Page 92 of 176 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    One reason was that his brother plays for Tweed Heads in the Queensland Cup.
    Wow, wasn't aware of that. Thanks mdrew.

Turner is a good buy. Tall lad for a No.6 and with great speed and a good step off both feet. Kicking game good, also. I remember when he made his debut in NRL against the Dogs, The Mole described his debut as the best debut by a Kiwi 7 or 6 since Benji debuted.

He was due to be part of the swap between Warriors and Broncos with Reece Walsh. Turner wants to get over here to be with his brother. The Broncos tried to change ( read low-ball) the deal after it was done so he pulled out. Warrior really wanted to keep him. Just look up his YouTube highlights and you will see we have a good one. The Warriors forum had some teary people also.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Guess we don't need SJ. So who loses? ATay or El Captano

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    He kind of reminds me of a Cody Walker / Tui Lolohea hybrid. I wonder if we ever decide to just load up on dynamic, instinctual, lethal attacking types that thrive in broken play at the 7,6 & 1 in PT, AJ & Jay C in the future, can't be any worse than Fogarty-bot's telegraphed bombs to Anthony Don as his lone 5th tackle option.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 07-06-21 at 05:41 PM.

Inactive User

I think we can work around using Turner, Sexton, Boyd, AJ, Campbell, Weaver and Taylor (on a low contract) for the next few years until it becomes absolutely clear who the 1/6/7 should be.
    5 year plan.

Gee i’d like to see a “been there done that” head in there somewhere.
    Boyd is on the outer for mine but hopefully he can prove me wrong.

I have also read somewhere he can play back up hooker could be the next utility for us ???? or ball playing lock didn't someone say he is 6 foot
    I also think Boyd wont be re-signed now we got Turner
    Taylor I have no worries in saying goodbye to him but I would like us to go after L Lam
    Sexton to me has the something x about him just want him to have 2 or 3 games this year to get the taste for it
    Luki from Cowboys would give a good young 2nd row edge player and Atoni 2nd row centre would great cheap pick ups
    Also bring back XAVIER SAVAGE from the raiders fu## he is so quick . Just cant find a Hooker B Smith would be good Maybe we should look at the Storm understudy in Smoothy From the Falcons

Rep Player

What do you see in Lam, JAF?

I think Lam has a good has a bit of team management about him seems to have a bit of time on his hands
    In the games I have seen him play he seems to be able to hold his on in a tackle Where Walker and Keary seem to get hidden in the line when defending I felt a little bit sorry for Boyd the last game as he did get no-one to help him
    I think Sexton really is our half for the future I just hope he not just thrown in next year
    KYLE FLANAGAN would be good as a number 2 half but not to lead the side but just in kicking and taking the pressure of the number 1 half

Rep Player

Fair enough. I’ve not seen it myself and have thought Lam lacks creativity and game sense when I’ve seen him play, but I admittedly don’t watch Roosters games religiously. Hard disagree on Flanagan. Don’t see anything in him at all.

Both Lam and Flanagan have played in a roosters pack with some of the best heads going around and Cronk as a halves coach and have struggled to fire. It will be interesting to see how Lam goes against the titans this weekend.
    Flanagan can't even make the 17 of the worst team in the comp. I feel he has had the shortstraw over the past few years, but when the Roosters and now the Dogs are dropping you, things aren't looking promising.
    We need to go something along the lines of a creative five eight that can run kick and have a little X factor, which is why I like Paul Turner. He would complement a game controlling half like George Williams (if he's even possible. I'd be doing anything I could to get him in a titans jersey) Fogarty hasn't impressed me at all this season. He is a strong leader but you can see why he has struggled to crack first grade over his career.

I also feel as if we need another prop that brings fire power to our squad. Lindsay Collins would be my pick as he is off contract at the end of 2022. He could be our NAS to complement Moe similar to what NAS does with Christian Welch. Collins is also a Queenslander so he could be willing to head back home?

Well said mate. I for one am with you with the Williams/Collins additions if that was possible?

Wow they would be great inclusions IMO

Quote Originally Posted by mitchdox View Post
    I also feel as if we need another prop that brings fire power to our squad. Lindsay Collins would be my pick as he is off contract at the end of 2022. He could be our NAS to complement Moe similar to what NAS does with Christian Welch. Collins is also a Queenslander so he could be willing to head back home?
    Collins is quality. I would take him for sure.

Collins for sure, but it's a no from me on: Williams because of his instability, Lam is just a shadow of his old man and Flanaghan has done what precisely, except grab headlines and lead the rejection stats.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.