Page 128 of 176 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Much more entertaining than the Knights game. Forum is by nature a confrontational platform, just ask Julius Caesar. Whether it’s a lack of half’s or a coaching strategy or a lack of effort Fifita is an enigma … stand deep and run onto the bloody thing. As for AJ, is fb really his best position? We will never know the answer to that until 9 and 7 is resolved. Personally he went pretty well in the centers. We could debate nearly every position but the thing that concerns me most is not recruitment or selection or game plan, it’s my in-game perception that the players perhaps aren’t all on the same page.
    I forgot the footy was even on right now. Bloody hell!

hi MT - Well balanced post. Although, fwiw - I didn't say that about Adam Reynolds. Without re-opening that discussion, I reckon you should check what was actually said and then get your money back from the AA meet my guy

Look, no one here doesn't want others to share opinions, concerns, judgements or whatever. I think in any forum people are always more receptive to the sharing of issues or concerns that come with solutions or ideas (MT you are very good at this and its why I always respect your posts, even if we clash on some things).

I also don't think it is unusual that people get frustrated and exhausted reading constant, repetitive venting and bottomless negativity if it doesn't come with a solution or anything constructive. We lost some really good posters from this forum because of that exact reason and I'd hate to see it again.

GT - I still think it's worth making the thread you were going to start, because some of the discussion around where the club is at, where we are going, and what we need to do to get there, would be really good and will stop us diluting the signings thread & match threads. If you don't make it then I will
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 23-07-21 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    hi MT - Well balanced post. Although, fwiw - I didn't say that about Adam Reynolds. Without re-opening that discussion, I reckon you should check what was actually said and then get your money back from the AA meet my guy

Look, no one here doesn't want others to share opinions, concerns, judgements or whatever. I think in any forum people are always more receptive to the sharing of issues or concerns that come with solutions or ideas (MT you are very good at this and its why I always respect your posts, even if we clash on some things).

I also don't think it is unusual that people get frustrated and exhausted reading constant, repetitive venting and bottomless negativity if it doesn't come with a solution or anything constructive. We lost some really good posters from this forum because of that exact reason and I'd hate to see it again.

GT - I still think it's worth making the thread you were going to start, because some of the discussion around where the club is at, where we are going, and what we need to do to get there, would be really good and will stop us diluting the signings thread & match threads. If you don't make it then I will
    Nah my cranky moment has passed. Though I'm sure I'll have the urge to do so again before seasons end...

Being passionate fans who like to take a deeper look at things (and many people have lots of professional and personal experience too) can be a sharp double edged sword.

We don't so easily walk away from the club as some do. And it's fine to be a more casual fan and I respect people's investment of previous time and finite money. But we hold on tight and we that means we can get closer to the poison too.

I enjoy reading people's ideas and deeper insight and possible ways forward, especially with signings. I also enjoy reading people's hail mary ideas or things that are totally off my radar.

I've seen the Rugby League world turn so many times. Someone's little supported idea becomes reality. Or things crumble.

But overall and on balance, I much more positive about our future and I do see a path forward. Most frustrating things about 2021 have been the lack of ticker, our defence and how many games we've let slip from the jaws of victory.

No where I thought or hoped we'd be after 2020. But we aren't sunk yet.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I am about to claim my money back from AA HS but in post #1554 you said "I’m not convinced Reynolds would make any difference to our side."
    I still beg to differ with that comment, especially now in the light of what our halves are looking like for next season.
    I am just happy to confirm that you made some comment about Reynolds coming here. I would hate to think I was losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I am about to claim my money back from AA HS but in post #1554 you said "I’m not convinced Reynolds would make any difference to our side."
    I still beg to differ with that comment, especially now in the light of what our halves are looking like for next season.
    I am just happy to confirm that you made some comment about Reynolds coming here. I would hate to think I was losing it.
    Christ MT I was really banking on you not going back and checking

I’m hoping our lord and saviour Toby Sexton this weekend restores me some credibility

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Actionable. Mal earns the $ he is on and works on the Gold Coast closely WITH the team or he resigns.

So how are you going to resolve this and how long should I wait?

This game is littered with jobs for mates. FFS we had our financial controller off touring with his GF for a year and getting paid well for 10 mins work a week.

Please don't compare hate speech with having a *****. It reduces any further impact your arguments have.
    I don’t believe in hate speech as a legal concept.

Inactive User

Christ MT I was really banking on you not going back and checking

I’m hoping our lord and saviour Toby Sexton this weekend restores me some credibility
    I think Toby is more John The Baptist. The Lord and Saviour is still to come but yes he most certainly is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I think Toby is more John The Baptist. The Lord and Saviour is still to come but yes he most certainly is coming.
    Do you think the Lord and Saviour is due in year 4 or 5 of your 5 year plan.

Inactive User

This is year 2 now and I’m thinking the Lord will appear in year 4 however it’s possible he will appear late in year 3.

This is year 2 now and I’m thinking the Lord will appear in year 4 however it’s possible he will appear late in year 3.
    Nope. He retired. Unless he can be talked out of it.

Rep Player

Just say the name Zillman 3 times in the mirror and shotgun a beer and our lord and saviour sir William will return on another 5 year contract

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Re your comment on Fifita. I get some of the criticism on him has been harsh and I stress that the blame doesn't lie on him, he took the money and good on him, and he hasn't been BAD...I just don't think he's quite lived up to his contract (yet). But it does pose the question; in what world did the club think it was a good idea to sign a 21-year-old back-rower on a contract equivalent to guys like, Teddy, Turbo, Slater, Smith, Cronk, JT, JT, Ponga etc, especially with a spine that was far from sorted? Like, what did they expect would happen?

A bit of trivia for everyone, are there any other second rowers apart from the freak Lolo who are on > $1 mill currently?
    If my memory serves me correct the Fifita attraction wasn’t just his on field abilities but also the belief that a lot of young footballers idolise him and therefore would want to emulate their hero and play for the same jersey. If this is true then probably invaluable

- - - Updated - - -

Earlier today I was thinking about posting if anyone thought Joseph Manu would be worth pursuing as a 5/8 but then I noticed he was on like $750k a year as a centre so that was the end of that.

I could honestly see Tom skipping colts and going straight into cup next year. Time will tell with how his final schoolboy campaign goes

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    I could honestly see Tom skipping colts and going straight into cup next year. Time will tell with how his final schoolboy campaign goes
    Is that something often? And how would that affect his development?