Page 14 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    All that matters right now is a drama free pre season and getting AJ healthy for round 1.
    Yes I think AJ could be the difference in a number of close games which could have a major impact of where we finish. Him getting on the field in a injury free state is so important

According to the CM we have signed Klese Haas and Iszak Fa’asuamaleaui to our junior system, yes the younger brother’s of Payne and Tino.

Wow we are making some real moves in the signing area. Things are looking good for the future. Can someone who has access to the CM article please post it. Thanks in advance.
    Psmitty

Great news with the signings!

On a bad note, Apparently michael Gordon has been charged over night on drug charges, been stood down pending charges.. wouldn’t of thought he would be into any of that but then again, don’t know him outside of footy

TITANS NAB BROTHERS OF ORIGIN HOT-HEADS
    ANDREW DAWSON

STATE of Origin giants Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Payne Haas might lay claim to rugby league’s hottest rivalry but their younger brothers have side-stepped the feud and are set to join forces at the Titans.

In a surprising turn of events, Gold Coast has made the prized signings of Klese Haas and Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui , with the pair to come through the Titans’ development system.

They will join Maroons star Tino at the Titans, one of the club’s major recruits for the 2021 season, while Blues big man Payne has established himelf as one of the game’s best forwards at the Broncos.

“The Titans are happy to have both of these players as part of our junior system and can’t wait to see what’s ahead for them in their rugby league careers,’’ Titans chief executrive officer Steve Mitchell said.

“Working with schools on the Gold Coast, in particular Keebra Park State High School and Palm Beach Currumbin State High, we are excited to see the next generation of local players and are pleased they can stay on the Gold Coast as part of our development pathways.”

The Coast’s signing coup comes hot on the heels of the older siblings sparking a State of Origin powderkeg with their stoush in Game Two of the series – leading to some of the wildest scenes in recent Origin history.

Klese is an agile backrower or centre who unlike his older brother is eligible for Queensland .

Smaller in stature than the 123kg, 195cm framed Payne, Klese is an edge backrower with wonderful agility who came through the famed Keebra Park State High nursery.

Iszac is a forward who was in the Melbourne Storm Jersey Flegg system earlier this year, where his brother Tino was starring for the NRL side.

When the COVID-19 pandemic struck earlier in the year, shutting down the season , Tino and Iszac became training partners on bush fields near their family farm in the Widgee-Gympie region north of Brisbane.

Tino’s signings for the Titans opened the door for young Iszac to join his brother.

It is yet another impressive recruitment coup at junior level following the recent addition of David Fifita’s cousin Jo Jo Fifita from the GPS rugby system.

Gold Coast already has Sione Fotuaika, the brother of new Maroons forward Moeaki Fotuaika, on a contract from Marsden State High School.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Great news with the signings!

On a bad note, Apparently michael Gordon has been charged over night on drug charges, been stood down pending charges.. wouldn’t of thought he would be into any of that but then again, don’t know him outside of footy
    That’s bad bad bad. He’s on our Coaching Staff. Mick was pretty wayward in his teens and early 20s. That is why he was a late bloomer. He ended up just going back to QCup for Seagulls to play more for fun and then his career took off.

Does anyone have more info??

Have seen a bit of Klese and he’s got a way to go so I hope our system is good for him.

Haven’t seen Izaac play and there’s not much info on him available - Mdrew might be able to give an insight here.

Take the M Gordon chat to the former Titans thread.

Immortal

Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui is not much smaller than his older brother and is also a forward but will take additional time to reach his potential.

Played Round One of the NSWRL U20 Jersey Flegg competition thsi season off the bench for the Victorian Thunderbolts against Manly.

I would anticipate that Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui will play in the Hastings Deering's Colts competition in 2021.

Kelly, Taylor, peachey and rein all off contract next year. Kelly is a priority signing in my opinion. Hopefully Taylor takes a pay cut and I would still like to see peachey at lock or utility yhe following year. Hopefully we get a hooker this year as rein would be the only one I don't re-sign.

Who would you delete from our squad:

2021 squad: Tanah Boyd (2022), AJ Brimson (2022), Erin Clark (2021), Anthony Don (2021), Herman Ese’ese (2022) Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (2023), Darius Farmer (2021), David Fifita (2023), Jamal Fogarty (2022), Moeaki Fotuaika (2022), Beau Fermor (2022), Patrick Herbet (2021) Jaimin Joliffe (2022), Brian Kelly (2021), Greg Leleisiuao (2021), Sam Lisone (2022), Sam McIntyre (2022) Tyrone Peachey (2021), Jonus Pearson (2021), Kevin Proctor (2021), Mitch Rein (2021), Phillip Sami (2022), Treymain Spry (2021), Ash Taylor (2021), Corey Thompson (2022), Jarrod Wallace (2022), Jai Whitbread (2021)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

If we are talking at the end of the year maybe farmer(haven't seen him at all) Proctor(unless he has a cracking year) rein (depending on signings etc)pearson(would love to see if he can get a run, would be a good option on the wing and he had a good nines run. Depends on the younger guys coming through) GL (don't see where he fits in) and whit bread(we have plenty of depth in the forwards)

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    If we are talking at the end of the year maybe farmer(haven't seen him at all) Proctor(unless he has a cracking year) rein (depending on signings etc)pearson(would love to see if he can get a run, would be a good option on the wing and he had a good nines run. Depends on the younger guys coming through) GL (don't see where he fits in) and whit bread(we have plenty of depth in the forwards)
    Saved me a lot of typing Dog. Every one of those I had picked and pretty much for the reasons you have given.
    I would only add Ese Ese for an early release - yes I know he hasn't played a game for us but he has never impressed me and to me the new rules will even suit him less.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Saved me a lot of typing Dog. Every one of those I had picked and pretty much for the reasons you have given.
    I would only add Ese Ese for an early release - yes I know he hasn't played a game for us but he has never impressed me and to me the new rules will even suit him less.
    Cheers MT. I would agree with your call on Ese Ese. It really does depend on how they respond to Holbrook. Erin Clark can be added to that reasoning as well. This question would be a lot easier in June next year titanic.

C’mon guys, it’s the off season and what else have we got to debate? Here’s my list of deletions and I’m happy to be wrong about every one of them because none are out and out bludgers.

Proctor, Don, Clark and Whitbread with a really close look at Sami, Pearson, GL, Peachey, Ese’ese and Rein.
    Last edited by Titanic; 02-12-20 at 12:08 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Who do we all thing will be the breakout star for us next year? I'd like to say Tanah Boyd but i think he'll mainly play as a utility off the bench so I'm gonna say spry if he can get abit fitter he could be the big strong fast outside back we've been lacking over the years