Page 121 of 176 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 131 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2626
    Rep Player

Apparently Brent Read on Triple M believes we are rumoured to be front runners to sign Finucane. I thought it would be either him or Liu not both? Don’t get me wrong he’s a great leader and I’d love to have him as captain over KP but I’d be locking down Mo first.

Mo would be a good priority to fix up for a couple more years. But if we don't re-sign Stone, KP, Whitbread, Farmer, Ese'ese (if he moves on) there are a few spots to fill.

Yeah I'd be surprised if we landed Finucane given the amount of cap tied up in our pack. There are some desperate clubs who will fork out for him hoping he single handedly changes their culture.

Hoping Mo's extension beyond '22 is a priority.

- - - Updated - - -

Shallin Fuller starting to get some media attention from Badel in the CM..watch him get poached from under our noses.

IMO the Titans really should've given a pathways opportunity to him and Cole Geyer (signed with Melbourne) years ago. Both local products that were late bloomers and missed the typical pathway via a top school or being in rep teams as teenagers.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 16-07-21 at 07:53 AM.

swapping proctor and peachey for finucane and liu would be a massive improvement defensively

Rep Player

If we sign Finucane and Tino shifts out to Proctor's edge as I suspect, that leaves us with a 2022 middle rotation of Wallace/Mo/Liu/Finucane/Jolliffe/Lisone/Ese'ese. That would have to be one of the better packs in the comp, albeit missing a good hooker. I'd be a bit concerned about how much we have tied up in the forwards though given that Fifita and Tino are on nearly 2 m/year combined. With Wallace on 600k and Ese'ese on 400k (reportedly) and both unlikely to be re-signed beyond 2022, I think we should be ok for 2023, but we're going to be awfully light in the backs for 2022.

I’m more concerned about getting Sexton and even Fuller closer to a start. We need a lot more coming from behind our pack and just as badly we need an onfield strategist, our captains are like Noddy and Big Ears unfortunately, and then a 9 … maybe Xmas will come early this year, otherwise I’m ok with the squad.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Love to see Hurricane say the hell with it now and show some innovation.
    What do we have to lose?

V - Dragons

1. Campbell
    2. Kelly
    3. Marsters
    4. Herbert
    5. Thompson
    6. Brimson
    7. Sexton
    8. Wallace
    9. Clark
    10. Jolliffe
    11. Tino
    12. Fifita
    13. Mo

14. Peachey
    15. Ese’ese
    16. Lisone
    17. Fermor

Or what ever combinations work…just shake it the f@ck up!

Treymain Spry playing some great football for Tweed. Much improved on last year. A real shame.

Gee the Warriors side looks real good on paper all of a sudden. Should give the panthers plenty of headaches.
    Brown not scared to change things up (we can only dream).

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Gee the Warriors side looks real good on paper all of a sudden. Should give the panthers plenty of headaches.
    Brown not scared to change things up (we can only dream).
    Is that not nearly the same side they fielded last week that lost to the dragons? They’re my second team and are building but are like us with their weakest positions being 3/4 of their spine, and even young Walsh has some pretty big deficiencies in his game. I reckon until they fix that spine they’ll struggle

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Is that not nearly the same side they fielded last week that lost to the dragons? They’re my second team and are building but are like us with their weakest positions being 3/4 of their spine, and even young Walsh has some pretty big deficiencies in his game. I reckon until they fix that spine they’ll struggle
    Did they field
    6.Sheck
    7. Townsend

Aitken, Curran and Harris are big ins
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 17-07-21 at 05:24 PM.

Watch what a good spine can do for a team...watch Melbourne.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 17-07-21 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Watch what a good spine can do for a team...watch Melbourne.
    That team is just so damn good at every little effort area and then have the class to execute. Great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    That team is just so damn good at every little effort area and then have the class to execute. Great to watch.
    IMO there's no way Hynes is just one of those 'only good at Melbourne' players. He's a very smart player and another huge opportunity missed by our recruitment team.

Don't know if this has been previously discussed on here but wouldn't Lachlan Lewis make sense to add to our squad?
    No, not because of his silly little incident yesterday and therefore he'd fit right in but rather he goes hard and I think he's got real potential @ 5/8. (Qlder to boot and might just get the King on side…not sure how that helps but anyway.)