Page 32 of 176 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Titans Frontline Instagram page just posted that there is some great news for the club getting released today. Cam Smith ??
    Yep saw the same thing. Sponsor I guess or Member Numbers.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Yeh I wonder what it is.. usually the media release major stuff if it’s a player signing.. probably a signing or some foundation set up or women’s league.. no idea

Inactive User

Seriously when will this CSmith thing stop getting flogged to death?
    It’s not happening.
    Get behind Rein, Clark, Tanah and Peachey to step up.

Rep Player

Where is this Peachey hooker meme coming from?

Personally I don't think it is flogging a dead horse as we are a chance - he hasn't retired yet so obviously he still thinks he has a season left in him. If we sign him that could be massive - it gives our young hookers a great mentor, It would bring some much needed leadership and a calm head and the signing of Smith would also be the perfect pathway into him getting a coaching/mentoring role - just look at Cronk who played over a decade at the storm but the Rooster got him for his last two years and now he is a life member of the club. Of course Smith's ties to the storm will never die but he would become a titan and that is what matters. So really I don't think it is flogging a dead horse - we have a decent chance of snagging his signature and he would be massive for our club

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    Personally I don't think it is flogging a dead horse as we are a chance - he hasn't retired yet so obviously he still thinks he has a season left in him. If we sign him that could be massive - it gives our young hookers a great mentor, It would bring some much needed leadership and a calm head and the signing of Smith would also be the perfect pathway into him getting a coaching/mentoring role - just look at Cronk who played over a decade at the storm but the Rooster got him for his last two years and now he is a life member of the club. Of course Smith's ties to the storm will never die but he would become a titan and that is what matters. So really I don't think it is flogging a dead horse - we have a decent chance of snagging his signature and he would be massive for our club
    I think him playing on is more likely than not.

Apparently the good news from that instagram post might've just been bosh bins coming on as another sponsor. To be honest, I would love for Cam to join the club but the closer we get to the season the less keen I am on the idea. Sure at the Storm he could come in with 2 weeks to go in pre-season and thrive, but he had existing combinations there and knew their playbook. Coming in at this late stage not knowing any of our sets etc and having no combination with the halves/ anyone but Tino... could be a fair disruption. Rein did enough in the last few rounds for me to be content with him as our hooker for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    Apparently the good news from that instagram post might've just been bosh bins coming on as another sponsor. To be honest, I would love for Cam to join the club but the closer we get to the season the less keen I am on the idea. Sure at the Storm he could come in with 2 weeks to go in pre-season and thrive, but he had existing combinations there and knew their playbook. Coming in at this late stage not knowing any of our sets etc and having no combination with the halves/ anyone but Tino... could be a fair disruption. Rein did enough in the last few rounds for me to be content with him as our hooker for the time being.
    I agree with you that I'd love Cam Smith to join (sorry Bods we can't let this die) however it is getting past the point of being fair to the other hookers in the club. Is Smith a better hooker than Rein? By streets in my opinion and that's all that really counts if you want to make finals but it is getting a bit rich if he just walks in to the team now. On the other hand Rein might be attractive to the Broncos now that is seems McCullough is leaving.
    In relation to Smith, I just can't understand if he going to retire, then why not just announce it. I think it is way past the time when Smith should just announce what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I agree with you that I'd love Cam Smith to join (sorry Bods we can't let this die) however it is getting past the point of being fair to the other hookers in the club. Is Smith a better hooker than Rein? By streets in my opinion and that's all that really counts if you want to make finals but it is getting a bit rich if he just walks in to the team now. On the other hand Rein might be attractive to the Broncos now that is seems McCullough is leaving.
    In relation to Smith, I just can't understand if he going to retire, then why not just announce it. I think it is way past the time when Smith should just announce what he is doing.
    Totally agree and posted the same sentiment the other day about how it could upset the team if Cam was jettisoned into the team now.
    Why does he have to announce his retirement? If he chooses not to officially retire that's his choice. He is a free agent so if wants to play on he can. I don't have an issue with him not announcing it, it seems the journo's do as they keep banging on about it.

Heard that players and coaching staff know nothing about Cam SMITH, however a source close to the Club claims they have seen him there twice in the last two weeks. Not sure what this means, but optimistic that he may have something to do with our club in the future.

Probably picking up his family memberships :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I’m happy as long as he doesnt go to the bronchokes that would be devastating

McCullough turned up to his first day of training at the saints yesterday so it's not like it's an unusual prospect for Cam to turn up to a team with little notice and play.

If he comes here it will block T Boyds development as I think he will get a bench spot to give Rein a rest.

Here this we make you all think maybe he will join us round 6
    1 Wait and see how we are travelling
    2 This make the 600k for the season around 1million if it make sense.
    Just to add to it all
    Me I think if he plays he will do it with Storm no other team didn't he say this in his book Or say it in an interview about his book.
    That he always wanted to be a 1 club player

I wonder if "Doing what's best for my family" trumps "I want to be a 1 club player"?