Page 35 of 176 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Completely agree mate, I expected Fifita to come straight on the field and run for no less than 300 metres and score 3 tries in this very important fixture, im writing a very angry worded letter to the Titans and firing it off ASAP pleading them to waive David Fifita's contract completely.
    Man wtf. All I did was give my opinion. I said who I thought played well and who I thought didn't. And I mentioned Fifita because with the whopping big contract he's on, well, yeah, he's kinda expected to play consistently above standard from now on. He was solid tonight but nothing special, and that's completely fine.

But I still have a right to be conscious of the money he's on and what's expected out of him from week to week during the regular season. Like I said in my previous post, we will soon find out.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 20-02-21 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    man wtf. All I did was give my opinion. I said who I thought played well and who I thought didn't. And I mentioned Fifita because with the whopping big contract he's on, well, yeah, he's kinda expected to play consistently above standard from now on.

But I don't know why I bother with this forum anymore. Too many nasty people (and I'm finding that for some reason, it's gotten a lot worse around the www in general of late. I think I might be done here...sick of being told to stfu for having an opinion.

It's not that deep mate, i'm just being a pest.

I have seen some takes around during the game that Fifita has mailed it in etc since he has got the big contract which is obviously an abyss-tier response to a quiet exhibition game. I was impressed with how he looked though physically, very jacked.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    It's not that deep mate, i'm just being a pest.

I have seen some takes around during the game that Fifita has mailed it in etc since he has got the big contract which is obviously an abyss-tier response to a quiet exhibition game. I was impressed with how he looked though physically, very jacked.
    Oh **** no, I don't agree with any of those takes either. It's way too early to be saying any of that. It was dumb I made that comment when I did, but regardless of tonight's game of course I'm still weary of the money he's on and what's expected of him from week to week during the regular season. That was mainly my point. I hadn't really mentioned how I felt about the Fifita signing on here, and I probably shouldn't have said anything in my post relating to tonight's game.

But I'm glad you cleared that up for me...not gonna lie I did take it to heart. I love this club and it's the most excited I've been as a Titans supporter since 2010.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 20-02-21 at 11:47 PM.

I think Fifita will go fine once we actually form our structure with the playing group so he know what lines to run and positions to be in. I think the other teams will do what they did to Tomo and send extra players to mark him in defence, but that means there should open up more gaps if we use him for more decoys

Yeah he didn't have any amazing highlight plays but jeez they needed about 3 blokes on him every tackle and still couldn't get him to ground most the time. I trust the coaching staff will have ways to get the best out of him, not just throw it to him and hope for the best like Broncos did. With all the attention defenders will put on him, Brimmo will be deadly out the back, and because so much focus will be on our right side they can then swing it out to Kelly on the left.

Couldn't care how any of them played in a throw together team, just happy there were no injuries. Can see the caution in Fifita, we don't have a good track record with big money signings.

Anyone going down to Lismore this weekend for the trial?

I thought he went pretty well and no injuries will do me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

7 players involved and no injuries
    A glorious night for GC rugby league

QLD Cup

Fafita had the most run metres of any forward. Without setting the world on fire, he had a fairly solid game I thought. He took a lot of stopping when he had the ball.

Going to be interesting to see which side he and the halves play on. I thought that Fogarty overplayed his hand a few times down the left edge when it was better to just give early ball. Both Kelly and Fafita play best with early ball, I hope that they persist with Ash on that edge.

I thought Thompson played really well also. For a little guy he is just so hard to put down. I have him miles ahead of Don and Sami purely because he doesn’t surrender coming out of the back end. It’s such an important facet of the game now to start the sets well. I hope this next trial changes the coaches mind about our outside backs.

I really liked the look of herbert. As mentioned above Thompson was awesome too. Good competition in the centres and wing.

According to Fox Sports we are being linked to Adam Reynolds as he wants more then the one year offered by Souths.
    Psmitty

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    According to Fox Sports we are being linked to Adam Reynolds as he wants more then the one year offered by Souths.
    Reynolds was linked to us last time he was off contract around 2017 if I recall. I don’t think he would be good value for us at this stage. Good player but ageing, injury prone, and likely to ask for a lot of money. I’d rather we show faith in Fogarty and see how Ash goes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Let the Broncos have him. Always playing busted

Rein focused on rising Titans despite Smith speculation
    https://www.nrl.com/

Off-contract Titans hooker Mitch Rein says he is not concerned about talk of Cameron or Brandon Smith being targeted by his club, nor about his own current lack of a deal for next year.

