Page 110 of 176 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 120 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    Some real dour people in here. We needed. Leader like Liu to like lead our pack. The amount of times we fall apart under pressure this year and we blow out a lead isn’t funny. Lord knows proctor isn’t bringing that starch. Could be a Smokey for captain imo he’s a toilet which is what made our 2016 side so likeable. Toiling and grit
    Why is Lui a better player or leader or captain material than KP?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Noooooooo

B Smith for 2023 I'd put my house on it

No need to trade Tino to get him a year earlier

edit to include quote reply to JB for context
    So I'll put you down as an "undecided"

GT I see you complaining about him being injured but is that just you finding a reason to be upset or is there some rational there? He's played 14 games this year. Seems to be pretty durable?
    He's 30. He's not getting any younger and neither is his body.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

- - - Updated - - -

For clarity

I’m good with Liu

I’m no @ trading Tino for B Smith

I think we’ll sign B Smith for 2023 when he’s off contract anyway so won’t need to trade anyone for him

And as for Tino, is the kid being coached poorly, is our spine making him look bad or is he just not that good (yet)? Because he was awful during both Origin games as well, completely outshined by Mo, and has been very average for us for most of the year. What's the excuse for yet another big signing not living up to the hype at this club?
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 01-07-21 at 06:36 PM.

I think it’s a good signing and ticks all the boxes.
    Kind of a junior coming from Keebra Park, experienced and comes from one of the best teams.
    We have a very talented and young forward pack. Lui is just the sort of player that they need to learn from.
    What’s strange is I cannot really remember much about him even though I’ve watched him play. The roosters have so much talent he really goes by unnoticed from me. The titans pack has heaps of talent as well and he might be just the no frills player that we need.

Inactive User

I’ve already expressed I don’t support his signing due to his age.

I’m ok with Liu … just because we need other key positions doesn’t mean we ignore everything else.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’ve already expressed I don’t support his signing due to his age.
    Sounds good, let's just fill a team with 20 year olds and we are good to go. We see how that's gone this year...

Don't get why people are so against him. Proven premiership winner who is still only 30 (most players play until 35 at least), is consistent, barely gets injured (averages 23 games per year @ GT101 so not injury prone) and would not be on huge dollars. Agreed 2 years would've been better but that's about the only question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    CM reporting

"In other player movement news, the Titans have signed Liu on a three-year deal to join Gold Coast’s already impressive forward pack.
    Come again? Impressive forward pack? Probably going no better than last year.

Just please sign a hooker and halves. Concentrate on that.

Rep Player

3 years at 30 is rough but for the right price why not. Experienced leader who has been to the biggest stage. If signing Liu means the end of proctor I’m all for it.

Rep Player

I can only assume those moaning about Liu haven’t actually watched him play. Excellent middle defender, tidy around the ruck, and no frills as T83 said. He’s a quiet achiever like Mo. Keeps going under fatigue and won’t be a penalty magnet like Wallace or Peachey. Also no major injury history so not overly concerned about signing him until he’s 33.

Now that we’ve secured Liu I’m happy for Finucane to go elsewhere. Liu will slot in nicely at 13 and I’d actually be moving Tino to Proctor’s position. He moves too laterally to be a middle imo.

Next up, Brandon Smith. Chuck a million at him, I don’t care, just do what it takes to get him here.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I can only assume those moaning about Liu haven’t actually watched him play. Excellent middle defender, tidy around the ruck, and no frills as T83 said. He’s a quiet achiever like Mo. Keeps going under fatigue and won’t be a penalty magnet like Wallace or Peachey. Also no major injury history so not overly concerned about signing him until he’s 33.

Now that we’ve secured Liu I’m happy for Finucane to go elsewhere. Liu will slot in nicely at 13 and I’d actually be moving Tino to Proctor’s position. He moves too laterally to be a middle imo.

Next up, Brandon Smith. Chuck a million at him, I don’t care, just do what it takes to get him here.
    Great post!I was literally about to post that about Tino. I think you will see his game improve out of sight playing wide instead of the middle which will be a great benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I haven’t rated proctor since waiting for him to come good since 2018. His purple patch of form in a contract year gets rewarded and he reverts back to passive proctor. He’s a good guy off field but on the field not a leader who can pull the heads in of these young bucks who need a proper calming influence. Roosters fans are gutted too so I think we’ve done a good deal here

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    I haven’t rated proctor since waiting for him to come good since 2018. His purple patch of form in a contract year gets rewarded and he reverts back to passive proctor. He’s a good guy off field but on the field not a leader who can pull the heads in of these young bucks who need a proper calming influence. Roosters fans are gutted too so I think we’ve done a good deal here
    Fair assessment on KP, I'm just not sure why buying another retiree makes for a good leader, player or captain.

- - - Updated - - -

For clarity

I’m good with Liu

I’m no @ trading Tino for B Smith

I think we’ll sign B Smith for 2023 when he’s off contract anyway so won’t need to trade anyone for him
    I was being facetious as your POV was very clear

Im embarrassed I missed that JB

Ban me for a week