Page 85 of 176 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2626

Go after Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Go after Johnson
    always injured, except against us.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Nicho Hynes has apparently signed with the Sharks for three years from 2022
    Love to know what our recruitment is doing. I know it’s all “behind the scenes” but we haven’t been linked to any quality players and they just keep signing elsewhere. Although who would want to sign with us in our current state. Sign Proctor and Don for a few more years probably

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Love to know what our recruitment is doing. I know it’s all “behind the scenes” but we haven’t been linked to any quality players and they just keep signing elsewhere. Although who would want to sign with us in our current state. Sign Proctor and Don for a few more years probably
    I'd be letting Peachey, Proctor and Don all go. Then you add Ash's money and we have plenty of cash to spend, but nobody to spend it on.

First Grader

3 year 1.8m apparently. 600k a season for him seems like a good deal for hynes

Hynes is a big risk at that money IMO

Hynes doesn’t do it for me. Capewell for Proctor would.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    How come sometimes this forum doesn't work and I have to keep clicking refresh
    It’s sh1te isn’t it. Happens so often it drives me nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Whatever it was, Sua is a dam good edge player who bends the line and can really hit in defence. Something Proctor does not do. Also he has been selected in the Qld SOO so he must be doing something right
    I don’t get the Sua attraction, he is average IMO. Has never stood out in the two clubs he has so far played for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Hynes doesn’t do it for me. Capewell for Proctor would.
    I wanted us to go after Capewell when he left the Sharks. He is a pure footballer. Not fancy or flashy, just plays hard. Reminds me of Lafranci.

Capewell is over the hill. We have 2nd rowers. We have other priorities at the moment.

I think this year was our amazing signing year, the next couple will only be mediocre, I think Taylors money has been spent on Fifita already,

I remember Holbrook talking about offering 6 players contracts and often only one working out. I’m sure we are trying to get players but none have gotten over the line yet.
    I really like capewell and don’t agree that he’s over the hill. He could hopefully fill a leadership void at 27 if we swap him for proctor.
    I really want some new spine players and outside backs. I still think that we should have enough money to replace proctor with someone good if proctor is leaving.

Rep Player

Sharks choosing Moylan over Johnson. Everything’s coming up Malhouse.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...16f7e4656fde43

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Sharks choosing Moylan over Johnson. Everything’s coming up Malhouse.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...16f7e4656fde43
    Can someone post this article??

And please be true, I would be stoked if we could get Johnson, I would be even more stoked if we could get him at a decent price.

Whether we are actually chasing Johnson is another question. Haven't heard us linked to him at all

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Whether we are actually chasing Johnson is another question. Haven't heard us linked to him at all
    Hit the nail on the head. Johnson, Capewell, Sua yes we would love them but again (yes I know a lot in the public is Just managers pumping up prices) but we don’t seem to be linked to anyone at the moment. Now Is that because we are being more frugal and want someone better? But we can’t win with what we have

Johnson is 31 this year and has missed all but 4 games so far this season. It's still a huge no from me because there's no way he'd come here on peanuts.

I'd take Capewell over Fermor, Stone and Proctor but not on huge money. Turns 28 this year and we all saw the heart the guy plays with last year in origin...the guy is a great leader and is exactly the type of forward we need, and can cover centres too if we really needed him to.

But first and foremost it's our spine that needs work. I just don't want Johnson coming here on big bucks only to play a handful of games for us while spending the rest of his time injured on the sidelines.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 02-06-21 at 05:37 PM.