Page 113 of 176 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 123 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2626
    First Grader

We potentially have a swag of money to sign some quality if only we start making decisions on some of the players who are not performing. Ash $1million, Proctor $600k , ESE ESE $400k, Peachy $500k, Rein $300k, Don $150 k and I read some where we had a $500K underspend this year.

That’s a lot of potential coin to get quality in the side and climb out of 13th and we just need to start making the hard decisions now as every other bottom club is currently doing who are landing some real quality
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 02-07-21 at 02:02 PM.

I personally think Philip Sami is like a Suzuki Jimny sure on the outside it sort of looks quite similar to a Mercedes G Wagon or a Land Rover Defender or even the cheaper Jeep Wrangler. But on the inside it's a Suzuki Jimny and has a 1.5ltr 4cyl engine, just enough power to move but not enough power to get out of the RedZone, hunt down a NSW Josh 'G Wagon' Carr or a vehicle we can't even get a good trade in price for. It's a lemon!

[QUOTE=5 Year Contract;417009]I thought he had signed with the Bulldogs but may just be a rumour

Zac (Kobe's twin) was at the dogs but he came back and is with Ipswich. Haven't heard the rumour about Kobe.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    We potentially have a swag of money to sign some quality if only we start making decisions on some of the players who are not performing. Ash $1million, Proctor $600k , ESE ESE $400k, Peachy $500k, Rein $300k, Don $150 k and I read some where we had a $500K underspend this year.

That’s a lot of potential coin to get quality in the side and climb out of 13th and we just need to start making the hard decisions now as every other bottom club is currently doing who are landing some real quality
    Keep in mind that we have upgraded AJ so some of that excess is already spent.

I didn’t actually think that Ese Ese was that bad apart from that brain fart that he did. He very much seems to be on the outer now though.

Can’t agree with you on Peachey. I’d be happy to move Yino back to the bench for a while and leave Peachey as our starting lock. I realise that his defence is not as good as a larger body but he is a key factor in why our team can actually score points now. If we had no Peachey or Fafita then our points for would look very different than what they do now.

Losing Peachey worries me too, considering it was he and JC that had all the try assists last week.

Our attack is strong because of peachey. We should be re signing him. End of story.

First Grader

Appreciate the different views but the real point I was trying to make is decisions need to be made now on who they are keeping or not. Other clubs have and they are getting traction. Titans on the other appear to be in 1st gear with indecision

I can definitely see the Peach appeal..but I’m really firmly in the camp that his defensive liability is a bigger problem than it seems because we’re more attuned to highlighting our easy-to-exploit defensive woes with our goal line D on the edges. The most important defensive stat in the 2021 game across 80 minutes of football - tackles won - he’s far too ineffective for a middle forward to do the fundamentals of his job and his diamond moments (which seem to exclusively be against weakened or poor teams) doesn’t do enough to excuse those negs and makes him an unreliable enough option if we want to compete with the top teams IMO.

He’s amazing for a few sets a game when we’re in good ball but I think we can still score points without him.

Got to give him and/or Holbrook credit though…Peach was playing deadset horrible before about halfway through last season and he’s improved dramatically.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 02-07-21 at 07:07 PM.

His value in the team would reduce dramatically if our halfs did their job.

HS and JB spot on … Peach is good for an occasional diamond, a lot defensive misreads, errors galore and an inflated profile due to our spine’s inefficiency.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    His value in the team would reduce dramatically if our halfs did their job.
    Maybe so, but we are going to have the same half’s on our books next year. I’m not disputing that he has defensive flaws but I remember the days when we couldn’t score point and played boring rugby. It’s no coincidence that the games where we have started fast, Peachey has started.

Our halves and centre’s let in far more points than our middle when he’s on the field

Maloney has another good game for the Dragons. But the guy that impresses me is his halves partner Josh Drinkwater.
    Saw a bit of him with Wests Maggies before he went back to England. Classy player.

I think we are getting Nikorima to replace Peachey JunctionBlock but I am not 100% sure but I like Peachey in attack but when he gets under the pump all the silly errors creep in
    I just think we have no one to control us in the ruck to know when to run ,slow the play down, get the ball out quick and tighten up the middle in defence Clark is improving but has a fair ways to go I think
    Mofo for me is our better option out of our forward to put at lock make us 130+ metre and 40 odd tackles a game and does not misss many at all I know this wont happen
    I know most off us have written off our chances this year but I think we can get there still all we need is to get on a roll like last year
    Find that defence and our attack will come out

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry just read Nikorima is staying at Warriors so blow what I just said out of the water

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.zerotackle.com/warriors-playmaker-triggers-extension-clause-nrl-news-103799/

GOLD COAST BULLETIN

’RECKLESS’ PLAYERS TO BLAME FOR TITANS’ DEFENSIVE WOES: HOLBROOK
    Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook blamed the “reckless” defensive decisions of Titans players for the club’s catastrophic record without the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Maybe so, but we are going to have the same half’s on our books next year.
    I bloody hope not…what a disaster.
    The speed attribute Taylor once possessed that gave him any chance of overcoming his other deficiencies has now diminished.
    Taylor is done and dished so lets get real and get on with it.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    GOLD COAST BULLETIN

’RECKLESS’ PLAYERS TO BLAME FOR TITANS’ DEFENSIVE WOES: HOLBROOK
    Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook blamed the “reckless” defensive decisions of Titans players for the club’s catastrophic record without the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

I bloody hope not…what a disaster.
    The speed attribute Taylor once possessed that gave him any chance of overcoming his other deficiencies has now diminished.
    Taylor is done and dished so lets get real and get on with it.
    Agree 100 per cent. The decisive decision making by fhis club is non existent. They have had 15 rounds to make a decision on Taylor and the others coming off contract and should know now what they are going to do.

This inaction in decision making puts next year and future years behind and we wonder why we fail to improve as a club