Page 7 of 176 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

We have also signed Joseph Vuna who has returned form his Mormon mission.

Edit: this may be a T&T..will confirm when I know for sure. Sorry guys
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 07-11-20 at 04:57 PM.

Immortal

Thanks mate, interesting signing, if he can get back to his 2018 NRL form for the Warriors you just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    We have also signed Joseph Vuna who has returned form his Mormon mission.

Immortal

Perfectly said mate, I agree entirely, the Titans JTS (junior development) program is easily ahead of Brisbane and North Queensland now with Brisbane based players choosing to sign with the Titans instead of the Broncos.

Well done Titans

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I’d imagine the reason for that was because the Broncos were so entrenched in those schools. If you think about it, we were completely up against it trying to compete with the biggest and wealthiest club taking players out of our catchment.

This is great news. Add one big name hooker to our roster and we’ve had a near perfect off season. Well done to the club officials that identified the need for these partnerships and those who got it done.

Can anyone post this article regarding Hipgrave?

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...ve/news-story/

Inactive User

Given we just signed ANOTHER 2nd rower I can’t see any justification to keep Keegan sadly

First Grader

I dont recall who Joseph vuna is, did he have some potential? I take it a second rower judging from bods' comment?

The Eels have continued to add depth to their 2021 squad with the signing of Michael Oldfield, Keegan Hipgrave and Nathaniel Roache.
    Oldfield, 29, has joined on a one-year deal in what will be his sixth NRL club, while Hipgrave, 23, joins the Eels also on a one-year deal, with a club option for 2022 after spending the last four seasons with the Titans.

I almost shed masculine tears when i saw the Keebra news.

We were on the nose for so many reasons for a while and claiming Keebra almost feels like the final monkey off of our back in regards to our credibility and legitimacy.

I always thought PBC was in line but Keebra seemed like a huge task and thought it would take longer tbh.

Someone with better knowledge of other states high schools can let me know, but I cant imagine many NRL have clubs have 2 absolute powerhouse high schools at their disposal which pump genuine stars into our game.

I regard this our second best signing in recent memory, with number one being Mr Holbrook. David Fifita was a great get, but Holbrook and the schools are our future and im so excited for it.

P.S. also a huge fan of the new jersey. 2021 is gonna be a cracker

I'm one of those that will miss Hipgrave. Like his mongrel.

I'll miss hipgraves energy and passion but with fifita and Tino here now to bring the power game we are better off with more reliable guys like fermor and stone who really surprised me with his form at the end of the year, wanna hear more about this Joseph vuna guy, sounds like he's one of your typical hard running kiwi edge forwards which could be good for impact off the bench

QLD Cup

I’m pretty gutted about Hipgrave. I loved watching him play and I also really enjoyed the passion he had for the coast. It’s hard to disagree with anything that Holbrook and the team are doing at the moment but it is bittersweet that we are losing so many local players - James, Arrow and now Hipgrave.

I’m sort of okay with the move though because it is only for one year, possibly two, which is unlike Arrows four years. Hopefully he can hit some form and work his way back to the club in the future.

I'm devastated we are losing Hipgrave, he played with his heart on his sleeve and show a lot of passion for the jersey when so many players gave up. I'm glad he's got another shot and hope he makes the most of it

I’m glad to see Keegan get another opportunity. I don’t think he brought enough to the field to be re-signed here but no denying he was a great clubman and brought plenty of passion & enthusiasm. Wishing him all the best down at Parra.

Yep like most of us I’m sorry to see him go as he deserved to get the fruit of his labors from our low periods.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

TITANS TO STAR ON FILM

Maroons Origin heroes AJ Brimson, Phil Sami and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui will feature in a special sporting documentary on the Gold Coast Titans.

Maroons coach Wayne Bennett may have said no to an Origin doco on the Queensland team but that won’t stop the Titans inviting film crews to capture exclusive footage of their 2021 pre-season.

Sporting documentaries have become all the rage. The Last Dance, a behind-the-scenes look at the success of the Chicago Bulls during Michael Jordan’s golden reign, was a worldwide hit on Netflix.

There was also the release of The Test on Amazon Prime, a fly-on-the-wall insight into the Australian cricket team as Justin Langer tried to pick up the pieces from the ball-tampering scandal.

Now the Titans want to take rugby league fans into their inner-sanctum following their promising fightback under rookie coach Justin Holbrook this year.

The idea is the brainchild of Titans corporate affairs and entertainment boss Scott Rollinson, with Gold Coast hierarchy having held positive discussions with Fox Sports.

Film crews will spend three months at Parkwood during the Titans’ upcoming pre-season.

The six-part series will focus on telling the stories of the club’s players, including gun fullback Brimson and new recruits David Fifita and Fa’asuamaleaui, as the Titans look to recover from their darkest days and wooden-spoon finish in 2019.

Holbrook has agreed to be part of the documentary, which will be screened on Kayo and Fox Sports in the lead-up to the 2021 premiership.