Page 167 of 176 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2626
    First Grader

I thought I post this here as our recruitment are usually asleep when it comes to knowing who is on the market. He is the only realistic quality hooker that could be signed for next year

NRL RIVALS CIRCLING STARLING

The Dragons, Broncos and Parramatta are circling Canberra hooker Tom Starling after learning he has an exit clause in his contract.

Starling, who played on with a broken jaw against Melbourne last week and is set to be sidelined for some time, has struggled to work out a contract extension with the Raiders despite talks in the past few weeks.

While contracted until the end of 2022, Starling has a caveat in his contract allowing him an early release. Sensing an opportunity to snap up the lively dummy half, the three rival clubs have this week reached out to Starling, who is playing behind Englishman Josh Hodgson

Starling would be great but surely Sticky will lock him down.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Starling would be great but surely Sticky will lock him down.
    Maybe but surely we should have a go. Our recruitment have done little to address our spine with a reserve grade 5/8 and Hooker.

When it comes to the spine, you need quality however our spine would be one of the worst in the NRL and recruitment have done nothing to at least have a crack at a quality spine player.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Maybe but surely we should have a go. Our recruitment have done little to address our spine with a reserve grade 5/8 and Hooker.

When it comes to the spine, you need quality however our spine would be one of the worst in the NRL and recruitment have done nothing to at least have a crack at a quality spine player.
    Maybe bc there hasn't been anyone on the market they've wanted to invest in

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Maybe bc there hasn't been anyone on the market they've wanted to invest in
    Well here is our chance

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Well here is our chance
    What if spending money on Starling for 2022+ means we are unable to compete for Brandon Smith/Harry Grant/Reed Mahoney in 2023+?

I rate Starling in a big way. Genuine question.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    What if spending money on Starling for 2022+ means we are unable to compete for Brandon Smith/Harry Grant/Reed Mahoney in 2023+?

I rate Starling in a big way. Genuine question.
    There is no guarantee we will secure anyone of Smith/Grant or Mahoney for 2023. Starling is a high quality Hooker who will come much cheaper than those 3 and can be available for next year. Why wait when there is quality now available and if we fail to secure him then we can go after one of the other 3 down the track. (I don’t think we are a chance with Smith or Grant which just leaves Mahoney who is very good but also very injury prone.)

Yeah there's no guarantee of anyone, Starling included, but I personally would rather wait and have a crack. There are 2nd and 3rd options if we are unsuccesful with Smith or Grant but to take the opportunity away altogether when we'll probably never again see 2 of the top marquee hookers potentially become available at the same time wouldn't be wise.

I like Starling a lot but I'm of the opinion we're a genuine chance at Smith or Grant. Keep in mind we can start formally negotiating come November 1 as well, which is only a few months away. I think we'll know within a few months from now whether either is an option or not.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 20-08-21 at 01:26 PM.

Rep Player

Those idiots up the road are about to let Ethan Bullemor go. I’d like to see us have a crack if we aren’t planning to re-sign Sam McIntyre or Darius Farmer.

I would be very disappointed if we didn't re-sign McIntyre. Next to Fermor I think he has the ability to be the 2nd best player we have.

Surely we don’t lose McIntyre. What’s Farmer’s situation? Injured? Haven’t seen him on any radar. Don’t need but wouldn’t mind Bullemor though.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Surely we don’t lose McIntyre. What’s Farmer’s situation? Injured? Haven’t seen him on any radar. Don’t need but wouldn’t mind Bullemor though.
    Farmer been released from the bubble and unlikely to be re-signed. Didn't really kick on at cup level like we'd hoped unfortuantely

Unlike most of you I'm not set on JC as a fullback. ok, we all have seen how good his attack can be but how many of you have noticed his defence on opposition line breaks? Very worrying if we have to rely on him as last line of defence. Yes he's just a kid and may improve with time and size, but not good enough at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Unlike most of you I'm not set on JC as a fullback. ok, we all have seen how good his attack can be but how many of you have noticed his defence on opposition line breaks? Very worrying if we have to rely on him as last line of defence. Yes he's just a kid and may improve with time and size, but not good enough at the moment.
    Melbournes line breaks came with 2 or 3 options to pass too. Not sure what you want JC to do other than have Fermor run them down and stop certain tries.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Melbournes line breaks came with 2 or 3 options to pass too. Not sure what you want JC to do other than have Fermor run them down and stop certain tries.
    I want him to do more than just stick an arm out. Hit the player with the ball.