Page 105 of 176 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2626
    Rep Player

One positive about having AJ at 6 would be he is an excellent defender. Now he just needs to learn to pass and kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Not really, hence why I said it MT. I don't think it's as much of an unusual opinion as you're making it out to be as well.

You'd be ok with signing a player for 700k+ in a position we're already surplus in, at the cost of potentially losing our best junior, to win us one extra game?
    I think I will leave it after here HS as we are miles apart on this (good with that).

Laughable to say we are surplus in that position. In numbers perhaps, in ability below just about every other side. I gave an example of one extra game ,he would win us many more than that. We would also solved our captaincy issue.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 25-06-21 at 05:52 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    You can’t tell me signing Reynolds and releasing Ash would not be a massive improvement. You are also relying on juniors who have yet to prove themselves. Already Boyd is struggling and you want to wait and see whether they make the trade. Weaver is still at school!!!

Yes don’t worry about massively improving the squad now and hope for the best in a couple of years down the track. That and extending Fogerty just beggars belief with our recruitment
    I think HS is thinking in terms of where we could get our best bang for buck. Of course Reynolds would be a big upgrade over Fogarty and/or Ash, but a similarly priced 9 would be an even bigger upgrade over Rein. Particularly since HS has also pointed out how stacked we are for depth in the 7 jersey (nevermind quality — the spots in the 30 are already assigned).

Call me crazy, but I still think we should look into starling at hooker.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I still think we should look into starling at hooker.
    For 2023? He’s contracted to the Raiders next year. If we’re targeting a hooker for 2023 I’d rather Brandon Smith or Api Koroisau.

You can’t tell me signing Reynolds and releasing Ash would not be a massive improvement. You are also relying on juniors who have yet to prove themselves. Already Boyd is struggling and you want to wait and see whether they make the trade. Weaver is still at school!!!

Yes don’t worry about massively improving the squad now and hope for the best in a couple of years down the track. That and extending Fogerty just beggars belief with our recruitment
    Couldn’t have said it better.

You've missed the point as usual. By a fair way. I did not say any of that.

I'm not even going to bother re-explaining.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I think HS is thinking in terms of where we could get our best bang for buck. Of course Reynolds would be a big upgrade over Fogarty and/or Ash, but a similarly priced 9 would be an even bigger upgrade over Rein. Particularly since HS has also pointed out how stacked we are for depth in the 7 jersey (nevermind quality — the spots in the 30 are already assigned).
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 25-06-21 at 06:24 PM.

Yep, I too would have used Taylor's money towards Reynolds, and played Turner alongside him, Fogs as nothing more than a backup half. I don't think there's any point being stacked with halves if they're all next to useless.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 25-06-21 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Yep, I too would have used Taylor's money towards Reynolds, and played Turner alongside him, Fogs as nothing more than a backup half. I don't think there's any point being stacked with halves if they're all next to useless.
    Yes, on paper Reynolds swap for Taylor is easy decision. But what if we don’t have $800k to spend on a half. What if we had already made the decision we wouldn’t be resigning Taylor and put some of his coin aside to sign Fifita and Tino and then had some set aside for a hooker.

I could get the outcry if we extended Taylor for similar money to what he is on , but extending Fogarty for 1 yr on probably a quarter of Taylor’s money is not the end of the world.

I was disappointed we resigned Proctor for a year prior to this season, but on reflection we have a very young pack (and team for that matter so we needed some experience). A player like Finucane would be perfect around young emerging players like Tino, Fifita, Fermor, Mo and Joliffe.

Rep Player

I saw on Clarkeys page last night he had a Q and A with JC. Said he grew up playing 5/8 before shifting to fullback...wonder if he would be better suited then AJ long term....but again with only 2 games of first grade under his belt in probably just throwing stuff at a wall and hoping it sticks. I think if you could get a Brandon Smith to get our forwards rolling it would take the pressure off the halves.

We still lack a attacking kicking game and the less said about our edges the better. The club is obviously happy to let the halves on the market continue to go. Maybe we are looking abroad. They surely need a contingency for when they let Ash go (unless it’s Turner). All will reveal in the next 3 months I imagine

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    You've missed the point as usual. By a fair way. I did not say any of that.

I'm not even going to bother re-explaining.

Thank you.
    We will just agree to disagree as usual

Ash Taylor this season in his limited games has shown me glimpses of the class he showed in 2016/2017 when he earns his big contract. While he obviously hasn't lived up to it, I think it would be ridiculous to give up on him now. His kick game is 10x better than what Tanah Boyd and Jamal Fogarty have offered all season.

What we do lack is the spark and a running game from our half. Teams like the Storm have Jahrome Hughes to break open a game, the Panthers have Jerome Luai, and the Eels have Mitch Moses. This is somewhere I see Paul Turner who is lightning quick and has a running game to him. A combo of Turner and Taylor would be something I'd be pretty happy with next season.

Jamal Fogarty, is a guy that any club would love to have in their top 30 but never needs to play I feel. He brings the leadership that can easily be used off the field to bring through our young halves like Weaver and Sexton, but I believe also is on cheap enough money to play for Burleigh most weeks and just train with the Titans all week.

For next season at least we need to make do with what we have in the squad as I think going into 2022 with more than 6 halves is too many. the top teams that we should be aiming to compete with over the coming seasons have their X-factor players, then either a cheap seasoned veterans or young up and comers as back ups. The Titans obviously have the latter with up and comers, and our X-factor in other positions but Paul Turner is a gun. He will light up the titans attack with his running game and his heads up style of footy, something that the Titans seem to always play.

Lastly our hooking stocks need to be dealt with drastically. Does anyone reckon a team would be willing to trade Tanah Boyd? perhaps to a team that has an abundance of hookers and or lack of halves. I'm thinking maybe someone like the Cowboys or even the sharks. Blayke Brailey would be a get for me but I'm not sure if he would be attainable. I reckon they would be interested in Tanah as a back up to Nicho Hynes.

We will just agree to disagree as usual
    Lol i’m not even sure we’re disagreeing because I wasn’t saying any of what you’ve indicated I was saying. In fact I’m in the same boat on some of your points and haven’t said anything to suggest otherwise. I’m sorry but you have entirely misunderstood or missed my point mate.

All good though. No fuss here.

I was behind the Goal post last game against Manly and I made a real effort to keep my eye on Taylor in that first half when we were camped down that end for a fair bit.
    That half of football crystallised the Taylor conundrum for me…Taylor is a misconception and needs to be moved on without doubt.
    Lets try and get something out of this season so AJ to 5/8 triple please!

Great to see us sign Herbert for 2 more years
    also read Johnson is back to Warriors
    There’s also a chance Johnson’s signing could trigger a chain reaction that sees Nikorima join the Gold Coast Titans,

The 27-year-old, who joined the Warriors in 2019, has a clause in his contract that allows him to return to a Queensland-based team.
    I can see him replacing Peachy as our MR fix it how many time have he carved us up with his speed
    I for 1 would not say no to it

- - - Updated - - -

sorry was old news I am guessing lol bit slow over here in WA to get the up to date info