Rein was full of praise for coach Justin Holbrook's approach to football, saying the squad – with a couple of big new additions – was full of energy after a strong finish to 2020 with plenty of optimism for the new year.

"Those young boys and new big bodies have brought heaps of enthusiasm," Rein told NRL.com.

"They're all young and keen to work hard and it's showing in our training sessions. When we do our opposed it's super close, it's always a tough battle in our opposed sessions.

"It's been ultra-competitive when we're doing our opposed which is really good."

Holbrook in his second year as an NRL coach had brought an impressive football philosophy to the club, Rein added.

"He's been so good around the group. Everyone really loves his approach to training," he said.

"His philosophy on the game. He's got some awesome support in the assistants as well, JD (Jim Dymock) and Jim Lenihan. They've got a good combo, it's a really positive vibe there and everyone's enjoying how we train, everyone wants to work hard and rip in.

"It's been really good and really positive, I honestly can't say one bad things about training and the approach that's happened so far."

The enthusiasm brought by the likes of recruits David Fifita and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui had only increased the confidence around the Titans, which was obvious among the team's playmakers who had an excellent finish to 2020.

"They're all just awesome players," Rein said.

"Ash (Taylor) is a natural footy player. He's really worked on his combination with Jamal (Fogarty) at the back end of the year and he's really taken control and been a chief playmaker, which allows Ash to play his natural game which he's so good at, then AJ (Brimson) at the back is so fast and skilful.

"There was a pretty good combination going at the back end. We've had the chance to work on that the past few weeks, especially with AJ coming back which has been good. Still a fair bit of work to do but it's been enjoyable."

Brimson – whose pre-season has been hampered by a foot injury that threatened his involvement in round one – has been "flying" according to Rein.

"He hasn't been doing proper full contact, he's been in and out but everything he's been doing he's been looking unreal. That gives us all a bit of confidence," he said.

With Nathan Peats not offered a new deal this year Rein is the likely No.9 to start the season (though Erin Clark and Tanah Boyd are among the other options), with the spot seemingly his to lose for now in what is an important contract year.

"Hopefully, but I just want to put my best foot forward," he said.

"Last year at the start of the year was disappointing, we weren't playing well, I wasn't playing well and it took me a while to get back in the team.

"Then as soon as I got back in I got injured then I was out for a fair while and couldn't get back in. It gave us a bit of confidence at the end of the year.

"It shows there's a lot of guys who can fill in and it's making our squad a lot stronger now that we've got guys who can cover not just my position but every spot there's a lot of depth there now. Everyone's pushing each other which is good.

"I'm off contract at the end of the year so I want to put my best foot forward. I've been training pretty hard and feeling pretty good. Just wait and see. I'm just a bit over pre-season, I want to play games now so I can't wait for that to kick off."

He is hopeful of earning a new deal on the Gold Coast but isn't losing sleep about it yet.

"Hopefully, that would be good but there's no point worrying about it," he said.

"I've got to knuckle down and concentrate on playing well. Hopefully that will be the result.

"If not there might be something else, we'll wait and see but first things first – play good then hopefully something will come up here."

Rein similarly wasn't worrying about what the club might do in its potential pursuit of Storm and Kiwi rake Brandon Smith, or a mooted move for the still-unsigned Cameron Smith if he chooses to play one final season.

"It's completely out of my control to be honest, there's no point getting hung up on that stuff," he said.

"It would suck to be out of a job but there's no point really worrying about it, I'll just concentrate on what I'm doing. I'm enjoying what's going on now."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Reynolds was linked to us last time he was off contract around 2017 if I recall. I don’t think he would be good value for us at this stage. Good player but ageing, injury prone, and likely to ask for a lot of money. I’d rather we show faith in Fogarty and see how Ash goes this year.
    From NRL Physio.

With Adam Reynolds in the news the past few days, have seen the recurring take he is “injury prone”. People may think he gets niggles easily, but the past 4 seasons he has played in 92% of the Rabbitohs games. Played under 20 games in just 2 seasons of his 9 year career

https://twitter.com/nrlphysio/status...527821312?s=21

Past few seasons only missing a game or two.

Needless to say however I feel best we look at T Boyd or Weaver if we need a half in the future. Fogherty will do just fine.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady