Page 159 of 176 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    It wouldn't be at the expense of Mo though as they play different positions and Pepsi is apparently on peanuts anyway.
    Purely a reference to the salary cap and my simple logic that Pepsi is taking minutes off a middle forward. I get it if Mo is being handled through niggles but it’s still minutes.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

To be successful you have to entice locals like Mo to play for a bit under their worth elsewhere

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    To be successful you have to entice locals like Mo to play for a bit under their worth elsewhere
    Exactly, gun locals taking 50 - 75k less to not have to relocate their families plus getting to play infront of their local friends and family. Over paying for locals is not the answer imo

If we always overpaid for locals we'd be stuck with the likes of Max King, Morgan Boyle, Keegan Hipgrave etc, all of which have gone on to do basically nothing they hadn't already done while they were with us.

But Mo is an exception to that rule since he's a talented footballer and he's awesome, and would be a big loss to the club, unlike those other 3.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 13-08-21 at 07:01 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    If we always overpaid for locals we'd be stuck with the likes of Max King, Morgan Boyle, Keegan Hipgrave etc, all of which have gone on to do basically nothing they didn't already do while they were with us.

But Mo is an exception to that rule since he's awesome and would be a big loss to the club, unlike those other 3.
    Boyle wasn’t a local junior. We signed him from Canberra if I recall. Take your point overall but Mo is a completely separate class to those listed.

Boyle wasn’t a local junior. We signed him from Canberra if I recall. Take your point overall but Mo is a completely separate class to those listed.
    Didn't realise that, always thought he was ours.

First Grader

I subscribe that you pay market value. The issue for juniors is that if there is parity in offers or slight difference, you would want the junior to remain with their club. I think Mo’s best years are ahead of him, has a great motor and is the leading front tower. I would be offering him $700k

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I subscribe that you pay market value. The issue for juniors is that if there is parity in offers or slight difference, you would want the junior to remain with their club. I think Mo’s best years are ahead of him, has a great motor and is the leading front tower. I would be offering him $700k
    Mo is building into a solid performer but I would suggest we are royally F@CKED if we pay this type of money to retain his services.

Moes value to the roosters would be 600k but to someone like the dogs or tigers it would be 800k. It just depends on how much money we want to spend on forwards. We have spent a fortune on Fifita and tino. But there’s no one else in the pack on big money once jwal leaves. If we only offer him 600k he will be leaving because it’s to much money left on the table. I would offer him 700k because he’s seems like a great guy, works hard, local and a origin rep. He’s a absolute beast and his next few years will get even better

How much are we going to be paying Liu?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    How much are we going to be paying Liu?
    I think I read 400k?

I think I read 400k?
    Thanks man…he was very solid in his first 26m stint tonight

Isnt there a 250k in the cap for a local that been with the club so long so with that in mind I think 700k would not be out of place for a State of origin prop and so young and is getting better with age But even without that 250 he is worth 700k

700k no doubt can’t believe anybody on here doesn’t want him except maybe a_guest.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Hate to think what MO will be worth once he has some experience

Finucane -750k
    Pangai Junior - 750k
    Angus Crichton - 720k
    Tohu Harris - 700K
    Waerea-Hargreaves - 700K
    Asofa-Solomona - 675K
    Josh Papalii - 660K
    Junior Paulo - 610k

- - - Updated - - -

To much money is getting throw around to these young kids IMO