talk about the many glaringly obvious issues at this club on this forum, it's almost as though some of you seem pretty happy to be missing finals footy again, or just dismiss it entirely as just another year. I'm sorry but it's just not good enough.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 22-07-21 at 08:59 PM.

Rep Player

Let's be honest, Canberra were complete garbage when we played them. They were a totally different team tonight, and just knocked off a team in the top 4. We haven't beaten a team in the 8 all year (apart from Canberra a few weeks ago).

It's unfortunate many people don't want to talk about the issues at this club on this forum, many of you seem pretty happy to be missing finals footy again, or just dismiss it entirely as just another year. I honestly can't understand that line of thinking.
    Canberra were garbage when we played them and Eels were garbage tonight.

Canberra were garbage when we played them and Eels were garbage tonight.
    Is that why the Eels only lost by 2 points?

Do you even watch rugby league apart from Titans games?

Rep Player

Is that why the Eels only lost by 2 points?

Do you even watch rugby league apart from Titans games?
    To a Canberra team with Sam Williams and Matt Frawley in the halves

To a Canberra team with Sam Williams and Matt Frawley in the halves
    No Mitch Moses doesn't help.

We had our full team last week and still couldn't get the job done. So frustrating. All I want is for my team to do well on a consistent enough basis, at least, enough to make finals by season's end, but the way the comp's going we're going to finish lower than we did last year. So sick of all the excuses. Every single year it's the same damn thing.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 22-07-21 at 09:20 PM.

Rep Player

No Mitch Moses doesn't help.

We had our full team last week and still couldn't get the job done. So frustrating. All I want is for my team to do well on a consistent enough basis, at least, enough to make finals by season's end, but the way the comp's going we're going to finish lower than we did last year. So sick of all the excuses.
    I think you're on your own there, soldier. I for one have tuned in every week for 15 years hoping for a loss.

I think you're on your own there, soldier. I for one have tuned in every week for 15 years hoping for a loss.

For real though, aren't you sick of seeing your team lose nearly every week, every year, for the past 10 years?

Rep Player

For real though, aren't you sick of seeing your team lose nearly every week, every year, for the past 10 years?
    Yes, but I also try to be pragmatic and realise that dynasties aren’t built overnight. When I invest money, I don’t look at the absolute position the investment is currently in; I look at where I think it will be at a particular point in the future. That is, I consider the direction it is heading in to be more important than its current position. I apply the same mindset to the investment of my time in watching football.

I think our administration is making the right moves to set us up for the future. Sure, there are problems with the current roster and even some aspects of the coaching that we can focus on, but the bigger picture is that we’ve got one, possibly two, premiership winning pack leaders on the way when only a couple of years ago we had Shannon Boyd and Bryce Cartwright on the roster. Our overpaid lipdropper is on his way out and taking his turnstile mate Peachey with him. Rein and Proctor unlikely to be re-signed. Rumors of Brandon Smith. A solid junior pathways system in place and nearing maturity with some very talented youngsters not far off first grade.

That’s why I’m not so bothered by the short term pain. Holbrook hasn’t even been in the job long enough to turn over Garth’s roster. If our administration were a shambles like the Tigers, or like the Titans a mere 5 years ago, perhaps I’d join you in the pessimism. There are plenty of things in life to eternally rage about but right now I’m happy to invest my time in watching the Titans.

Canberras defence was up to the task last night and their captain didn't get 10 in the bin for avoidable tackles. We should be better than what we show and that's frustrating. In a year when we were "for sure" making the 8 we don't deserve to be there and probably won't anyway.

It's unfortunate many people don't want to talk about the many glaringly obvious issues at this club on this forum, it's almost as though some of you seem pretty happy to be missing finals footy again, or just dismiss it entirely as just another year. I'm sorry but it's just not good enough.
    Didn’t you rage quit the forum last weekend during the loss? Glad to see you recovered

I don’t want to speak on behalf of the forum but obviously anyone here is disappointed if we don’t make finals. But I also think there is a sense of rationality around here that we probably aren’t as good as the papers made us out to be coming into this season. Is there still things to like? Absolutely. Willhelm summarised this pretty well. IMO if you’ve got major issues with the fact Fifita isn’t single handedly dragging us into the 8 then I don’t know what to tell you. Every team has players on big money.

Honestly mate and I say this in all seriousness, maybe start your own thread where you can consolidate all of this type of discussion and converse about those apparently glaringly obvious issues with others who want to discuss it. This would add more value to the forum and might allow for some good discussion.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 23-07-21 at 06:36 AM.

In other news - Sam Stone has signed a deal in the UK and will be heading off prior to the end of this season

First Grader

Whilst it is only a rumour has anyone else heard that Ikin has been in secret talks with Mo to move to Broncos in 2023 to be announced after 1 November
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 23-07-21 at 07:26 AM.