Page 124 of 176 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 134 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2626

Thanks to all who expressed an opinion/s on our defensive issues. I feel if we summed the pieces and divided by the contributors then the result would = our defence needs a whole lot of work. The thing that really intrigues me is that the players aren't novices learning the game. They have all been playing for most of their lives and the concepts are hardly rocket science so my summation is that there is something wrong in the house. If the majority are underperforming in 50% of their KPI's then "there needs to be an investigation".

Just to clarify, I wasn't calling out AJ who is courageous in his own effort and still learning his trade (like many others). It's just that when I coached onfield system management started from the back and that's hard to gauge without being at a game.

My own assessment for what it's worth is that we have too many players who have no idea how to manage their own fitness levels during a game. Line speed tanks, mobility dips, lateral movement implodes, all result in reduced effort and increased error rates. Of course the opposition do their homework and know who are the culprits and where to attack us.

Plus I have to ask: do we have kick-chase teams or even a kick to point strategy?

Finally, I'm very pleased we are not in the "2021 player quick fix market" ... why even bother to have a club if you import players just for the finals?
    Last edited by Titanic; 21-07-21 at 01:14 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Nice avatar, JB. I should change mine to Margot Robbie if we're doing celebrity crushes.
    I went to school with Margot.....we were 15 years apart and never met but there's that.

Inactive User

I’m a NO to Finucane. For the money he is potentially another KP to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’m a NO to Finucane. For the money he is potentially another KP to me.
    How good was Finucane before he went to Storm? And how many players or the percentage thereof have come out of the Storm and kicked on to be top shelf players once out of that system?

Not saying I'm in the Finucane corner as there is probably better value elsewhere now that every club is apparently chasing him.

Which also brings me to Nicho and how goes with the added weight of second year syndrome.
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 21-07-21 at 06:49 PM.

There could be a left field play here, I won’t go into detail but there is a possibility we end up with Brandon Smith, weird I know,
    but it’s a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    There could be a left field play here, I won’t go into detail but there is a possibility we end up with Brandon Smith, weird I know,
    but it’s a possibility
    Is this inner sanctum or theory?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    but it’s a possibility
    You thinking 4D chess move by Mal buy Dale Finucane for next season, swap him for Brandon Smith and Titans pay the difference on freight

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    You thinking 4D chess move by Mal buy Dale Finucane for next season, swap him for Brandon Smith and Titans pay the difference on freight
    That sounds like a plan.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Knowing mal change swap for Smith to swap for Karmichael Hunt and you are probably on point.

Mal's more of a checkers kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Knowing mal change swap for Smith to swap for Karmichael Hunt and you are probably on point.
    When has Mal made any move that would make you think something like this? Just curious.

Gold Coast young gun released from contract

The Gold Coast Titans are understood to have released 21-year-old centre Treymain Spry.

The centre, who has been touted as one of the best young guns in the game, hasn't played a game in first grade this season after bursting onto the scene during 2020 where he played five matches.

According to a Gold Coast Bulletin report, Spry has been released due to personal issues, the youngster requesting one from the club.

A representative confirmed to the publication that he has been released for his own welfare, rather than as a result of disciplinary action.

It's understood Spry will continue to play with feeder club the Tweed Heads Seagulls, where he has been in superb form during the first half of the season.

In eight appearances, Spry has scored eight tries, including a last start hat-trick against the Sunshine Coast Falcons. The gun centre also has three try assists, eight line breaks and 35 tackle busts in those eight games, while he has also been defensively very solid.

His disappearance from the Titans' 13, particularly given his defensive strength and the first grade teeam's defensive fragilities has come as something of a surprise, although has now been put into perspective.

Tweed president Matt Francis said Tweed would continue to support Spry.

“Treymain is just happy playing football at the moment as he deals with some private issues,” Francis said.

It was only in November that the Titans announced Spry had signed a new two-year deal, which was due to keep him at the club until the end of 2023.

Esan Marsters was signed by the club in May and it's understood he was the replacement for Spry, although it wasn't announced at the time by the Gold Coast. It was originally understood Marsters was signed due to injuries to both Patrick Herbert and Corey Thompson in the Titans' outside backs.

The Titans currently sit in 11th place on the table, just two points outside the top eight.

https://www.zerotackle.com/gold-coas...ntract-107374/
    Psmitty

Rein's Coast forecast uncertain but he's not the retiring type
    http://www.nrl.com

Gold Coast veteran Mitch Rein isn't ready to retire but concedes his days at the club could be numbered with the recalled hooker yet to sort out his future beyond this season.

Rein will return for the crucial clash against the Dragons on Sunday after falling out of favour with Titans coach Justin Holbrook last month.

An elbow injury to Erin Clark has opened the door for him to get back into the starting side and show the club and potential suitors what he can offer in 2022.

Rein, 31, is among four long-serving Titans players off contract with Ash Taylor, Tyrone Peachey and Anthony Don also unsigned for next season.

The 202-game veteran arrived on the Gold Coast in 2018 and has made 64 NRL appearances for the Titans after stints with St George Illawarra and Penrith.

"I don't know if there's going to be something here for me [next year] so it will be a good chance for me to get out there and put my best foot forward," Rein said on Wednesday.

"I don't really [have any plans] at this stage. It's been a bit hard not being able to play in the last few weeks.

"It is what it is, you've just got to get on with it. My body is feeling awesome. I look after myself pretty well. I feel like I've got a lot to offer so am looking to keep playing on somewhere.

"I've just got to have a good game on the weekend. That's the first step and make it happen.

"At the moment all options are on the table. If there's anything out there for me will have to be considered."

How the Titans finish the year could also dictate how the club handles the futures of several players with the side's inconsistency looking like it will cruel their finals chances.

After snapping a four-game losing streak last month with an impressive win over Canberra, they were undone by defensive lapses in their 26-8 loss to the Eels last start.

"It's one of the disappointing areas of our game," winger Corey Thompson said.

"We know we can score plenty of points but it's stopping tries that we're still trying to perfect.

"We showed against the Raiders we can defend and when we went down to 12 we scored points and stopped Canberra from scoring.

"On the weekend we slipped back into those poor effort areas in defence.

"We're still a confident team and know what we're capable of. It might get a bit frustrating because we work so hard during the week.

"Some games we defend really well and other week's we let it slip and don't look like a defensive side at all. We're working hard with each other to be that defensive side."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    When has Mal made any move that would make you think something like this? Just curious.
    It’s just a joke mate…thought it was pretty clear

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    It’s just a joke mate…thought it was pretty clear
    My bad mate.. Could easily be seen as a legit take on this forum.