Page 109 of 176 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 119 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2626
    QLD Cup

He was the only Titans contracted player to be named in the QCup sides this week as well. Really disappointing. He was showing some great potential at a time where our outside backs needed some pressure on them to perform.

Don’t know what has happened with him but I hope that we see him in the NRL again someday.

Good looks HS, real shame to see his time is up here, there is/was something there with Treymain Spry.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Can you share any details on what happened?
    Up to HS here but you can assume that the Titans probably don't want the details to come out if they've decided to cut ties like this. If you've been around a while you can probably piece these sorts of things together, the Titans wouldn't just let a young cost-controlled player in a position of need with some legit natural gifts just go, but you also would have known about it by now if that same player was released to join a new club.

Gold Coast Titans
    13th. 10pts. -94
    Round 16: Raiders (A)
    Round 17: Bye
    Round 18: Eels (H)
    Round 19: Dragons (A)
    Round 20: Bulldogs (A)
    Round 21: Cowboys (H)
    Round 22: Rabbitohs (A)
    Round 23: Storm (H)
    Round 24: Knights (A)
    Round 25: Warriors (H)
    Having lost their past four games, the Titans are teetering on the edge of desperation territory.

They still sit just four points outside the eight with a bye up their sleeve and a number of big guns – David Fifita, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Moeaki Fotuaika – set to return from Origin duties in the near future.

The run home provides the Titans with an opportunity to jump up the standings, with five of their nine games coming against sides that they are within four competition points.

looking at our run home the only games we should definitely lose are storm rabbits eels, if we hadn't blown so many leads wed be playing finals footy for sure makes this year even more frustrating and disappointing

This year has been cluster of monumental proportions … with the exception of Herbert, JC and Marzhew we have regressed dramatically.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

CM reporting

"In other player movement news, the Titans have signed Liu on a three-year deal to join Gold Coast’s already impressive forward pack. Liu has won two competitions at the Roosters and should crack the 200 game mark for the club this year.
    More Coverage

The 30-year-old Kiwi and Samoan international is expected to link with the Gold Coast for the next three seasons from next year.

His departure continues the changing of the guard at the Roosters. Only Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Victor Radley and Sam Verrills remain from the starting pack in their 2019 grand final win against Canberra."

3 years for a run of a mill forward forward turning 31 next year is too long

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    CM reporting

"In other player movement news, the Titans have signed Liu on a three-year deal to join Gold Coast’s already impressive forward pack. Liu has won two competitions at the Roosters and should crack the 200 game mark for the club this year.
    More Coverage

The 30-year-old Kiwi and Samoan international is expected to link with the Gold Coast for the next three seasons from next year.

His departure continues the changing of the guard at the Roosters. Only Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Victor Radley and Sam Verrills remain from the starting pack in their 2019 grand final win against Canberra."

3 years for a run of a mill forward forward turning 31 next year is too long
    Nothing surprises me with this club anymore. We sign a beaten and battered 30-year-old forward whose best days are well behind him for 3 years.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 01-07-21 at 04:25 PM.

Liu is a great buy especially if he is on a modest salary (which I assume he would be). Brings a lot of professionalism and has been an underrated forward for the Roosters for years.

Guessing he could be our new 13?

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Liu is a great buy especially if he is on a modest salary (which I assume he would be). Brings a lot of professionalism and has been an underrated forward for the Roosters for years.

Guessing he could be our new 13?
    yeah until he gets injured. We might as well have kept Arrow. "Oops!" We banked on Tino owning the 13 jersey but it hasn't happened.

Not going to judge the Liu signing until I know how much $$ per season, but if it's above $350k FMD

Not sure about 3 years but Liu is almost the exact guy we need right now in the pack. I'm actually surprised we've never really been linked to him in the past being a Keebra boy and all, but better late than never I suppose, equally as shocked to find out that's he's been playing since 2013, always felt like he has been around since ~2010-ish.

Slide Liu in for Proctor, gain some leverage in Jarrod Wallace extension talks (not that it really mattered), and at this rate, he'd be on my shortlist for Titans captain come 2022, I think we have too many 'laidback' guys on this team and a guy like Liu just plays tough and would lead by example.

Very excited to read all of the "buh buh we should've just signed Shaun Johnson / (enter random hooker here) because we don't need a middle right now!!!!" takes btw Gents fire them off
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 01-07-21 at 05:03 PM.

Guess that's the end of Peachey at the club. Crikey, the club is really testing us this year. I wonder how much of his contract we'll have to pay out when he doesn't play for us in the 3rd year,

Arrow was always going to go to the bunnies GT. We matched the money and he wasn't keen...sad truth

I'm not too upset really. I mean 3 years is a bit weird but he's pretty much the exact type of player we need as a middle. Our ruck D is terrible and largely the reason we're constantly defending in our own 20 set after set when momentum is against us. Highly underrated means not much of a pricetag attached either. Much better value to the side than Peachey is adding.

GT I see you complaining about him being injured but is that just you finding a reason to be upset or is there some rational there? He's played 14 games this year. Seems to be pretty durable?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    yeah until he gets injured. We might as well have kept Arrow. "Oops!" We banked on Tino owning the 13 jersey but it hasn't happened.
    What if Tino is going back to Storm so we can get Brandon Smith? And this is why we got a new 13? Or if he plays 12 and replaces KP is that a good signing?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    What if Tino is going back to Storm so we can get Brandon Smith? And this is why we got a new 13? Or if he plays 12 and replaces KP is that a good signing?

Noooooooo

B Smith for 2023 I'd put my house on it

No need to trade Tino to get him a year earlier

edit to include quote reply to JB for context
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 01-07-21 at 05:07 PM.

Some real dour people in here. We needed. Leader like Liu to like lead our pack. The amount of times we fall apart under pressure this year and we blow out a lead isn’t funny. Lord knows proctor isn’t bringing that starch. Could be a Smokey for captain imo he’s a toilet which is what made our 2016 side so likeable. Toiling and grit