Page 153 of 176 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I understand that sentiment Rav and I can see why you’d want to err on the side of caution. However, 250/300k is a fair price for him how he is playing at the moment, if not unders. If we have the money for him and there’s no better options, then there is no point in letting him leave. At the end of the day plenty of players on that wage sit on the sidelines and don’t play NRL. If he’s not performing then he can be dropped.
    Mate this metaphor should be the clubs position;

McDonalds have an unwritten policy that they will never locate a McDonald’s franchise on a site where another business has failed.

Inactive User

Brimson
    Boyd
    Fogarty
    Turner
    Sexton
    Weaver
    JC
    Kini
    Maybe Peachey
    Maybe Fuller

How many of these types do you want on the books???

Ash Taylor-well done on becoming a multi millionaire thanks to the owners, sponsors and members now off you go and have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Brimson
    Boyd
    Fogarty
    Turner
    Sexton
    Weaver
    JC
    Kini
    Maybe Peachey
    Maybe Fuller

How many of these types do you want on the books???

Ash Taylor-well done on becoming a multi millionaire thanks to the owners, sponsors and members now off you go and have a good one.
    Brimson you want as a FB, which I agree with. Boyd and Fogarty failed. Turner unproven. Weaver still got his training wheels on. JC very unproven in the halves. Peachey, no as a half.
    A very uninspiring list.
    I have bagged Ash almost a much as Rav but in the absence of something better...
    And that will be my last word on this.

It’s a divisive debate but surely we must field someone in 6 next year and unless we unearth someone there isn’t a better option than the 250/300k bloke. Sexton wins 7 as an investment regardless of the rest of the season, Fogarty is honest but offers much less; Boyd blew it but remains in the background, AJ and JC are pure speculation at this stage, Turner is an unknown, Peachey meh and no one in the market, so that leaves an affordable option who at least can hold his own and knows what the club is about. Not ideal but not as worrisome as our 9 prospects.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Brimson you want as a FB, which I agree with. Boyd and Fogarty failed. Turner unproven. Weaver still got his training wheels on. JC very unproven in the halves. Peachey, no as a half.
    A very uninspiring list.
    I have bagged Ash almost a much as Rav but in the absence of something better...
    And that will be my last word on this.
    Add Taylors name to it, feeling inspired?

Anybody want to debate Anthony Don's feelings for the Club? Always liked him no matter his onfield failings and as he wanders off into the sunset I wish him every success for the next part of his journey.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Agree mate, and absolute champion who got the absolute best of limited talent, an inspiration to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Anybody want to debate Anthony Don's feelings for the Club? Always liked him no matter his onfield failings and as he wanders off into the sunset I wish him every success for the next part of his journey.

Immortal

I still do not think that people should rule a line through Tannah Boyd as either a five eight or a No. 14 who can fill in at numerous positions, he is still very very young but that is just me.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I still do not think that people should rule a line through Tannah Boyd as either a five eight or a No. 14 who can fill in at numerous positions, he is still very very young but that is just me.
    Totally with you on that. He’s our #14 most likely when the 5 year plan culminates

Immortal

Shallin Fuller is a fascinating prospect, our version of Cody Walker?????

I'm not sure what to make of him mate TBH. He might just be one of those guys that takes a little while to come to grips with the step up. His history with Fifita should be a trump card though

I agree mate. I didn’t think he played poorly. I was interested to see your thoughts. I think he can get better.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of favour Gold Coast Titans half Ashley Taylor reportedly has a new suitor, with the Canberra Raiders set to lay out a contract offer.

The deal would be a drop in the ocean compared to what Taylor is currently earning at the Gold Coast Titans, but it has been reported previously that Taylor's only option was shaping up to be England.

ADVERTISEMENT

RELATED: England beckoning for out of sorts Titans' half

But now The Australian's Brent Read is reporting the Titans will offer Taylor a $250,000 deal for next year.

There is more but I thought this is interesting.

https://twitter.com/zerotackle/status/1424953237635956736?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Immortal

Absolutely mate, Fifita and Boyd really do combine very well and always have.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of him mate TBH. He might just be one of those guys that takes a little while to come to grips with the step up. His history with Fifita should be a trump card though

NRL Transfer News: Gold Coast Titans weighing up big offer for Roosters star Joseph Manu

Dean Ritchie

Gold Coast has expressed interest in signing Sydney Roosters star Joey Manu.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Gold Coast has held internal discussions about making a substantial offer for Manu, who comes off contract after next season.

Manu can start fielding offers from November 1 this year.

Influential figures at Gold Coast have an enormous opinion of Manu, whose asking price would be between $900,000 and $1 million a season.

Manu, 25, has a desire to remain at Bondi but is also aware the Roosters have a powerful and expensive playing roster that includes James Tedesco, Angus Crichton, Luke Keary, Daniel Tupou, Siosiua Taukeiaho, Victor Radley, Sitili Tupouniua, Joseph Suaalii, Sam Walker and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

Those close to Manu are suggesting the Titans have made official contact with his New Zealand-based management team but this development could not be confirmed.

Gold Coast will have considerable money back in their salary cap after this season with the expected departure of Ash Taylor.

While no offer has been lodged, Manu’s looming availability has been a point of discussion in and around the Titans. The Roosters are hellbent on retaining Manu yet money talks and Manu’s management is expecting to attract some massive offers for his client.

Last week, Warriors recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan told The Daily Telegraph of his club’s interest in Manu, describing the New Zealand champion as a “star”.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson responded by saying: “Joey has always been important to us, ever since he was a kid and came over here and started playing you could see what he means to us as a team.

“I don’t need to add much more other than he’s been a Rooster, he is a Rooster and his family are Roosters as well. We understand it’d be mad if there wasn’t interest but we definitely want to keep him as a Rooster.”

Off contract after this year, Taylor has yet to be offered a new deal by the Titans.

While his form this season has been strong, Taylor is aware he will not attain the $1m a season contract he currently enjoys at the Titans.

The X-factor factor with Manu could be the All Blacks.

The Daily Telegraph revealed last week the New Zealand Rugby Union has a genuine interest in Manu but could only offer around $600,000 a season, a combined deal between the NZRU and a Super Rugby franchise.

Former Wests Tigers players have urged their club to have a crack at signing Manu.

He'd be perfect at 6 alongside Sexton but doubt we could afford him or sign him with AJ and JC at the club