Page 119 of 176 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 129 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2626
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    My understanding is that he did move down there with her and they were living together but broke up a while ago.
    This is what is being reported in todays CM

"Arrow has been in a relationship with prominent Sydney-based model Taylah Cannon, who was crowned Miss World Australia in 2018.

When Arrow was weighing up a move to Sydney from the Gold Coast Titans in late 2019, he is believed to have taken Cannon’s modelling prospects into consideration.

The couple have been separated at times over the years, however they reconnected and have been living together in Sydney.

Cannon was by Arrow’s side in the Queensland dressing rooms following the Maroons’ heavy Game One loss."

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    This is what is being reported in todays CM

"Arrow has been in a relationship with prominent Sydney-based model Taylah Cannon, who was crowned Miss World Australia in 2018.

When Arrow was weighing up a move to Sydney from the Gold Coast Titans in late 2019, he is believed to have taken Cannon’s modelling prospects into consideration.

The couple have been separated at times over the years, however they reconnected and have been living together in Sydney.

Cannon was by Arrow’s side in the Queensland dressing rooms following the Maroons’ heavy Game One loss."
    Sounds like they’re on again off again… maybe permanently off this time

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’m thinking Tino might be the one asked to take his 2nd row starting position
    I for one hope your right there Bods…be interesting to see how he performs out there.
    Previously I've stated that may suit him better at this stage of his development.

Courier mail reporting that we have extended Toby Sexton until 2024 on 500k a year

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    Courier mail reporting that we have extended Toby Sexton until 2024 on 500k a year
    Surely thats wrong, who in their right mind would sign a kid who hasn't made his debut for 500k a year. We announced that he extended 2 weeks ago as well.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Surely thats wrong, who in their right mind would sign a kid who hasn't made his debut for 500k a year. We announced that he extended 2 weeks ago as well.
    It actually states he is signed to 2024 with close to $500k at the end. As such it is reporting the high amount in 2024 but does not state how much in 2022 and 2023. It is a staged contract which often occurs so it may average $350k a year over the 3 years

Yeah WD you’re defs closer to the mark I’d say

I probably don’t need to say this but just the annual reminder that the Courier Mail (or any other media outlet) tend to exaggerate or make up numbers by a fair bit. Player salaries in the paper and player salaries IRL are often a fair way apart. Like think about it, what manager or club is going to tell Peter Badel how much a player is getting paid lol srsly. Gets clicks though.

Have you guys seen SJ’s latest interview when asked about how close he was to joining the bulldogs? After all that media noise about it. He laughed and pretty much said it wasn’t even close to being accurate and said the media had no idea. Good watch actually

I hate back-ended contracts on unproven players but am backing that Holbrook & Co know enough to make a decision like that on Toby..

Rep Player

Let’s not forget that Courier Mail is owned by News Corp who also own the Broncos

First Grader

Connor Watson is shopping himself around as he has rejected the Knights offer. I have no other details but would be a good pickup as a hooker

Connor Watson is shopping himself around as he has rejected the Knights offer. I have no other details but would be a good pickup as a hooker
    doesn't do it for me personally.

Rep Player

I’m a big fan of him. Plugs in anywhere, adds spark and can tackle like a machine. If peachy wants too much I’d be going at him

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I’m a big fan of him. Plugs in anywhere, adds spark and can tackle like a machine. If peachy wants too much I’d be going at him
    I'm also all for Conor Watson if we lose Peachey. The missus is a Knight's supporter (pls forgive her) but he has been great this year, he's super fit, competes on every play, has bulked up a fair bit and is still quick off the mark playing eyes up footy.

Ok with Watson.

Very much enjoying watching Bears/Gulls game live and very homesick. A lot to like from both sides. Commentary said Spry was peeved when we signed Marsters and asked for a release. Can understand that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Ok with Watson.

Very much enjoying watching Bears/Gulls game live and very homesick. A lot to like from both sides. Commentary said Spry was peeved when we signed Marsters and asked for a release. Can understand that.
    I heard that too but it's incorrect about Spry mate. He was released a while before we signed Marsters.

- - - Updated - - -

Shallin Fuller again with some pretty spectacular touches to bring Burleigh back into the game

Thanks HS … good game this now … Fuller/Brimson good battle also some willing young backrowers.

Lol at Niko’s effort.
    Last edited by Titanic; 10-07-21 at 03:49 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.